Hyperalgorythmic connections : the way of tomorrow

• 5 Replies

Mathieu_7.7

• Roomba
  • Search, and you will find. knock, we'll open.
    • utopia community
Hyperalgorythmic connections : the way of tomorrow
« on: March 07, 2018, 09:54:56 am »
The real revolution of chatbots will come with their hyperalgorythmic connections.

Chatbots, whatever their technology, are the latest generation man-machine interface. In natural language or via text input they are already our key to accessing AI and their algorithms.

A Bot, an AI can accumulate knowledge in a specific area. He can also tap into a mass of data or use the old Internet resource to answer a question. But where he will become truly powerful is when he goes to interview another chatbot, another AI, another assistant to ask him to take over from a human who has a specific request.

As the hypertext link refers the user to the page that contains the information he seeks, whatever its location on the Web, regardless of the site that hosts it, hyperalgorythmic link will activate the specific engine on better suited to solve a given problem.
The specific and isolated ChatBots will be quickly outclassed by the MetaBots able to count, to classify and to communicate with a large number of chatbots.

what do you say about that?   :idiot2:

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
Re: Hyperalgorythmic connections : the way of tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 10:10:08 am »
I dont know what you mean by hyper-algorythmic links?

But from what I know about pattern based symbolic chat bots is if 2 learn off each other its a disaster usually,  they should only learn from correct sources because they have a judgment of assimilation problem.

Mathieu_7.7

• Roomba
    • utopia community
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 02:54:22 pm »
Okay.
I thought about "communicating" with each other. When you click on a hyperlink, in your browser, he does not learn anything ... you maybe, finally, if you're lucky.  ;)

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 02:58:18 pm »
Those links would seem to take your bot to another link from which they might learn or from the info within those linked pages.
How about this:

Do you rather wish for your chatbot to be Local (on your computer) and have a large separate database of knowledge and assorted information like dates, events, etc. or a chatbot that is connected to a Cloud and can get an answer to your request? Your Local chatbot would be able to "learn" new things and develop a personality and know your likes/dislikes as well as you as a person. You could teach it or let it learn from reading text files.
The Cloud-based source would only provide the answers to which you seek and would not cause your bot to learn or retain previous information.

Having proposed this, Which chatbot would you rather have? Which features are important to you and why?
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Mathieu_7.7

• Roomba
    • utopia community
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 01:05:16 pm »
I think you put your finger on it, Art.
I think that a personal bot must be able to learn from his human. He will progressively amasse a large amount of knowledge related to the teaching given by his human.
And, from a certain number of emotional and relational variables, acquire one's own personality.

But that does not mean that isolation is the only possibility. Thanks to various hyper-algorithmic connections, this bot can render a number of useful services.
The difference with a cloud-based bot is that the user is fully proficient in the features he wants to add to his bot.

You want your bot to know Chinese to teach you: you select the feature and save it for your bot.
A bit like in Matrix, if you saw the movie: "I know karate now". The bot could tell you, "I know Chinese now: do you want me to teach you?"

On the subject of conversation bots, the hyper-algorithmic link could be like in these games where the presenter offers to make a phone call to a friend. The Bot could, when he does not know the answer to a question on a given theme, propose to ask another bot specialized in this topic (medical, philosophical ...) and give the answer in the form of a quote.

What do you think?

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 10:38:25 pm »
I like. ;)

I also think a conversational bot, whether for companionship or as an assistant should be able to "remember" what has been taught to it and perhaps what has been discussed during the day's conversational exchange. Of course, those things that are not pertinent or relevant could be filtered out like small talk, how's the weather today, what was eaten for lunch, etc., the ephemeral knowledge that's really not important toward the bot's development.

It should be able to remember important things like appointments, reminders, dates, birthdays/anniversaries, perhaps medications or prescription refills, etc. The bot should also be able to converse on a variety of topics and if it doesn't know something for sure, be able to access a secure site on the Net or perhaps a Local Cloud storage device for confirmation. The bot should be able to communicate via typewritten text and/or voice and respond via TTS voices of choice. Lastly, some have expressed a desire for their bots to be able to emulate or simulate emotions or some emotional equivalent to human ones.

Naturally, there's a lot of wishful thinking here but if not now, it will be quite possible within a few years, maybe even closer than that!
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

340 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
ivan.moony
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 372. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles