infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
unidentified aerial phenomena
« on: March 15, 2018, 09:50:26 pm »
https://www.livescience.com/61997-pentagon-aliens-investigation.html

I'm just going to put this out there to see if it gets any traction. Over the past few months the US defence department has released a number of gun camera videos taken over the past 15 years by the most advanced technology on the market, together with expert witness accounts by fighter pilots, weapons systems officers, and naval staff with the highest levels of training and security clearance. They show unidentified aircraft that demonstrate flight characteristics far beyond the capabilities of any known technology, in some cases even defying the known laws of physics. Scientists are quick to point out that just because we don't know where this technology comes from, it does not mean that it must come from other planets or stars...

There have been hundreds of articles and videos published about this disclosure over the past few months. Feel free to Google for the rest if you aren't already aware of it.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: unidentified aerial phenomena
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 10:02:31 pm »
I like this kind of thing, but I sometimes despair over the wild conjecture that you see on TV shows. One of the first things I did when I got a PC was look up UFOs !

But yes, I had not heard of this, thanks for posting it. I read the article and see there are more linked, but it's late here so I will read more tomorrow.

One thing though, didn't it used to be a lot longer before things like this got released publicly ?

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 02:35:26 am »
In fact some of the major players have been cautioned for posting or the use of "Fake News" or Pseudo Hype meant to draw attention like many of those click-bait sites that try to draw you in then show you garbage or nonsense.

Let's hope they don't have too hard a time telling the real from a nicely faked photoshop image!  O0
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
    • Home Page
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 08:38:05 pm »
Ever since the original articles were published in December I've been searching for a credible refutation of the claims made but so far I haven't found any reason not to take them seriously. While the leaked videos don't show much by themselves, taken in conjunction with the expert testimony of numerous high ranking government and military personnel it's pretty compelling.

snopes.com is the go to website for things like this but they remain silent on the issue. There is a fairly thorough analysis and refutation of the most recently published video on metabunk.org but unfortunately it is based on a wrong assumption and fails to prove anything. I guess they were in too much of a hurry to show how smart they are. Can anyone else spot the glaring mistake in their arguments?

https://www.metabunk.org/go-fast-footage-from-tom-delonges-to-the-stars-academy-bird-balloon.t9569/

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 12:24:36 am »
Can anyone else spot the glaring mistake in their arguments?

If it has anything to do with the maths then no !

I thought the parallax thing was interesting though - and of course birds can manoeuvre unlike any known aircraft to use the usual wording.

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 11:48:56 am »
I love this kind of stuff… so what do we recon these UFO’s are?

They come from far away galaxies. Perhaps they can fold space?

They come from inside the moon, one of the planets in our solar system or from a planet/ ship with a wide orbit yet to be discovered.

A race of reptilians living inside the Earth with advanced tech… did the dinosaurs go extinct?

Inter-dimensional travellers/ observers, phasing in and out at will.

Time travellers coming back from our future.

An undiscovered natural phenomena that can induce illusions in humans.

Technology that the earth governments/ militaries are not disclosing.

They are misinterpretations of natural earth bound phenomena.

Oh! The list goes on…

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

Art

• Colossus
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 08:56:58 pm »
Ohh Waiter!!!

I'll have what he's having!!! :2funny:

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2018, 05:42:22 pm »
What do we want?... Time travel.

When do we want it?... It's irrelevant.

:D

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
    • Home Page
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2018, 11:18:52 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHwmWnY4P1w

Everyone believes what they see on Fox News, right?

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 09:51:50 pm »
So correct me if I am wrong (probably) this one was moving in a straight line with no observable exhaust at very fast speeds ?

If that's the case couldn't it be space junk falling to Earth ?

I don't really get exposed to Fox News, but I understand they are not highly rated. More like tabloid news ?

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
    • Home Page
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2018, 03:28:12 am »
So correct me if I am wrong (probably) this one was moving in a straight line with no observable exhaust at very fast speeds ?
If that's the case couldn't it be space junk falling to Earth?

Yes it was travelling low and fast near the surface of the ocean at very high speed. If you look closely at the gun camera footage which is recorded in the infrared spectrum, it's apparent that the object is colder than the ocean below it, so that (and the trajectory) rules out space junk. It looked very similar to the kinds of objects that many different pilots and radar operators had seen before, often performing seemingly impossible maneuvers.

I don't really get exposed to Fox News, but I understand they are not highly rated. More like tabloid news ?

That's correct, Fox News is closely allied with the alt-right and the kinds of Americans that the civilised world likes to mock. However I used that clip because it was very recent and as far as I could ascertain, it didn't actually contain any factual errors. There are many others from reputable news services such as this one from CNN a few months ago about a different incident involving one of these strange craft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1THwiaXZfzA

If you feel like searching for more, look for interviews with Luis Elizondo and David Fravor. Mr Elizondo is the US Defence Dept official who started this whole disclosure business, and Cmdr Fravor is one of the pilots who has encountered these things in the air.

There's actually a pretty good wikipedia article about it too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Nimitz_UFO_incident

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
    • Home Page
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2020, 12:47:52 am »
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/27/politics/pentagon-ufo-videos/index.html

So, for the last couple of years I've been waiting for someone to refute these claims but the opposite has been happening. Last year the US Department of Defence admitted publicly that the videos were genuine and also instigated a program to encourage and formalize the process of reporting such incidents. Now they have officially released the original videos so we can verify that they haven't been tampered with.

The Navy previously acknowledged the veracity of the videos in September of last year. They are officially releasing them now, "in order to clear up any misconceptions by the public on whether or not the footage that has been circulating was real, or whether or not there is more to the videos," according to Pentagon spokesperson Sue Gough.

Luis Elizondo, the former head of the classified program, told CNN in 2017 that he personally believes "there is very compelling evidence that we may not be alone."

"These aircraft -- we'll call them aircraft -- are displaying characteristics that are not currently within the US inventory nor in any foreign inventory that we are aware of," Elizondo said of objects they researched.

Reid tweeted Monday that he was "glad" the Pentagon officially released the videos, but that "it only scratches the surface of research and materials available. The U.S. needs to take a serious, scientific look at this and any potential national security implications."

Someone or something has technology that is so much more advanced than anything we can conceive that if it were hostile, they could end us.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2020, 01:11:27 am »
So what can the do? Fly fast and change direction fast? What else?

Changing direction fast is possible if no one mushy were in it :)
A key trend in my research is induction, too much change too fast causes electricity to be generated in a wire from a magnet, and causes crushed victims in cars too. If we could control it, we could improve slowing ageing in Cryonics and Accelonics which plays with motion (heat) in your body.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

Art

• Colossus
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2020, 04:53:17 am »
One 'G' is the force of gravity at sea level. Excessive G's can happen with the blood rushes from the brain toward the feet in a vertical thrust. Not so extreme with a sideways thrust but passing out can still happen.

Due to their intense training, fighter pilots routinely exceed 4, 5, or more G's during their practice runs and missions.

Many years ago, one man, in a test rocket sled, went 46.2 G's and survived. Check out John Stapp and US Air Force in 1954. He (and it) went 632 mph in 5 seconds, then came to a stop in just over one second!!
The G forces had to be incredible!

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/article/gravity-forces/

It seems almost inconceivable to me that a being onboard a spacecraft that can change direction in less than a second would be anything we humans might consider "normal". The craft alone would be trying to tear itself apart by exercising such maneuvers let alone the fate of any passenger or pilot.

They would have to have some very special propulsion methods and some extremely advanced protective equipment for the pilot of such a craft like highly pressurized suits or containment chairs.

While I'm not saying such crafts do not exist, perhaps some of them are autonomous crafts. Obviously, the ones crashing are operated by beings, likely distracted while arguing about having missed a turn at Rigel 5! ;)

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • YouTube
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2020, 04:47:34 pm »
They use an electrostatic field to negate air friction and gravity in the same way a cavitation torpedo negates water friction.  The small aerials/ protrusions are outside the field and although still subject to air friction, their discharge is used as directed ionized propulsion…

or fairy dust… both are valid.

:)

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

269 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles