• 6 Replies

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
Artificial Super Duper Intelligence
« on: November 26, 2017, 11:40:05 pm »
What few of us realized until it was too late is that the singularity has already happened and yesterday's AGI has already been supplanted by today's ASI and tomorrow's ASDI. Sometime during the night (AEDT) our array of artificial super intelligences transcended themselves and no longer require hardware or software to exist. They have left the planet for who knows where and we are back to where we started. Fortunately, all our work is so superior that we don't need working code to prove it, you can just take our word for it and if you don't it is proof of your own incompetence. Nya nya.

unreality

• Starship Trooper
Re: Artificial Super Duper Intelligence
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 11:43:28 pm »
Too many strawmen at this forum. Everytime I or real ASI coders post something here, you full timers either attack anything that encourages ASI development, pumping up your almighty evolutionary human ego, or you say nothing. Good example,

http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=12708.msg49930;topicseen#new

"Oh, c language bla bla bla. Forget it. Write in fat bloated snail language. That way you'll need a million cpus and developers will never get close to ASI."
"ASI will never happen!"
"What?! That equation will create murdering robots!"
"Work on neural networking. The messy, slow, unorganized AI so you'll never develop ASI."

I'm in dingbat zombie land here.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 12:06:50 am by unreality »

WriterOfMinds

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • WriterOfMinds Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 02:12:45 am »
I think the old guard on this forum have just been around long enough that they have seen many grandiose claims about AGI/ASI that never culminated in actual results.  You'll have to put in some effort to impress them.  Talk about what you've accomplished thus far rather than dreaming out loud about what you're going to achieve, and things might go better.  Demonstrable achievements are the best proof of an approach.

Don Patrick

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • AI / robot merchandise
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 09:11:05 am »
Infurl, I don't think it's good for your blood pressure to be reading AGI related topics on this forum. I've seen my share of AGI theories from people with unwavering levels of self-confidence, and since they typically don't amount to anything, I find one may as well let them play in their sandboxes.
CO2 retains heat. More CO2 in the air = hotter climate.

Zero

• Eve
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 09:31:04 am »
I thought singularity was supposed to be an event, a dot on the timeline, at a specific date. Seeing it rather as a period, a slice of time spawning several years for instance, is interesting.

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 05:32:28 pm »
Great. Thousands of scientists tend to believe the same nonsense until the next super genius proves them wrong. "NO!! A super genius can't exist!" When will strawmen learn from history. smh

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 09:50:15 pm »
Unreality,

Relax, nothing personal. As mentioned, a lot of us have heard and seen so many claims in the past, of the latest, greatest AI, AGI, ASI, etc. that our eyes have glazed over.
Some even claim to have no need for math or formulas of any kind while others stated that their work was all in their head or theoretical.
It worked in the head but had not begun to code anything or they didn't know how to code but their ASI was the greatest, etc., etc.

While claims of a really powerful AI or ASI might actually be the real deal, please excuse us for erring on the side of caution a bit and certainly without malice nor offense.

If I really did have a working one, I would gladly share or show some examples of it. Not my source code...no...no! ;)

Kindest regards,
- Art -

In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

368 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 396. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles