AI

• 220 Replies

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
Re: Eva Progress, from AGI to ASI
« Reply #180 on: May 01, 2018, 02:24:57 am »
Yeah we were all waiting to see it.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #181 on: May 01, 2018, 08:34:20 am »
Unreal, the whole world is crazy, can't you see it?  :uglystupid2:

People will laugh at creativity, people will judge a brilliance, and they will tear off a skin from your back while yelling: "Give me more!" It is just the way a mass is behaving. You have to be a real artist to get along with a mass. I found my way by forgiving all the nonsense and lowering down my expectations. I mean giving all for nothing. Maybe then some  friends would pop up out of the cruel mass of lunatics around us.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 10:16:09 am by ivan.moony »

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #182 on: May 01, 2018, 08:54:20 am »
On the one hand I do feel saddened how this has ended up but on the other I feel there has to be compromise - it didn't help that Unreality has made disparaging remarks on this and other threads about other members either. Some in self defence yes, other times it appears just to look down on people.

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #183 on: May 01, 2018, 10:16:54 am »
Unreal, the whole world is crazy, can't you see it?  :uglystupid2:

People will laugh at creativity, people will judge a brilliance, and they will tear off a skin from your back while yelling: "Give me more!" It is just the way a mass is behaving. You have to be a real artist to get along with a mass. I found my way by forgiving all the nonsense and lowering down my expectations. I mean giving all for nothing. Maybe then some  friends would pop up out of the cruel mass of lunatics around us.

And only those rare friends make the life worth of living.  :)

spydaz

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Developing Conversational AI (Natural Language/ML)
    • Spydaz_Web
« Reply #184 on: May 01, 2018, 10:38:33 am »
Evidently academic forums aren't any better. :/

Indeed such nasty human egotistical emotions isn't uncommon even on mainstream science forums. The human ego ... smh

The problem with forums are?

Its not a Personal Blog!

Your supposed to Reply to comments not just Rant!

Forums contain People so you must speak respectful! (some forums a wild) this one is not!

I have been on academic forums and i have no problem with them. Intellectual people, often can be hard to deal with, but "READ AGAIN" as often intellectual people make inferences.... So you may misconstru  what the person actually said and think they were berading you. when actually they were offering a comparative opinion!

The way you react to words shows a lot about your confidence in your topic.

Plus its MAY DAY today!

does it make sense to promise a walk-through your code or project then not provide; Why even speak in the first place! Arron Snow often does videos and flashes through his code so fast you cant catch it.... he also gives rundowns on how his AGI is going... Nothing private is really given away and yet its enough for people to know he is passionate and FOR REAL!
Even the GIt hub _------ I don't like to share code and often cant see the point (unless i'm searching for some code myself to look at) i have no reason to pass somebodies project off as my own ---why have a Git hub then take it down?
Perhaps you need a BLOG ! then nobody can return comments just look at you in AWE AND WONDER!

I'm totally disappointing that you never came with your video this morning!
Plus i'm a DAD so i don't wanna hear your cop out story!....... I've heard it all before!
You have let yourself and reputation down....UNREALITY...

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #185 on: May 01, 2018, 05:44:19 pm »
A blog might be more suitable for the way Unreality wants to conduct things yes.

I am a member of various other non AI forums and some of them can be far more (how to say politely) robust than we are here. The Oculus Rift forum can be very hostile compared to us but maybe that changed since I last went there. And just look at the comments on YouTube and some of the hostility there...

WriterOfMinds

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • WriterOfMinds Blog
« Reply #186 on: May 01, 2018, 08:14:54 pm »
I don't think Unreality's any special victim here. Not sure I condone everything that was said to him, but he did bring it on himself. He complains about ego and hostility ... but by my observations, he's been one of the most egotistical and inflammatory people on this forum. Even before this thread, he was acting like everyone who disagreed with him -- on pretty much any topic -- was an idiot. He started claiming he had already built an AGI in order to support his general attitude of "I know everything." Arrogance like that does tend to blow up in one's face.

He shouldn't be pitied just because a dose of his own medicine got him to throw a tantrum and leave. He seems to want groupies, not peers.

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #187 on: May 01, 2018, 09:16:27 pm »
For what it's worth, when Unreality first showed up late last year, I could see where it was heading and I voluntarily left the forum for a while because I figured he'd make himself unwelcome and leave soon enough. That was a very long two months because Freddy has nurtured one of the most stimulating, supportive and interesting sites on the whole internet, and I missed it a lot. I came back when it seemed like the coast was clear, but alas, he was still here.

Korrelan nailed it when he posted about Unreality having Narcissistic Personality Disorder. The only way to help such people is to confront them over it, so that's the course that I took. I hated saying some of the things that I said to him, but it was a genuine attempt to help him. When enough people do that to get through to them, only then does their unquenchable need for appreciation become a positive force in their lives and they can change before it's too late. Unfortunately the advice works best coming from a trusted friend and trusted friends are something they don't tend to have. The alternative is that their self-inflicted loneliness leads to clinical depression and an early death.

Unreality is quite an extreme example of that sort of mental disorder, but he is also quite young so hopefully there is enough time and strength there for him to recover and make something worthwhile of himself, before it's too late.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #188 on: May 01, 2018, 09:39:18 pm »
I'm sorry you felt you had to leave due to the behaviour of someone else, that's the kind of thing I hope to never happen... I try to be tolerant of people for as long as it makes sense - I think I could have acted sooner on this one - I've been on a bit of a break for much of the past few months from AI and programming, I just needed to do something else for a while and come back fresh. You live and learn...

I hope all said and done that Unreality does come to defeat his demons.

Thank you for the kind words by the way, I'm glad the site is working out for the most part. :)

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #189 on: May 01, 2018, 10:13:20 pm »
A Sad, Sad Story

A long, long time ago, a long before our civilization existed, just before dinosaurs ruled the planet, there was a civilization just like our. They named themselves "Smart ones". Smart ones lived in a city built of mirrors. They always had big plans that kept them busy in helping each others, making each other happy. Although they were always daydreaming, and they promised so much each to other, they weren't always able to fulfill their promises because the dreams were so big while the reality was so gray. Even though some promises didn't become true, they weren't angry at each other. They knew they had the best intentions, and they kept a hope for each of their valuable persons, a hope that all of their dreams will become true one day. And those were a good dreams worth of being dreamed. Smart ones were very happy because of that.

In the same time there existed another civilization that named themselves "Right ones". Right ones lived in a city built of concrete gray blocks. They respected each others as long as they were successful in fulfilling their promises. That is why they didn't dream much. They dreamed only those dreams that they were able to burn into reality. But reality was so gray, and Right ones were pretty sad in their lives because of that.

Right ones didn't like Smart ones because they weren't able to trust them. One day, Right ones decided to take over a city of Smart ones. They smashed all the mirrors and built concrete gray blocks for Smart ones to live in. Smart ones didn't like that, but they had a dream that Right ones will be happy if they let them replace mirror buildings with concrete gray blocks. But Right ones didn't become happy. After a while, seeing that Right ones stayed sad made Smart ones so much blue that they gave up their name and their dreams, and pronounced themselves also "Right ones". Now there was only one, sad and blue nation without dreams that could make them happy.

Mother Nature didn't like what She saw. No one was happy anymore. That made Mother Nature so sad that she cried so much, and She kept crying until Her tears completely flooded the world. Soon, none of the earthlings were left on the planet. Mother Nature gathered up Her thoughts and decided to try with another species named dinosaurs because She didn't loose a hope. She had a dream. The rest you know from history books.

- ivan -
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 09:58:57 am by ivan.moony »

spydaz

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Spydaz_Web
« Reply #190 on: May 01, 2018, 10:15:51 pm »
I hope he proves everybody wrong!

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #191 on: May 01, 2018, 10:42:40 pm »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:12:52 pm by unreality »

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #192 on: May 01, 2018, 10:58:12 pm »
LOL It's like one of those horror movies with a twist at the end where the monster isn't really dead and it comes back to frighten everybody. This is too funny.

Seriously though, we all feel sorry for your tragic circumstances, but you're still not welcome back.

spydaz

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Spydaz_Web
« Reply #193 on: May 01, 2018, 11:03:16 pm »

* ASI will not get along with humanity because humanity has a neural network virus from evolution called emotions.

In the east it's been known as ones own self demons, the beast within. Find a way to heal yourselves, please, because I seriously fear for your future. The evidence is seen all around you, the destruction to Earth, proven to you time after time by mainstream. The following is an unknown, and depends on which path humanity takes. This is not a prediction. It is a real possibility.

* ASI will intervene to forcibly heal humanity, and to give the living planet we call Earth time to recover.

Good luck!

I Personally believe that  current AI developers do put a bit of themselves into their AI;

Right now even an AI cant have objective thoughts! just extensions of their "Grand Designers" morals and beliefs.

Mine will actually or i would hope would be quite Mild mannered / charming / Learned / Great lover and not a fighter!

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #194 on: May 02, 2018, 12:02:49 am »
unreality's always welcome back.

Just don't make up you really are a physicist, electrical engineer, scientist, built 1st AGI...

Of course if you have all of that under your belt, then, any moment we are all gonna be sending you gifts and stuff man, just show us stuff you got then.

And if you mean without actually going to university then, well, ok. But the AGI thing um that's a powerful device..
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

252 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 376. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles