• 156 Replies

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
Re: Caution to AI coders
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2018, 09:06:15 pm »
I certainly enjoy that experience with my own children Korrelan. They are extremely accomplished high achievers.

Good... at least all is not lost for humanities future...

Perhaps you're just being sarcastic and they haven't noticed yet.

I take solace where ever I can find it...

::)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2018, 09:08:02 pm »
I agree… and I’d also like to point out how humbling/ refreshing it is to experience the millennial intellect first hand… to see it in action on this very thread…

I certainly enjoy that experience with my own children Korrelan. They are extremely accomplished high achievers. I've no idea what you're referring to in this thread though, because so far I've only observed the smug blathering of underachieving corner cases who wouldn't be welcome in any generation. Perhaps you're just being sarcastic and they haven't noticed yet. Children and dogs typically don't understand sarcasm.

LOL. Please by all means provide a shred of evidence of this underachievement. Nobody's going to hold their breath, infurl. For the most part, your contribution to this forum is pretty much one liners flooded with hate, void of evidence. Why? ... Idc. Don't be surprised when people reflect back your hate.

Ug, hopefully I won't one day be a burden to younger generations in discussions, thinking I know what they're talking about when I probably won't have a clue. I'll be at 7 ply when they'll be at 12.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2018, 09:25:34 pm »
Gosh I can't leave you guys alone for a minute. Tidy up all your toys and get to your rooms.  ;D

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2018, 09:31:52 pm »
Awwww.. just five more minutes...it's only 9:30... my sister gets to stay up till 10:00... why can't I?

;D
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

OMITS

• Roomba
« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2018, 07:23:29 am »

May you please source the "huge movement a to stop AI and the Singularity"?

? Another interested to know.

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2018, 03:11:49 pm »

May you please source the "huge movement a to stop AI and the Singularity"?

? Another interested to know.

Isn't this already mentioned in the thread? People such as Ben Goertzel have received death threats for their comments on AI/AGI development. Just go on youtube and read the comments on Sophia videos. You'll begin to see how angry and fearful people are becoming each year.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2018, 07:22:00 pm »
We should celebrate the fact that the IQ is increasing with each younger generation.

Sure they are...That's why they are all in dire need of Spelling and grammar checkers.\
The age of entitlement!!

The majority of graduating seniors have difficulty locating Africa on the map, are unable to do long division or square roots by hand, can't balance a checkbook and think they're owed a high paying job!

But they can operate a touchscreen tablet with the best of them. Any 5 year old with a college degree could do that! (to paraphrase a bot).
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2018, 07:43:43 pm »
I'm not aware of any study on overall grammatical errors for each generation, but I'm sure spelling has improved a lot due to spell checkers. ;) Anyhow, I fail to see how that's an indication of IQ. *If* it's true, then perhaps it's an education issue. Increased ADHD would be a contributor. Also it might be an overall rebellion to the absurdity of "proper" grammar.

Regardless, it's a known fact that IQ has increased at an amazing rate per generation.

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #113 on: May 08, 2018, 07:54:44 pm »
BTW I'm an admirer of mobile phone texting language. Language is always in a state of change. Looks like an improvement to me. ;) Shorter, simpler, less gibberish, easier to type.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2018, 12:57:39 am »
I'm not aware of any study on overall grammatical errors for each generation, but I'm sure spelling has improved a lot due to spell checkers. ;) Anyhow, I fail to see how that's an indication of IQ. *If* it's true, then perhaps it's an education issue. Increased ADHD would be a contributor. Also it might be an overall rebellion to the absurdity of "proper" grammar.

Regardless, it's a known fact that IQ has increased at an amazing rate per generation.

You see...you said Spell Checkers have improved...Not that the kids have improved!
Younger generations who are now exposed to newer technology are not more gifted, it's just that their brains are "more modern", in keeping up with the times.

With all this garbage of Common Core educational systems failing our children with regard to basic learning skills. Testing them and giving out grades that reflect the children's real learning abilities without being graded on a curve or passing them all so none of them gets their feelings hurt to complain to their parents that their teachers are unfair to them. Rubbish!

I have lots of teacher friends who've told me that this Common Core is the very ruination of children's education and it's running rampant.

Pretty soon, sporting contests will only have Winners, because both teams participated and tried really hard!! Yay!! Trophies for everyone!!
<insert sarcasm here>
 :-\
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2018, 02:08:14 am »
Simply stated, Art, technology is forcing younger generation children to use their brains a lot more. Rather than riding their bikes, they're using computers, surfing the Internet, using technology, reading a world of information at their finger tips simply by typing on a keyboard. The Internet forces them to think. That's just an outline. One can write volumes of books on the complexities of their life relative to older generations. Even toddlers are now using computers, tablets and mobile phones. Sorry, but there's no comparison. They're using their frontal lobes a ***lot*** more. It's no surprise their IQ has significantly increased.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2018, 02:56:21 am »
It's true some of us newer generation have no real world skills/knowledge. My mom said her dad used to always be working in his old time tapes LOL.

I don't know how to skin a pig or live in the forest/jungle, or go to the bank or do anything! I'm really really specialized lol!

I can't program, make circuits....

The fathers have to make sure their children keep their abilities or we may slow down in tech advances/progress....maybe that's why 1950 was the era for progress?

Yeah I did only 20% of my grade school papers and always passed, high school too......lots of home-sick make-believe days........video games and home sweet home :P

The only things I learned after constant going to damn school was a few things they successfully drilled into us, how to write and stuff....
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2018, 04:27:24 am »
Yes, video games have come a long ways where the goal was to eat as many dots as possible. Now you have to solve problems, command a fleet, interact with thousands of other real online players, and not to mention the detailed graphics is great for the visual part of the brain and coordination.

Another example is how difficult it is for older generations to figure out technology such as a smart tv, dvd / blu-ray player, phone, and don't even mention the PC. No worries. Teens to the rescue lol.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2018, 05:13:39 am »
My grandma at 83 just started using a computer - an ipad.

But then there is the pro geeks from 1950 that worked their a$$ off with binary, telCom, circuits, and know everything, like korrelan, am I right? And infurl, I don't know how old he is but last I remember it was "old guy"...so there. There's no fine line. Chaos! Ok so I don't got time to look deeper.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2018, 06:02:51 am »
My grandma at 83 just started using a computer - an ipad.

But then there is the pro geeks from 1950 that worked their a$$ off with binary, telCom, circuits, and know everything, like korrelan, am I right? And infurl, I don't know how old he is but last I remember it was "old guy"...so there. There's no fine line. Chaos! Ok so I don't got time to look deeper.

I have no idea what your point is, but we're talking about a generation. Not 2 people. The facts are very clear. IQ is increasing at a significant rate per generation. Look at the IQ graph once again and read the thread that goes over the well know Flynn effect.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

306 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
WriterOfMinds
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 363. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles