Westworld season 2 in 2 days

• 7 Replies

unreality

• Starship Trooper
Westworld season 2 in 2 days
« on: April 20, 2018, 11:00:49 pm »
Here in the U.S. we get a new season on Westworld, season 2 on HBO. It's about a company that created this massive massive closed area of land in the desert, depicting the old wild west where wealthy humans can pay for an experience filled with AGI people. It's very well done. Very professional. HBO probably spends a lot of money making Westworld. Season 2 starts April 22, 2018. We got a free 4 day HBO pass. We didn't ask for it, but what perfect timing for HBO to give that to us lol. I'll watch the 1st episode and then wait for the entire season ends so I have buy a month of HBO online and binge watch it. ;)

You people in UK get Humans, right? Has Season 3 started there yet? Here in the US we have to wait till it ends over there. :( Personally I'd take Humans over Westworld anyday. Can hardly wait to see what Niska's up to!

Season 2 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjVqDg32_8s

Season 1 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuS5huqOND4

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
Re: Westworld season 2 in 2 days
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 06:27:18 pm »
The two series are vastly different and worlds apart.
I like both of them but the WestWorld goes more than just skin-deep into the "residents". It goes into the very process of their creation and the psychology of their assigned task or profession within the environment. Then there's the back story, the interaction and possibility that they may "awaken' like a few already have, to become conscious beings. Very deep process as one is taken on the journey to the center of the maze.

HUMANS - is a wonderful take on the possibility of having "mechs" (Mechanical Humans" living and working beside/along with real humans. There are various struggles and situations along the way dealing with lost jobs, acceptance of humanoids in an otherwise human society. Can the Mechs be capable of being loved and giving love? Are they capable of understanding, feeling, context, emotions, etc., even with a new Chip?

Again two very different but two very great shows. I've watched the entirety of both and can't wait for another dose! If possible you all should try to see them!
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 09:59:11 pm »
Well I watched season 2 premier of Westworld on HBO last night. It's starting out pretty good. ... I'll take Humans tv series anytime.

Art

• Colossus
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 06:51:48 pm »
If you get the opportunity, watch the entire 1st season of WW to get the whole concept as it never tipped its hand from individual episodes.

Can't wait to see both series! In a way, yes, one could certainly identify more so with the HUMANS series being more contemporary than the rugged days of the old west (even if it is riddled with amazing technological advancements.)

Good stuff without a doubt!

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 09:47:23 pm »
Art,

WW, as in Westworld? I saw the 1st season last year. It's great. I'd give it about an 8, maybe 9 out of 10. I give Humans a 9.5 to 10.

Art

• Colossus
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 02:20:09 am »
Sorry guy, I wasn't sure whether you had seen the 1st season in its entirety or not.
=================

One thing I am upset with is the steering direction of our SyFy channel! We've lost a lot of good shows, IMHO, like Dark Matter, Continuum and yet they replace them with shows like Blue Bloods, Criminal Minds (great show but not Sci-Fi/SyFy), The Good Doctor (really?), and others.

I guess they like all the rest are purely money-driven, best show ratings, etc., regardless of content. There goes the neighborhood. Pity that!

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 02:31:57 am »
They're playing Blue Bloods on syfy channel? LOL

I'm looking forward to the next season of Dark Matter. Hopefully there'll be one. Cool characters. Android is cool, but a bit annoying at times.

Art

• Colossus
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 08:30:13 pm »
Unless you're privy to some gossip that I haven't heard, the show has been canceled!

MGM approached the shows creator, Joseph Malozzi about taking the show and joining it with a Stargate type of show.
Last I read that kind of fizzled out as well.

Word is that if Malozzi can't find a way to at least get a decent final showing to illustrate how the story/storyline will or should end, then he's even thought about featuring it in a (are you sitting down?) Comic Book! WTF? Really?

I also got some confirmation that I was correct in my assumptions that the show's demise was all about ratings and that = money $$
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/1699611/why-dark-matter-really-got-cancelled-by-syfy-according-to-the-creator

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

296 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 343. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles