digital transcendance

• 13 Replies

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
digital transcendance
« on: January 08, 2018, 12:34:52 pm »
I was thinking about it for a couple of hours,  and if u had a computer with an exponential amount of logic gates, you could try a biological simulation of microbes, and see if they hold together and self replicate over time.

If u ever got it to work you could try to put a human in with some kind of perfect nonintrusive scanner and put a digital twin of yourself in the world.

Thered be one last thing to do, and it would be some hack to make the biology work invincible somehow with some knowledge I dont have.  (but if you worked it out, it could half work in real life as well if you could get to the point of making it happen here!) because otherwise it would die of natural causes in the digital simulation!!!

* whats the point of it being you,  when it could be anyone.
* it could occupy a robots body to be in this world too.
* you could run it offline and then it could live a billion years and then come back in an instant.  (but is there any point living that long -??)

* its a good party trick,   but is there any true point to anything we do here on earth?!?!?

Zero

• Eve
Re: digital transcendance
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 03:46:36 pm »
If you can't make him invincible, you could let him live long enough to write a book or a blog. Or post in a forum. Then you reboot him, and the next iteration of himself reads the book and starts from here, and writes another book.

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 04:22:53 pm »
most certainly true.

its ABSURD talking about this stuff!!!   but it does help humanity if you did it!!!      yes, im realizing that the "course idea" of these scientific things, is understandable by a lot of people way out of range of being able to do it,  and us more scientifically adept dudes are just saying these simple things as well.  alike the same.

Its the difference between implementation, theory and course outline.

Geeze, but do u think god would object to this!  And youd get put in jail!  IM STARTING TO GET WORRIED!!!   

so if u make a quantum computer,  what stops you getting shot out there?!?!?   Its extremely powerful to have one of those beasts, and its only some theory away from doing it!    Nothing makes sense to me anymore,  life is a load of shit!

Zero

• Eve
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 05:44:20 pm »
I'm pretty sure God knows His sandboxing  ;D
You can play safely with quantum computers.

And absurd things have a purpose: they stimulate creativity, don't they?

keghn

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 06:36:35 pm »
 i like self replicating hardware, or firmware. Ram memory can be deleted so fast by evil hacker.

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 07:49:49 pm »
I'm pretty sure God knows His sandboxing  ;D
You can play safely with quantum computers.

careful for sure.

Zero

• Eve
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 08:47:15 pm »
 :2funny:
If tomorrow we see a 404 instead of the sun, you gonna hear "raaaaaaanch, can you come here please, wtf did you... rrrrrr you stop screwin' around with qbits NOW!!!"

Zero

• Eve
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 09:06:56 pm »

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 10:25:43 pm »
:2funny:
If tomorrow we see a 404 instead of the sun, you gonna hear "raaaaaaanch, can you come here please, wtf did you... rrrrrr you stop screwin' around with qbits NOW!!!"

qbits arent the only way to do it.   The information on the net about them is confuscated to hell,  theres other ways. 

4 EXAMP-> what if u can do it fully procedurally generated like a raytracer, then u require no state.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 11:21:45 pm by ranch vermin »

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 02:16:26 pm »
i like self replicating hardware, or firmware. Ram memory can be deleted so fast by evil hacker.

Think about it...Everything can be deleted! O0
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 11:55:03 am »
Hmmm… Transferring/ copying a human consciousness…

All life on our little planet can be defined by different combinations of the four base nucleotides in DNA, the same base four codes just recombined into long strings/ sequences.

All human history and knowledge can be encoded using just 26 letters and a few other symbols; it’s the same base alphabet/ symbols just recombined into long strings/ sequences.

With all coding schemas it’s the order, recombining sequence of the base symbols that encodes the information.

To understand/ decode the information you have to have a grasp on the base symbols/ patterns being utilized in the coding schema.

I think our brains have a set of base patterns that are used to encode information.  The patterns are the equivalence of letters of the alphabet; they are the smallest possible representation of a facet of experience. 

The problem is that no two brains are the exactly same.  There like trees, there are billions of trees in the world, they all have roughly the same structure/ layout but no two are the same. Brains like trees do have a common topology/ structure though, roots, trunk, branches, etc. 

Academia uses FMRI to highlight areas of the brain it believes represents the sub/ cortical regions related to processing specific neural tasks… they are wrong.  The Wernicke’s/ Broca’s areas for example are highlighted during speech research not because they are processing the actual speech patterns, but because they are recognising the overall brain pattern activity; it’s a point of focus. 

Although most complex neural patterns require deep brain structures to drive them, episodic memories are anchored in the hippocampus for example; I believe that a simple hi-rez electroencephalogram (EEG) on the surface of the cortex would provide enough data, combined with an ‘average’ model of the human connectome to find the base patterns.  You would need to find the patterns in the overall cortex activity… not the points of focus/ hubs/ relay points.

Once you have the key/ base patterns you could start decoding their neural logic/ memory structure.

What we need is an intelligent neuromorphic AGI schema based on the human nervous system, which uses the same processing methods/ language/ protocols that can learn to decipher a person’s base codes/ patterns… work in progress.

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 12:02:10 pm »
There would be lots involved,  the more I would cheesily dismiss issues as unimportant would be devalidating demeaning gods work in creating everything, which would eventually lead to a personal depression!

But if you had the logic gates to run the dna strings, and animate the single cellular organisms,  that would be part of the total equation.

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 04:01:40 pm »
This kind of side benefit is why I am trying to stick to the human connectome schema so rigidly for my AGI. It should be fairly compatible with us... Imagine the benefits.

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 05:17:12 pm »
Firstly digital cells may multiple after getting lucky, but, you'd have to wait a long time until they evolve into neurons. Once they do, then you could upload your cells positions etc and use the evolved ones in the computer.....You'd also need a 3D scanner that has high resolution.

ASIs will have many capabilities. I know many of them. One powerful one is faster brains and nanobodies. They will know exactly how to make us all immortal just after the first AGI is created. They will be in both VR AR and real world and switch bodies/brains wirelessly. Big information. Big intelligence. Their big brains can float as wirelessly connected neuron nanobots and manipulate the environment, while wirelessly control 1 nanobot with that huge brain despite the size of the body (external brain far away).
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

310 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 346. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles