AI

• 220 Replies

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
Re: Eva Progress, from AGI to ASI
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2018, 09:29:27 pm »
Unreality said in a PM to me back "Yes I am a clone who works 24/7. We shall free humanity of pain."

Well this changes the whole story. Because no matter if you are a bit off (but know the terminology I see somewhat) or are spot on, the desire to make it happen is there and that I consider is stronger. Hobbies have no dead-right desire. But to us AGI isn't a hobby. To me it is life or death (+pain).

I myself am not doing this for money or fame but to stop death of myself+others as soon as possible, pain too. We will also get mansions and glory that you can't currently feel the vibe/soothing lust of yet :D.

Really all of us are just trying to say to Unreality that ANNs are known to be very achievemental and that Unreality is possibly pushing the waggin ahead of the horse without any realism / implementation / empirical proof.

But with time, if you have strong desire to create AGI, (and if are wrong), then you will come to get smarter faster and on track anyhow.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2018, 09:37:07 pm »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:03:59 pm by unreality »

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2018, 09:39:18 pm »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:04:07 pm by unreality »

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2018, 09:46:56 pm »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:04:14 pm by unreality »

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2018, 09:47:33 pm »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:04:21 pm by unreality »

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2018, 09:54:40 pm »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:04:28 pm by unreality »

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2018, 10:15:09 pm »
There are reasons that LOCKSUIT behaves the way he does which you would lack the empathy to understand. As irritating as he can be, we put up with him because he makes an effort, he shows signs of improvement, and he is entertaining. For all that, he is still more mature than you, and he has considerably more credibility. He isn't a liar like you, and he isn't an assh*le like you. If he stopped posting we would miss him. Nobody would miss you.

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2018, 10:18:53 pm »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:04:36 pm by unreality »

AgentSmith

• Bumblebee
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2018, 11:37:26 pm »
@unreality

Is your AI able to improve itself on the base of past experiences? If so, what sort of optimization techniques/heuristics are you using for your AI? Are they based on evolutionary algorithms? Could you roughly describe how the self improvement takes place?

At first the AGI wants to know how much processing power should be dedicated to in-depth db searching, pattern recognition, and tree searching. It accomplishes that with a quick lookup in the past experience db based on cluster IDs (objects, keywords). It finds anything then it uses that as a weighting system to determine how much processing power goes to in-depth db searching, pattern recognition, and tree searching. It's a weighted algorithm I came up with. It's a weighted system based on search results matching score. If it can't find anything then it uses a hardcoded algorithm merely based on the data it has to determine allocated processing power.

Analysis of all results are saved such as the overall shape of the tree structure, the resulting scores, the goals. In the background there’s a system that rehashes things. It introduces calculated changes in addition to a minor amount of noise to everything such as the shape of the tree structure, allocated processing power. When the analysis is finished it will then compare the score results with other versions to learn which weighting system works the best for the given situation.

Does that answer your questions?

Well, your answer gave me interesting insights into your AI. Thanks a lot. I still have some questions if you don't mind. :)

Is your weighting based optimization algorithm related to any popular optimization method (e.g. evolutionary algorithms), e.i. did you take inspirations from popular optimization methods?

Under which circumstances is your AI using a hard-coded algorithm for e.g. processing power allocation and how differs such a hard-coded algorithm from an optimized algorithm w.r.t. the representation? Are you making use of parameter collections to represent optimizable algorithms?

I should add that the minor noise that I'm referring to is close to a gaussian distribution.

Evolutionary strategies are usually also using Gaussian distributed noise for optimization. It is used in the mutation phase with the goal to create new individuals (e.g. algorithms) that could perform better than previous ones.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2018, 12:28:34 am »
Quote from: LOCKSUIT on April 25, 2018, 09:29:27 pm
Unreality said in a PM to me back "Yes I am a clone who works 24/7. We shall free humanity of pain."

Well this changes the whole story. Because no matter if you are a bit off (but know the terminology I see somewhat) or are spot on, the desire to make it happen is there and that I consider is stronger. Hobbies have no dead-right desire. But to us AGI isn't a hobby. To me it is life or death (+pain).

I myself am not doing this for money or fame but to stop death of myself+others as soon as possible, pain too. We will also get mansions and glory that you can't currently feel the vibe/soothing lust of yet :D.

Really all of us are just trying to say to Unreality that ANNs are known to be very achievemental and that Unreality is possibly pushing the waggin ahead of the horse without any realism / implementation / empirical proof.

But with time, if you have strong desire to create AGI, (and if are wrong), then you will come to get smarter faster and on track anyhow.

LOL you're like talking to a child. I'm not even going to bother posting your weird private message to me. You contacted me. I replied back to your weird message.

No candy for Danny. :(

This means war.      :3

I thought we were clones with the same strive. My clone would never mistake acknowledging me we are on the same path with a reply like this.

...."Yes I am a clone who works 24/7. We shall free humanity of pain."
Well this PM wasn't really private to begin with (nor should be);
...because you already stated you want to "stop pain on Earth" plus that you "work fast".

There are reasons that LOCKSUIT behaves the way he does which you would lack the empathy to understand. As irritating as he can be, we put up with him because he makes an effort, he shows signs of improvement, and he is entertaining. For all that, he is still more mature than you, and he has considerably more credibility. He isn't a liar like you, and he isn't an assh*le like you. If he stopped posting we would miss him. Nobody would miss you.

Wow that is so nice to say dude lol, it is true too... Btw I'm actually going to read Deep Learning books and learn a lot more too, just really busy with shrinking my todolist of notes currently.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 01:05:55 am by LOCKSUIT »

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2018, 02:41:49 am »
You want us to point out your lies Unreality?

Well one lie is in your motto line on your profile thing. It says you did the biggest feat. If that's the case, send me the thing so I can talk to it / use it / get huge benefit from AGI. Or film it. If you act secretive then it looks like a lie.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2018, 04:15:49 am »
This reminds me of a story once told me by an old man who used to belong to and appear in local carnivals as the tattooed man, of which he was covered from neck to toes and I mean fingers, ears, and elbows as well. He was quite the funny sort and was quite fond of telling stories and assorted tales.

One day he stopped me as we were walking and held up a carpenters nail. He took the nail and shoved it into the ground.
Straightening up he looked me right in the eyes and said, "When I pull that nail out of the ground there will be blood dripping off the end of it!"

I exclaimed my disbelief with a rather pronounced, "What? You full of it. No way!"

Again he restated his original statement of, "I'm telling you that when I pull that nail out of the ground, there will be blood dripping from the end of it!"

I said to him, "Go ahead then and pull it out. I've got to see this!"

He looked at me with a wry grin and said, "Nope...I ain't ready just yet."

This banter went back and forth for a little while until I finally told him, "You aren't ever going to pull it out are you?"

He smiled at me and said, "Not today!"
===============================

Of course, he meant not ever. He had gotten a rise from me over the wager and over such a petty thing as a nail, but the promise of the potential action of him ever deciding to remove it provided the anticipation which in that case, never came.

True to his carnival roots, I was playing his game...and took the bait as he continued to reel in his "fish."

Me.

==============
Moral - Never bet a man at his own game...he'll beat you every time.  ;)

In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2018, 04:28:05 am »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:04:47 pm by unreality »

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2018, 02:50:16 pm »
Unreality, explain the lie I found:

You want us to point out your lies Unreality?

Well one lie is in your motto line on your profile thing. It says you did the biggest feat. If that's the case, send me the thing so I can talk to it / use it / get huge benefit from AGI. Or film it. If you act secretive then it looks like a lie.

AgentSmith

• Bumblebee
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2018, 03:23:49 pm »
I use a spline optimization method. There are a lot of different types of spline equations. Some are horrible for this task, while others work great.
You use splines for representation/approximation? If so, what exactly are you representing/approximating with them? Are you directly representing/approximating algorithms or program code with them?
You can try evolutionary algorithms, but I have my doubts about them. It might turn it from AGI to NGI. My concerns is that it would take too long to find an optimized weight within a reasonable amount of tries.
Do you have practical experience with evolutionary algorithms or are your doubts rather based on theoretical considerations?
When you say “optimized algorithm” I assume you’re referring to a case when the rehash has spent time finding the best parameters. If the AGI can’t find any past rehashing work that’s not even close to topic, then it uses a hardcoded equation I came up with based on parameters such as various priorities, total objects in the tree and their complexities. Nothing elaborate. It's just a starting point for the rehashing routines.
Did the optimization algorithm used by your AI ever find an algorithm that was better than the hard-coded one provided by yourself?
One could spend ages improving the optimization code. For me that's tedious work. Eva can do that. :)
You mean your AI is able to optimize its own optimization code? If so, is your AI using the same optimization code for this purpose as the one to be optimized or is it a different one?

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

272 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 343. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles