infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
Re: When did you start learning AI?
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2018, 11:49:56 am »
to do with.....AGI?

Don't be so thick Mr Lock. It's a scam, pure and simple.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2018, 02:32:52 pm »
Oh. I stil read the top and tried extracting anyhow.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

spydaz

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Developing Conversational AI (Natural Language/ML)
    • Spydaz_Web
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2018, 04:37:18 pm »
Very well. If I've ignored it in the past, I will have had my reasons, and your reluctance is then understandable.

You've been working as hard as anybody and I have no doubt that they were good reasons if you didn't have time to pay attention then. I don't mean to be an ass about it now either. I figure that if I make you go and look harder there's a strong chance you'll find something else that I missed. Then we can share and we'll both be better off. But trust me, there is some extremely advanced dialog research out there and it's ongoing and published in full by the people concerned.

Problem is I am actually well read! i have looked at most research and research is no issue for me; Reading papers and understanding the ideas presented even.. reproducing results... One thing is With experience Its very easy to discount research as being valid or valid to your project or even your discipline. This actually comes with time... there is not much to be excited for new developments ! simple! The ideas being currently presented are actually old ;

As you mention sir! that ways years ago and that technology is probably moot by now.

Reality: There are no real Achievements t this particular time; I believe locksuit mentioned some work being done with neural networks and googles deep mind.... That's not new...achievements its "News"...The new and exciting bag of words / word to vectors / etc.... this is not new... its new to the public and even new to academics but not new to the internet. as it also builds on other work....
Again Problem : when you have investigated for as long as we have its hard for new things to get through without us seeing it real quick. there are many forums(think tanks) being visited and obviously i'm in them all search for me; obviously for many years;
I have seen Don Patrick there probably since 1999......

the internet and new information sparked the imagination;  as with all new developments but not all that glitters is gold. not everything is in the inter-webs!....neither the dark-web just for underworlds ....

I have noticed that books nowadays are getting expensive; those books with actual knowledge in , and even hard to find! Obviously Not everything is on Amazon! this is why often research takes you on journeys to other countries to speak to people actually pioneering this knowledge in universities or Communities of programmers / Thinkers with like minds... at events such as AI symposiums etc... Meeting with data scientist from Ethnic Countries; you will find that India also have a very high standard to Computing / N.L.P / Engineering....(not everything is in America/UK/CHINA)....

Not everybody has the same levels of exposure to knowledge or abilities in research; or capabilities!

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2018, 05:21:50 pm »
I find there is so much good information online in English that 1) I'm loaded with work and 2) you can easily get closer if you have your own knowledgebase - you don't "just gotta learn chinese" to see what the asians know.

Up to where I am there is still a small field there too, yeah in English language cus I read it on wiki. But I have some new things to add to NLP. So yeah you can go deep if you look in your native language...using Google/this forum/etc.

spydaz

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Developing Conversational AI (Natural Language/ML)
    • Spydaz_Web
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2018, 09:42:08 am »
I find there is so much good information online in English that 1) I'm loaded with work and 2) you can easily get closer if you have your own knowledgebase - you don't "just gotta learn chinese" to see what the asians know.

Up to where I am there is still a small field there too, yeah in English language cus I read it on wiki. But I have some new things to add to NLP. So yeah you can go deep if you look in your native language...using Google/this forum/etc.

YES:
ts important to have a good knowledge base. i would say that usually Each country has access to the same set of information. yet their perceptions, and implementation can be different. these differences are where discovery and progress is made. When living in a close minded western society  its hard to think outside the box, even discouraged. this is why my search parameters are much wider. 

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • TV News. Pub. UAL (PhD). Robitron Mod. LPC Judge.
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2018, 09:25:57 pm »
"I guess it was all going over your heads." said infurl.

This reminds me to mention that I got what you suggested.

Yet, at that particular moment, I wanted a contraction that mimicked expansion.

Do you understand?   I sincerely appreciate your precious suggestions.

infurl, I am trying to create an approach to build a smaller A.I.
My Very Enormous Monster Just Stopped Using Nine

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2018, 09:38:39 pm »
"I guess it was all going over your heads." said infurl.

Hi 8pla.net, I was referring to discussions that took place many years ago, and not necessarily on this forum. It's tiresome when folks ignore the real and valuable work that is being done by qualified researchers, pretending it doesn't exist, and instead rave on about stupid ideas that are pure fantasy and have no foundation in reality. Why? Probably because it's easier. They can pretend that their lack of a formal education doesn't matter.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2018, 10:06:17 pm »
At 13 I was in a big fantasy over building a photon atom replicator manipulator god. Right up till about 18 years old.

At 20 I was drawing stupid animations of "I got AI down pat".

Now, 22, well, I have always had real discoveries from before, and even more now, but look - I am not only on AI and here to stay but also know all the terminologies now and am cracking the puzzle and am going to learn more of the real Deep Learning out there. It's actually exponential I'd say. My progress is getting better.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

337 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 396. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles