What do you think Consciousness is?

• 22 Replies

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
Re: What do you think Consciousness is?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2018, 09:01:15 am »

Still, I'm not sure should we do it at all. I mean, creating an artificial life is not a game. We are not aware of consequences of making a mistake in such a process. Just imagine an artificial being who can experience only a fear in its life, out of all the possible emotions. That would be a disaster, my heart would break at the half seeing it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. So I'm not sure if it is worth of risk. What would we get out of creating an artificial life? We would only satisfy our ego and a curiosity. But if something goes wrong... i wouldn't like to be a creator that risks that much.

People treat it as a game,   and I wonder if its pure ignorance or that some people know that our existence isnt actually real.   anyone want to jump in front of a car?  >X)

spydaz

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Developing Conversational AI (Natural Language/ML)
    • Spydaz_Web
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2018, 11:12:50 am »
To Freeze or not to Freeze...hmmm...

He is wearing a secret sign! Just to let you know...... Its better to be downloaded ...

.. to be frozen ... it explains itself . When they know how to freeze you correctly (by replacing the fluid in the body with a liquid which does not expand.... ) (Opps without cutting off your head (some people cant afford the full body freeze and have just had their heads done).... Or preserving the body in amber... or freezing in carbon(like Han solo) .... i don't think any of these preserved bodies will be able to be revived ever (the current "De- Animation" process is probably wrong) .... just like the Egyptians... they probably saw the ancient aliens do something like that so they tried their best to copy it! or maybe they had the same idea of Resurrection. 

I think we need a few volunteers to be unfrozen....

But i do think it would be possible to slow the body processes down to near death will induced sleep and drastically reduced temp. (just before freezing) ..... For long term sleep it may even be further possible to inject the sleeping candidate with Adapted Bacteria which could feed and nourish the body while sleeping.  protecting the cells.....Further to ..... Perhaps the whole body needs adjustment.....there are obviously too many variables ..... in reality it is currently a Scam!.... But its not to say its not a possibility..... being totally frozen is death ..... the consciousness is always being stimulated without the stimulation then it also would be dead...... Hence sleeping .... to keep the consciousness active.... as a deep space travel option ... the consciousness would be active while the body inactive..... in dreams we have no perception of time so the wake up would be like a normal Nights sleep..... its the body deterioration / hair growth... slowing these processes....

but who actually knows.... maybe they can attach a reanimated head to a robot body......

I think i would always go to be downloaded instead.... If we can download then i would expect that im being stored on some kind of media which could probably go in a robot body ...  therefore uploaded to a new avatar..It has been suggested that http://www.biowars.com/blog/are-bacteria-conscious-beings/ without the consciousness the body will fail .... as there is a direct link to the body and consciousness? but if the body fails does that not mean the consciousness fails or is it being released into the cosmos... then downloading yourself to a Media would be like being trapped in a form......When the cosmic form is greater than the physical form.....

Hmm... After contemplation .... i would not download either....... Better to De-Animate naturally and transform into a higher level being....this is just a single ion in your everlasting existence....
Enjoy it......

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2018, 11:23:57 am »
Longevity is unnecessary and irrelevant. We are a hive mind and the death of individuals is as essential for our growth and development as the birth of their replacements. Those who think they are special are just a cancer which is to be rooted out and destroyed.

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2018, 11:35:10 am »
Longevity is unnecessary and irrelevant. We are a hive mind and the death of individuals is as essential for our growth and development as the birth of their replacements. Those who think they are special are just a cancer which is to be rooted out and destroyed.

Thats just a guess.   but I guess you could be right.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2018, 12:35:47 pm »
But Infurl, Everyone is Special, from the time they're born until the time they die.

I'll bet even those "Special" Mensa people still take their cars to a mechanic to fix for them.

Read my tagline: At the end of the game... O0
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2018, 06:25:48 pm »
I think we need a few volunteers to be unfrozen....

Erm... I see a thaw/ flaw with this plan... lol

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2018, 09:25:13 am »
I think consciousness is an interference pattern, a harmonic, a literal ‘ghost in the machine’.

I’ve always scoffed at the saying ‘consciousness arises from complexity’ but in a way this is true… it has to be a specific type of complexity though.

All complex living organisms are conscious to varying degrees… they have to be… if they have a single integrated nervous system and are capable of complex behaviours… they will have a degree of consciousness.

:)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 11:42:04 am by korrelan »
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2018, 08:04:56 pm »
wow good video

Yes, a pattern, specific type of pattern creates a consciousness, just it isn't part of the machine! The con. indulges in the sensory...we don't actually freaking sense anything....lol.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

228 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 274. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles