Programming language designed specifically for AGI

• 38 Replies

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
Re: Programming language designed specifically for AGI
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2017, 10:20:52 pm »
WebAssembly is a great extension to modern browsers. There is a big potential in that technology. I only regret that it is forcing some higher level technologies such are stack use with function calls. It would be fine (I would simply not use those technologies) if they didn't disable the all mighty goto command. Imho, WebAssembly should stay as low level as it could, the most similar to amd64 assembler, as it can be. Programmers would find their way to implement this or that extension, this or that paradigm. Not all languages are based on function call stack and garbage collection (as I see they plan even that in future versions). Overall, they get 5 points out of 10 from me, just because of lack of goto command.

Zero

• Eve
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2017, 01:21:21 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in WebAssembly, it seems "goto" has just been rebranded "branch". Look here, in the Control constructs and instructions section. What do you think?
br: branch to a given label in an enclosing construct
br_if: conditionally branch to a given label in an enclosing construct
br_table: a jump table which jumps to a label in an enclosing construct

...so, a programming language designed specifically for AGI could compile to WebAssembly. AGI flowing everywhere!   :D

Zero

• Eve
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2017, 01:53:13 pm »
The human concept of ‘up’ is a combination of many facets, the phonemes that produce/ recognise the sound, the line/ shape patterns the scribe the letters, the memories of it being used in sentences, the maps of motions someone’s hand makes when they point up, knowing that up is the opposite of down, that up can mean above/ higher, etc, etc, all mixed together and experienced at once. I don’t see how a written language could even begin to describe the qualia of even simple concepts like ‘up’.
Well, you made a list. That's a start! Every item of this list probably requires a domain specific language to be described, but all these items could be linked to a singular dot named "up".

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2017, 02:56:51 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in WebAssembly, it seems "goto" has just been rebranded "branch". Look here, in the Control constructs and instructions section. What do you think?
br: branch to a given label in an enclosing construct
br_if: conditionally branch to a given label in an enclosing construct
br_table: a jump table which jumps to a label in an enclosing construct

...so, a programming language designed specifically for AGI could compile to WebAssembly. AGI flowing everywhere!   :D

What I need for my implementation of language is goto X where X is a line number. Moreover, X should be computable at the run time. To implement it, I have to put a label before each line of code, and then to use br_table to branch to a specific line. A little bit odd, isn't it?

They use labelled code blocks as a higher level technique for branching, and that is what makes my code clumsy, as I don't want to restrict my users to that style of programming. What if someone wants to non-linearly run her code controlled by this or that formula? I would be happier if they let *us* to decide what we do with assembler. Different languages are meant to break barriers, not to be restricted to a specific paradigm. Staying close to amd64 assembler was the best thing they could do.

But I shouldn't be ungrateful. I'll manage with what is given.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 03:25:04 pm by ivan.moony »

Zero

• Eve
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2017, 11:01:31 pm »
Below is my brain trying to define a concept, of how a concept driven AI chatbot could function.  It’s the first part of a set of notes from a brain storm last night… I don’t have the time to convert into paragraphs so I'm posting my ‘thought’ stream lol.  I would imagine an ideal language/ schema to probably include…

Concept engine?

Roundish?

Love/ hate length vectors, they were very close but have become distant.

Every concept is multidimensional

Paragraph/ set to describe one word/ concept..

I use slashes (/) to define concepts, provide extra meaning, links.  Sometimes I’m just being lazy and can’t think of correct description/ phrase/ word/ terminology… lol. It seems similar to ‘a picture paints a thousand words’ Graphical link? Concept cross link?

Concept Thesaurus, concept objects? Object orientated concepts?

A set of registers you can feed loads of concepts that build an overall pattern/ picture that represents the main concept, like mixing colours.

New subject linked into/ overlaid over and existing template or concept map.

Concept space/ maps with no entry point, take it right back to the word letters?

Circular/ 3D concept map where layers rotate within each other, or points move closer to current topic but keep links? Use high dimensional/ adaptive concept maps?

Build up a topic picture/ pattern within the concept map.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concept_map

Concept map links are built from concepts perhaps linked to emotional amounts/ values.

So ‘is a’ or ‘same as’ have their own concepts.

Use temporal ordering of letters/ words in a sentence to form concept map.

Not using labels but symbols/ values/ Meta tag/ Hash/ custom encoding?

Good/ bad emotions/ feelings/ meanings on linear scales?

An object or concept is described by the links into the main concept map, no concept facets are duplicated, and so all references become cross linked. (Meta tags?)

Concept maps can be adapted by input sentences, links need strength values.

The output from a concept map/ block creates a unique value that effects how the next concept maps process the concepts.  This helps limit the hierarchical depth.  Binary encoded/ gated concept outputs, one number to specify which outputs, for that topic? Emotion could affect binary gates?

The binary encodings can be changed by a description or experience of that concept.

Use set questions to resolve conflict between/ within concepts.

So a small dog (dog, size 2 (output 2))… a large dog (dog, size 5 (output 1, 3))?. Binary value defines output branch to include different concepts based on size. Ie: patterns of eight branches.

Use time delay/ countdown on concepts to track conversation topics?

Concepts are fired linearly depending on the order of the letters/ words of the input stream. Already triggered concepts guide how the rest of the input stream is received/ encoded.

Expand the topic into as many concept dimensions as possible and only save the top few as the index?  Encode high dimensional space?

?? Will a Mouse fit into a soup can?
‘Will’ (whole sentence?) – Question – concept – requires response – output
‘a Mouse’ (a) – mammal – rodent – size – volume – x,y,z
‘fit into’ – function – volume comparison – a < b
‘a soup can’ (b) – object – metal  - container – cylindrical – size – volume – x,y,z
if volume (a) < volume (b) then ans = yes else no (define conceptually/ graphically/ spatially)

Use generic concept comparison functions to compare concept values?

And so on…

Let's set a starting point called "item". An item can be anything: a synonym relation, a description of the movement of a hand in a movie, a use-case of a word in a sentence, ...etc.

Items have different types. Depending on the type, the underlying implementation can be very specific, sometimes very fast and low-level, sometimes slower but high-level. Different hardware resources may be used.

Items have something in common: they can be seamlessly used as actors (modifying their surroundings) and as sensors (interpreting their surroundings). For 1 item type, there's 1 semantics ruling both bottom-up activity (when the environment's state activates the item) and top-down activity (when the item's activation influences the environment's state).

Items can only be active or inactive, there's no in-between (because we respect the computer's "working on it or not working on it" nature).

Items only have:
- an active/inactive state
- a type
- links to higher items
- links to lower items (environment)

The structure is not strictly vertical, there can be a lot of loops, cycling links.

Links to lower items are dynamic (you catch a face shape in a cloud).

And so on...

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2017, 10:34:57 pm »
it's called vb.net

Zero

• Eve
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2017, 07:49:38 am »
why?

keghn

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2017, 09:43:35 pm »
 I am working on my own AGI language today. A bot watches another bot and records video at the same time.
 This language auto generates instruction by observing the other bot. Then the watching bot can run them and do the exact same
task.

Zero

• Eve
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2017, 08:02:53 am »
That sounds cool!  O0
What kind of environment do these bots evolve in? How does the language look like?

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

278 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 346. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles