Re: Eva Progress, from AGI to ASI
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2018, 06:40:36 pm »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:05:05 pm by unreality »

AgentSmith

• Bumblebee
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2018, 07:11:55 pm »
When it has enough score points it uses a spline equation to predict the optimum parameter value.

How exactly is this done? What function are you trying to approximate with the spline equation? Does it map a parameter value to a score guess?

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2018, 08:06:39 pm »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:05:15 pm by unreality »

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2018, 08:44:01 pm »
Wow this kid knows so many big words it's getting absurdly strange now.

Still a liar because his profile says "Built world's 1st AGI" yet he can't show/film ANYTHING it can do nor send us the working code or etc. He has no AGI. Big liar.

Until he shows us his "built and working" coded AGI, ignore him. He's stating he has a powerful algorithm right now.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

AgentSmith

• Bumblebee
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2018, 10:02:01 pm »
The spline equation itself in the AGI is used to predict the optimum value for a parameter. If the problem is relatively linear, then you don't need to use a spline. A lot of times the AGI doesn't need the spline. In physics, a relatively linear example problem would be gravity on Earth's surface. If we place ten times as many objects on a scale, then the weight should increase by ten times. Five objects should be 5 times heavier. An example of a non-linear problem is the B-field in a particular ferrite magnetic core. As the applied H-field is increased, the core might be approaching saturation. A BH-curve could use a spline equation if it has at least 3 data points. Does that seem clear enough?

Actually this still does not tell me how you estimate the optimal parameter value with splines. A spline itself is not an optimum.

The AGI could use the spline to determine the optimum ply depth relative to processing power. If we were to graph this, ply would be the horizontal component and some predetermined algorithm would be the amplitude. A simple example of a predetermined amplitude equation would be score / time. The score might be high for ply 18, but it might take far too long. This is an example of a non-linear problem that a spline algorithm can solve.

That gives us 3 data points:
Ply=6, score=s1 / time=t1
Ply=12, score=s2 / time=t2
Ply=18, score=s3 / time=t3

I hope that wasn't too much detail.

So, in this example you are looking for the ply (what does this mean btw? :)) for which the score divided by the time has the optimal value. And the given dataset comprises 3 data points. Is this right?
Again, how can splines help to solve this optimization problem?

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2018, 10:50:34 pm »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:05:28 pm by unreality »

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2018, 11:12:10 pm »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:05:35 pm by unreality »

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2018, 12:04:30 am »
I'm finding this interesting. I've yet to pull what you have explained of your system into something as a whole though. But that's probably just me.

I've never been very good at maths, but I can see what you mean about how the spline can be used to work out values on a graph though.

Taking your example with 4 data points - what do these data points relate to more precisely ? What do they represent ? Sorry if I have missed any explanation of that so far.

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2018, 02:02:10 am »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:05:42 pm by unreality »

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2018, 02:37:51 am »
Locksuit, et. al.,

In all fairness, this "kid" to whom you refer might be as much as twice your 22-1/2 years or possibly even an 11-year-old prodigy. There is certainly no requirement that every statement or tagline be backed by some evidence of validation or truth.

If I had anything close to an AGI or ASI I would have to be a few cards short of a full deck to give or show my hard-earned code to anyone, especially a public forum.

While I could certainly understand showcasing a few graphical examples there is no mandate that I do so, if not inclined.

Instead of biting at the cage, simply give this person a chance to get his system together before casting unanimous doubt, even though his tagline specifically states that he has already created said ASI.

Patience my friend... O0
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2018, 03:11:54 am »
In all fairness, this "kid" to whom you refer might be as much as twice your 22-1/2 years or possibly even an 11-year-old prodigy.

If on the one hand, he's physically mature, then he has developmental problems that deserve our pity and we should encourage him to get help. If on the other hand, he's an 11-year-old prodigy, he would not be posting here. There are precedents for 11-year-old prodigies. Stephen Wolfram had Ph.D's in Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science by the age of 16. Compare his career and behaviour with this one's.

As moderator I know it's your job to be fair and impartial. But honestly, compare the behaviour that you've seen here to all the others that have behaved this way and ask yourself what is the most likely explanation. Do you really have time for this?

If I had anything close to an AGI or ASI I would have to be a few cards short of a full deck to give or show my hard-earned code to anyone, especially a public forum.

True, that would be nearly as stupid as bragging about something that you weren't willing or able to prove, but that certain parties reading this forum anonymously wouldn't hesitate to kill for (komrades!). The fact that he's still here posting garbage is proof enough that he's been posting garbage all along because nobody has killed him and stolen his work yet. Now if he were to suddenly stop posting, that would be significant.

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2018, 03:52:25 am »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:05:50 pm by unreality »

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2018, 01:53:11 pm »
Wow this is even more crazy today.

I'm going to ask Unreality a slightly different question.

---If you're profile says you built the world's 1st AGI, then does that mean it's a working/functional AGI algorithm?
---Does it mean you have a working-&-powerful algorithm in your house? Or is it cheesy/weak?

(Since you say you have a powerful thing as AGI built by your own brains - you can't be scared of saying "yes it's working & powerful.")
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2018, 05:53:47 pm »
[Deleted]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:05:57 pm by unreality »

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

289 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
Freddy
[Administrator]

Most Online Today: 376. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles