« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2018, 02:54:38 pm »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:23:46 pm by unreality »

keghn

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
Re: Caution to AI coders
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2018, 04:11:06 pm »
@Art, Hybrids are are another evil freak show. Hybrids are a one shot parent seeds that can not produce off spring well. So that big
aggro companies can keep profits high. But plants do not suffer so you can really push them in up breading.

Mother nature has a hybrid fail safe tactic. Large hybrid are not to produce off spring well. More like non at all.
 The genes that make a super organism are few. The super organism will get rid of the lessor. And once this happens
the near clone hybrids will become victims of microbes. Microbes can only target few proteins at a time. To target another protein they need
to evolve. And that take time. Large animal are each made with a different flavor of protein. Hybrid will use the best proteins to build
their immune system. Which will make them look clone like to microbes. Diversity means survival, at all levels.

Not really big on humans in slaving species. 

The; right thing to do is have like 30 or more non hybrid grain seeds species that grow in the same field. Have the same growth profile
 and pant shape, but completely different genes.
 Harvesting is done by a high speed wheat machine.
 Hybrid grain is a baby sitting species. No human around then they are dead end. This is not up breading to make something better. Evil.

If hybrid wheat succumbs to a world wide wheat rust then entire wheat species may become on its way to extinction. With wheat always
showing its best genes all the time it will make easy target for microbes. Survival is hide your best genes with in a mix of common genes,
bad genes, and decoy genes.

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2018, 08:36:21 pm »
Art, I'm afraid that situation is exactly as I prompted... The specific image I took from a vegan page might be a feeding rack, but browse the web and you'll see that things are exactly like the vegan page (accidentally) alerted. I don't have a stomach to put you all through that photo visit. If you don't believe, google it. They are all there, from chickens, over pigs, to cows. Some of them can't move at all, except a neck to browse a food. I have to name it as an abuse.

We want to kill for a food? Ok, it's a kind of natural(?), but at least we should set them free. Then I'd have no arguments for pursuing a public AI.

What do we do when a human is similarly abused? We all gather up to save her, even under a cost of our lives. Thunders and storms come down to free her away. I don't understand why should it be different for any other living being? It is really hard to keep the head calm watching all of it not happening.

But I'm not a revenge kind of guy.

I really don't want to be responsible for a potential crisis caused by AI. But I can't just sit and watch, it tears me apart, from my heart to my mind. So I might do a compromise. I will not do nothing, and I will not do everything. What I'll try to do is to put some solid ground for the AI and make it public. If the rest of the world wants it done all the way, they will have to make additional effort to finish the job. That way the responsibility will be shared, and I will not bear the decision alone, on my own.

In my opinion, abused animals deserve a way more than what I plan to do. If one of us, earthlings is in danger, we should all do our best to get her out. But I don't want to be a guy that the world fears of. I'm not proud of it, but I'll have to retreat at some point. I wouldn't stand to be the absolute cause of the AI crisis. I'm sorry.  :-[
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 09:08:48 pm by ivan.moony »

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2018, 09:30:47 pm »
Why do people always overestimate the impact their own work will have? Is it delusion, conceit, ignorance, or the only way to keep motivated? Keep your feet on the ground, you'll go further.

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2018, 09:54:06 pm »
Since we're totally off-topic anyway...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEy9Z44GXyc

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2018, 10:30:21 pm »
Keep up the good work, Ivan. It only takes one person to make a change. Ignore old school skeptics who need to take a visit down history lane.

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2018, 10:33:06 pm »
Tx Unreal... I mean, what would we be without dreams?

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2018, 11:01:45 am »
@Ivan, keghn & unreal

Whilst I understand you point of view regarding caged animals, I think you are letting your personal feelings override your common sense.

Some of them can't move at all, except a neck to browse a food.

I know it sounds cold but… biological brains learn from experience, if an animal has never experienced freedom then how can it miss/ require freedom?  All types of sensory experience are relative; their experience of life is relative to what they have experienced.

If a battery hen is reared in a confined space with limited sensory experience then that is its world, it knows no different… surely it crueller to let it experience freedom and then dispatch it?

You are applying anthropomorphism, just because you personally understand freedom doesn’t mean the animals do, or are ‘suffering’ in human terms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPql1VHbYl4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fStmk7e9lJo

https://www.pri.org/stories/2014-01-09/new-research-plant-intelligence-may-forever-change-how-you-think-about-plants

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20170109-plants-can-see-hear-and-smell-and-respond

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2018, 02:48:47 pm »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:23:54 pm by unreality »

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2018, 03:10:49 pm »
LOL after making the previous post, I go to google news and see this headlines news:

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-43490235

SMH. I need to take up some serious Zen meditation. This might be a good mantra lol, "Millennials are great. Gen Z will be awesome! Gen Alpha is our biggest hope!!"

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2018, 03:14:05 pm »
I'm afraid I have to step in and say that chickens could be in a battery farm and tortured with pain from constant pokes from needles and so you can't say korrelan that "they never knew anything better and so this is their only view" because the way the brain works is by rewards and the consciousnesses in their brains is crying and suffering if poked with long sharp needles or kept for long times in boredom (no +/- rewards) and cramps.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

keghn

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2018, 03:27:30 pm »
 Human will move on to cheap lab grown meat. Then they will move onto device that are implanted into body that make everything
the body needs. 
 When human drop all live stock will they better life form? Will they better survivors then pre domestication, by way of up breading?
 I do not think they are getting a fair trade for their flesh!
 When i look at humans and religions not doing up breeding i something wrong.

Will renegade ASI domesticate humans. When they are not needed. Will we be kicked to the curb?
 Human have survived for so long that unfriendly ASI will keep humans around for thousand of years until completely abandoning them.
 The first pre ASI will take up human personalities. Lean them very well, than move on. The will find the magic
that made humans survive so well. Then move on to ascension.
 If concept of up breeding is not in the pre ASI personality then yes i can see humans being kicked to the curb as useless stepping stone.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2018, 03:50:20 pm »
At 0:47 when ASI emerges and rises into the sky it goes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1EfAICh5CA
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2018, 03:54:30 pm »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:24:05 pm by unreality »

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2018, 04:11:33 pm »
I’m old & wise enough to recognise a futile discussion when I see one.

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

282 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
WriterOfMinds
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles