Robots Learning about Humans from watching YouTube

• 4 Replies

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
Robots Learning about Humans from watching YouTube
« on: October 26, 2017, 01:47:39 pm »
Who's watching the watchers? ;)

Artificial intelligence robots are learning human behaviour by binge-watching YouTube videos.

Google, which also owns YouTube, has put together a database of 57,600 clips for the tech giant's AI droids to watch and learn from.

They believe having AIs watch thousands of videos of human behaviour will help them understand "what humans are doing, what they might do next and what they are trying to achieve".

Every three-second clip in the database, named AVA, is taken from TV shows and movies from around the world.

Each clip labels a person for the AI to watch, along with a description of their poses and whether they are interacting with an object or another human.

The range of 210,000 actions includes videos of people walking, kicking, hugging, kissing, shaking hands.

A recent Google blog post read: "Despite exciting breakthroughs made over past years in classifying and finding objects in images, recognising human actions still remains a big challenge. This is due to the fact that actions are, by nature, less well-defined than objects in videos.

"We hope that the release of AVA will help improve the development of human action recognition systems in the future."

It is thought the technology could help Google advertisers better target consumers, based on the actions a person is more likely to watch.

Note: I would have included the link(s) to this actual text but the pages were so littered with clickbait and various advertising hype that I thought it unnecessary.
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • What are you doing Dave?
    • The Celluloid Sage
Re: Robots Learning about Humans from watching YouTube
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 05:03:41 pm »
So basically....Ai is going to be dumb and stupid as most of the people on Youtube then?  Greeeeeeeeaaaaat lmao....

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 09:06:34 pm »
I just hope they don't let it watch Ridiculousness with all those, "Hey y'all, watch this!" events, accidents, falls and bodyslams.

Then again, I wouldn't want it watching the behavior of Congressmen nor Senators either!  :2funny:
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 09:27:09 pm »
Actually, I think that Google made a step in right direction. At least, it follows the same scheme I have in mind for some time. Think about it: a human is doing some action sequence and gets some result. Than another human starts behaving with a same sequence. and that is a point for goal prediction. Of course, there will be different sequences for the same goal, some better, some worse, some suited for some occasion, some for some other occasion. A bot than, based on recognition of a starting sequence, can actually propose a whole sequence (maybe optimized for the occasion) that leads to predicted goal. If we consider sequences as granulation of shorter sequences, I believe we can extract some intelligent behavior based on learning from environment. So, it would be about recognizing a goal, planning optimization, and proposing a solution. Now, isn't what AGI is about: "real" intelligence that helps people to achieve their goals?

[EDIT] Of course, to describe an attempt to achieve a goal in some environment, one should have a right tool to describe attempts, goals and solutions. I'm not sure what Google has to offer as that kind of tool, but I'm working on such a tool myself. It should be an artificial language for describing the Universe. 8)

keghn

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

314 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 343. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles