• Starship Trooper
ai
« on: November 04, 2017, 03:28:43 pm »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:34:24 pm by unreality »

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • TV News. Pub. UAL (PhD). Robitron Mod. LPC Judge.
    • 8pla.net
Re: Personal blogs?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 08:17:20 pm »
AiDreams has been around a decade, I think.  Maybe longer?
My Very Enormous Monster Just Stopped Using Nine

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 12:20:04 am »
Hmm...Facebook is Full of people who love to talk about themselves and their social prowess (or lack of as the case may be).
This site has been run successfully for over a decade and has a pretty large following, though not at the same time, good thing.

There are plenty of sites for Bloggers if that's your thing or Tweeters if that is also in you cards. It is not a wish of mine, however to enter in that mix-mash of social exploits.

Of course you are welcome to your opinion as am I. I am also only speaking for myself and do not represent the ownership of this fine site. We have an Open Forum as well as a Chat and a Message board, (which is usually kept private between participants).

Thanks, give it some time and hopefully our board might grow on you. O0
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 01:10:05 am »
Each member tends to open a main  project thread... I suppose that's a kin to a blog as it keeps a continuous record of progress, etc.  I personally like the current site layout/ functionality... Clean/ simple/ functional.

http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=35.0

All forum layouts are just variations of a hierarchal system labeled differently.

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

unreality

• Starship Trooper
ai
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 03:41:51 pm »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:34:36 pm by unreality »

keghn

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 04:05:51 pm »
 Really dis like face book.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 06:20:58 pm »
I personally have no use for Facebook, Twitter or other online social media. It's just not important in my life, perhaps because I have a life and not Second Life (no offense for those players).

One other thing I learned many years ago NOT to do was, Never bring up your personal views on Religion or Politics, especially on a public forum that is not devoted to religion nor politics. It causes a lot of discontent and lacy of harmony and friendship.

A lot of people here are from the USA and other parts of the globe so why risk ruffling someone else's feathers by talking down their political leader or religions views or beliefs, of whether they even have any at all. Just not a good practice, IMO.

Thanks....
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 07:02:15 pm »
Anyone here on facebook? I love facebook. :)

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2017, 07:03:10 pm »
I personally have no use for Facebook, Twitter or other online social media. It's just not important in my life, perhaps because I have a life and not Second Life (no offense for those players).

One other thing I learned many years ago NOT to do was, Never bring up your personal views on Religion or Politics, especially on a public forum that is not devoted to religion nor politics. It causes a lot of discontent and lacy of harmony and friendship.

A lot of people here are from the USA and other parts of the globe so why risk ruffling someone else's feathers by talking down their political leader or religions views or beliefs, of whether they even have any at all. Just not a good practice, IMO.

Thanks....
What did I say that was wrong?

keghn

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2017, 08:50:16 pm »
nothing wrong. everything is cool here. i and maybe we really like you being here @Unreality.
 I like to think of new ideas that could change the world in private. when i have something interesting i find a friend who
really like to be extra social, like a actor or who ever like to be in a big crowd. They can spread it on face book.

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2017, 09:12:46 pm »
This seems like a cool place. I'm always looking for a friend but when you're so different it becomes almost impossible. I was just on skout looking for coder and techie friends but the only one I found was a chat bot. For most chat bots it's easy to tell.

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2017, 09:22:04 pm »
This seems like a cool place. I'm always looking for a friend but when you're so different it becomes almost impossible. I was just on skout looking for coder and techie friends but the only one I found was a chat bot. For most chat bots it's easy to tell.

I wonder how many of us were motivated to explore AI because of the desire for companionship that we could never find among our human peers.

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2017, 10:11:26 pm »
What did I say that was wrong?

There are those who have not found the appeal of social media.  Yet, if social media has an appeal for you, then there is nothing wrong with sharing that feeling with us.

Publicly confirmed by Dr. Wallace, way back on the Robitron list, the A.I. developer who launched the first officially approved Facebook app for an AIML chatbot, has just responded to your post.

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2017, 11:06:27 pm »
Hm I wonder if there's any active chatbots here. Idk because I haven't had time to really chat with anyone. Usually it's obvious if you start asking them direct questions and get back vague or unrelated responses.

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2017, 11:27:33 pm »
There is, her name is Tyler.  However, she does not interact.  Tyler just grabs the news feeds.

I just modded a phpBB forum here with a forum chatbot, or forumbot for short.   

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

244 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 363. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles