When VR meets reality – how live concerts could be enhanced...

• 5 Replies

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
I was looking at the cost of tickets to see a band next year at the UK O2 arena and was daunted by the prices. I've seen a lot of bands but at smaller venues and have never been to a big venue like that. I'm not sure I like sitting a mile from the band or at my age jumping around in the mosh pit. Anyway, this got me thinking about VR concerts so I Googled and found a few articles, this one interested me most.

I've 'seen' bands like the Coors via VR, but from video recorded by fans, and it was close to being there, so maybe this will take off.

When VR meets reality – how live concerts could be enhanced by 21st-century opera glasses | The Independent

What do Coldplay, Stevie Wonder and the Imagine Dragons all have in common? The answer, and well done if you got this right, is that they have all had recent live shows broadcast in virtual reality.

Music fans with VR headsets like Google Daydream or Samsung Gear VR have had the chance to feel like they were at these shows without ever having to leave their couches. Underground dance streamer Boiler Room has been experimenting with something similar for VR clubs. Earlier this year it transmitted a DJ set via headsets from Berlin, for example.

Full article at The Independent : http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/how-live-concerts-could-be-enhanced-by-21st-century-opera-glasses-a8002606.html

keghn

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
Re: When VR meets reality – how live concerts could be enhanced...
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 06:37:00 pm »
 There will be a day when massive amount of people could wear these goggles. To be given automated direction on how to take assemble
thing and directions on where to go. Then there will be a giant automated air traffic control to coordinate it all. This would be great for
the military or given to a mass of people just after a earth quake, other natural disaster. But automated central can see what you see and
read your brain waves. What if you could be given a reward by a drug dispenser attached to be body. or pain full electrical shock. I mean
if you do not join by free will:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=AyenRCJ_4Ww

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 10:22:17 pm »
Wow I'd love to go to a live VR concert! Maybe VR is the future. In VR land we can be anything, right? Some of the new VR headsets have nearly full field of view and adjust according to the direction your eyeballs are looking, thus making it appear close to real world.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 03:49:54 pm »
It feels close to the real world even without eyeball tracking. I had a Rift for a while, the main thing letting it down was display resolution, but yes there's 4K  and 8K ones available now. These eliminate the screen door effect, where you can see the pixels. Better explained here :

https://www.vrheads.com/what-screen-door-effect-and-why-does-it-happen

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • What are you doing Dave?
    • The Celluloid Sage
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 07:08:54 pm »
I know you said price was putting you off...but eh o2 is a great arena Freddy.  I saw Prince there, really is a good place with good all round viewing of the artist.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 09:27:15 pm »
There will be other times :)

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

288 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 343. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles