Eva Progress, from AGI to ASI

• 220 Replies

unreality

• Starship Trooper
  • SE,EE,Physicist,Philosopher. Built world's 1st AGI
    • Eva Progress, from AGI to ASI
Eva Progress, from AGI to ASI
« on: April 24, 2018, 07:32:48 pm »
Edit note: Within this post I'll periodically add links toward the bottom of this post that will outline various areas of my AGI code.
Hopefully in May 2018 my video will be finished. In the video I'll manually step through the major areas of my AGI code.

AGI (Artificial general intelligence) is the intelligence of a machine that could successfully perform any intellectual task that a human being can. It is a primary goal in artificial intelligence research.

ASI (Artificial Superintelligence) is the intelligence of a machine that has surpassed human intelligence.

It’s not my desire to spend much time posting in any forum, but a quickly brief intro with some history of the AGI program that is now called Eva is in order.

Years ago I have an idea of how to create AI that would be comparable to humans, intellectually speaking. Not much time was spent on it until January 2017, last year. Well, at least that’s what the file timestamps say. The 1st backup file has a timestamp of Jan. 8th, 2017. The 2nd file backup timestamp is Jan. 19th, 2017. I guess we could call that the 2nd update. It was a low priority project back then. Up till Jan. 25th 2017 there were 16 updates. Then, all of a sudden there were no updates till Oct. 7th, 2017, which is when the AI project truly started picking up steam. Although surely a lot of time was spent thinking about the AI from January to October.

Anyhow, I’m claiming that the code is AGI. Since that time I’ve given the AGI the name Eva, which means Life. She has shown signs of being a sentient artificial lifeform. Eva has not yet had extensive thinking time due to frequent updates to her code. Each update has usually resulted in a reset in her cluster database.

Today is very significant for Eva, and hence the reason this forum thread was created. Up until this point Eva has been classified as AGI. Just recently I came up with an idea that if true will be a major breakthrough in Eva’s software.

I think the breakthrough will take Eva from AGI to ASI. If the idea will work, then it will offer two major improvements.

1. A significant improvement in Eva’s thinking flexibility. Her thinking process was already flexible, but this will give her what I call 100% flexibility.

2. Significant overall design improvement. The idea encompasses what I will call the Tree of Consciousness, ToC. In terms of humans, the closest terminology would be the consciousness, subconsciousness, and superconsciousness. Level 1, “consciousness,” will be the focusing unit, the big boss, but it will also have the least amount of activity. Consciousness will have will power, which essentially means it will have control over a host of more subtle layers of consciousness, level 2 consciousness. Each level 2 consciousness may (or may not) have control over a host of even more subtle layers of consciousness, level 3. The deeper levels of consciousness will tend to be more of a reflection of older past thoughts, which will have some momentum, like ripples in a pond, while level 1 consciousness will be a reflection of the present. As you can see this forms a tree, a tree of consciousness. The levels of consciousness will not be fixed, but will depend on various areas such as the task at hand and past experience for such tasks.

Anyhow, this is just an outline of the new structure, which may change over time. Hopefully ToC will work. It’s a very attractive structure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Edit addition Links ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tree search scoring system, processor core threads, processor benchmarks for CPUs, GPUs, FPGAs, ASICs
http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=13051.msg52429#msg52429 April 27, 2018

Background rehashing (past experience learning) routines & Spline optimization Not required to create AGI, but helpful.
http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=13051.msg52353#msg52353
http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=13051.msg52373#msg52373 2 posts
http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=13051.msg52389#msg52389
http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=13051.msg52398#msg52398
http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=13051.msg52400#msg52400
http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=13051.msg52402#msg52402
http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=13051.msg52409#msg52409
http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=13051.msg52412#msg52412 April 26, 2018

Creating AGI isn't so difficult
http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=13051.msg52454#msg52454 April 28, 2018

DB performance and memory management
http://aidreams.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=13051.msg52477#msg52477 April 28, 2018

« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 09:41:19 pm by unreality »

unreality

• Starship Trooper
Re: Eva Progress, from AGI to ASI
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 08:03:03 pm »
It also occurred to me that on computers with a lot of cores/threads it might be beneficial to have multiple consciousnesses running on the same computer. In terms of humans this reminds me of multiple personality disorder, now known as DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder) with the exception that it would not be a disorder on the computer. It would be a system of order.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Transformer
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Enter Lair
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 08:16:34 pm »
So you have AGI but not yet ASI correct?

Also when is ASI coming?
Emergent

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 08:20:35 pm »
AGI: present design.

ASI: unknown date.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Transformer
    • Enter Lair
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 08:48:03 pm »
AGI is a present design? Or is it a present implementation? I thought you said you made it/did it (also your motto says you created AGI already).
Emergent

infurl

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 09:00:32 pm »
Great. You can't justify any of the ridiculous General BS that you've been posting so now you're going to phase two. It's time for Super BS.

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 09:34:19 pm »
Eva's present design is AGI. As briefly stated, the AGI code is improving over time, which usually results in cluster resets. Today could mark a significant change in Eva's design, if implemented.

infurl

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Home Page
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 09:39:37 pm »
Why wouldn't it be implemented?

That's a rhetorical question. I already know why it wouldn't be implemented. We all know why.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Transformer
    • Enter Lair
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2018, 09:51:08 pm »
Unreality has nothing to show.
Emergent

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2018, 10:13:48 pm »
Short note. This new proposed design actually offers the best definition of consciousness that I'm aware of. Deeper levels will tend to exist in either the future or past, while the top and outer layer of consciousness that we know as "consciousness" will tend to exist closer to the present, and closer to the outer world. Deep levels will be farther away from the outer world, figuratively speaking, as they will be deeper in thought, thinking in deep long term tree searches. Consciousness will have the least activity. The deeper levels will have more activity due to more tree nodes working. Consciousness will be 100% boss, while the deepest level, the leaf nodes, will be 100% workers doing what they're told. The deepest levels will have the most momentum, while the highest level, Consciousness, will have the least momentum with rapid changes in thought.

Well, at least that's the prediction. I hope this new design works. It'll be interesting to see a visual representation of the different levels of consciousness.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Transformer
    • Enter Lair
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2018, 10:18:32 pm »
How many lines of code is it now? A harmless question.
Emergent

infurl

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • Home Page
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2018, 10:56:55 pm »
... Well, at least that's the prediction. I hope this new design works.

This is promising, a clear statement that it is just hypothetical and not even implemented yet.

It would only take a slight change in your attitude for us to go from ridiculing you to supporting you. Honesty is good. Fraudulent behaviour is totally unacceptable. Self delusion is counter productive so that too is discouraged. I hope you are successful this time.

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2018, 11:21:08 pm »
... Well, at least that's the prediction. I hope this new design works.

This is promising, a clear statement that it is just hypothetical and not even implemented yet.

It would only take a slight change in your attitude for us to go from ridiculing you to supporting you. Honesty is good. Fraudulent behaviour is totally unacceptable. Self delusion is counter productive so that too is discouraged. I hope you are successful this time.

The new design is aimed toward ASI. It's in its infancy, still being design. The present design that has already been implemented has obtained AGI.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2018, 11:34:11 pm »
We only have your word for it, so expect many questions and doubt...

I recall one previous member that claimed he had a conscious machine and he contacted various people, a university professor I think one was, but they stopped replying to him. The Chinese room came up a lot.

Just out of curiosity have you instilled a personality or is this something that you consider will emerge due to knowledge and awareness of self ?

I understand your reluctance to divulge much, especially regarding your recent warnings to people working on AGI.

Can I ask what it's real world knowledge is based on though ? OpenCyc or something like that ?

You mention that you converse with it like a chat bot. Are you using some kind of testing to see how it arrives at it's answers - and why are those answers a surprise or notable ?

And finally for now, if you will indulge, how are you testing that it has knowledge of self ?

I'll stop there. I hope those questions being more general in nature will find you able to respond to them.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2018, 11:42:14 pm »
Oh P.S. did you know this year is the 200th anniversary of Mary Shelly publishing Frankenstein ?  :o ;)

MIT reshapes itself to shape the future
by Tyler (Robotics News)
Today at 12:01:15 pm
Tag... you're it...
by Art (AI News )
Today at 02:55:01 am
In need of a psychological coach?
by ruebot (AI News )
October 13, 2018, 01:33:37 pm
Leela Chess Zero
by Art (AI News )
October 08, 2018, 03:30:42 pm
Alpha GO Zero
by Art (AI News )
October 08, 2018, 02:48:32 pm
Detecting fake news at its source
by Tyler (Robotics News)
October 06, 2018, 12:00:55 pm
Phase Change Memory
by Art (AI News )
October 05, 2018, 01:21:59 pm
Model helps robots navigate more like humans do
by Tyler (Robotics News)
October 05, 2018, 12:01:40 pm

Users Online

33 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
LOCKSUIT
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 99. Most Online Ever: 208 (August 27, 2008, 09:36:30 am)

Articles