Your favorite nootropic or energy substance

• 17 Replies

unreality

• Starship Trooper
Your favorite nootropic or energy substance
« on: May 03, 2018, 06:14:34 pm »
Everyone reacts differently to different substances, but overall people are raving about the L-Theanine and Caffeine stack. So I bought 5.3 oz of L-Theanine and 500 V-caps (200mg each) of caffeine from NutraBio. It's a reasonably large and well known company in body building. Their youtube videos seem great, like a bunch of sincere folks. I generally take a lot of L-Theanine because everyone is saying there's no bad effects. Anywhere from 2000 mg to about 400 mg. The container suggests 1 scoop, 2000 mg, which is a LOT. So it's not an excess amount. Some people take a lot more. L-Theanine is suppose to be helpful in numerous ways including counter acting the bad effects one normally gets with caffeine such as jitteriness. So I took both for about 3 weeks without noticing much. The L-Theanine gives me a cold cooling effect along with *slight* momentary calmness. Besides that, nada! I decided to stop using them, but was hating the idea of caffeine headache withdraws. I've never been a coffee drinker, but have at times drank a lot of mountain dew for a week, which always gives me big headaches for a few days when I stop due to caffeine withdraws. So after a week of not taking the stack, nothing. No headaches. No withdraws at all. Is that normal? I've never read that L-Theanine prevents caffeine dependency. Maybe I'll take the caffeine pills alone and stop just to see if I get withdraw effects. I bought both NutraBio products directly from Amazon. Maybe a scam.

Idk. I'm going back to ginseng. Does anyone have a good nootropic stack or energy substance?

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
Re: Your favorite nootropic or energy substance
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 08:45:55 pm »
frozen fries nuggets cupcakes shortbread minuteMaidBerryPunchJuice and rootBeerPop
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
  • Humans will disappoint you.
    • Home Page
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 09:33:14 pm »
In the long run there is no substitute for a balanced diet and regular exercise. I can manage the former but not the latter. I drink good coffee every day and love it. There is mounting evidence that lots of coffee (as distinct from just caffeine) is good for you in numerous ways, as long as you don't drink enough to affect your temperament (up to four cups a day for most people).

The one thing that you may not have tried and which does have a real benefit is vitamin D supplements. Vitamin D helps you resist and recover from illness and has a powerful impact on muscle and bone development. You normally only get it through exposure to sunlight, so if you are dark skinned, live at a high latitude, or don't spend much time outdoors, you will feel noticeably more alert and energetic if you take vitamin D every day.

Note that there are certain rare medical conditions for which vitamin D supplements are contra-indicated (e.g. hyperparathyroidism) and which would need to be treated before you can take vitamin D safely. You should check with your doctor to be on the safe side.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 11:01:07 pm »
I take 1 vitamin D and 1 Flintstones vitamin each morning. Flintstones vitamins good? They both taste like pezz candy.

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 11:29:03 pm »
I take a daily vitamin pill that has 100% daily value of D. Somewhere around here there's a bottle of D, I think D1, that's high potency. Exercise is a big problem for a lot of people. Not sure if it counts, but I walk or pace a lot everyday. At least a few hours. I'm a pacer when I think.

Candy is good for your brain. Brain food. ;)

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 11:36:11 pm »
Remember guys I figured out that jiggling (say from walking) prob moves the bad stuff out of your body or somethin.....cus hakwking couldn't move by himself and simply the moving limbs worked.

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
    • Home Page
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 12:11:43 am »
Getting enough sleep is another critical health requirement that a lot of people neglect. If you consistently get less than six hours sleep per day/night you risk permanent brain damage, no exceptions. Sleep during daylight hours is also much less effective than sleep at night. Your body naturally produces melatonin when it gets dark which causes you to feel sleepy. You can take melatonin pills as an alternative to sleeping pills to recover faster from jet lag, or if you are having trouble sleeping, but it's better to address the cause rather than try to mask the symptoms.

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
    • Home Page
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 12:12:49 am »
Remember guys I figured out that jiggling (say from walking) prob moves the bad stuff out of your body or somethin.....cus hakwking couldn't move by himself and simply the moving limbs worked.

Curse you Mr Suit, now I'll never be able to unsee the mental image of you jiggling. Ugh.

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
    • Home Page
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 12:14:52 am »
Candy is good for your brain. Brain food. ;)

Yeah, I love the sugar rush that I get from Coca Cola. It's a shame it's such poison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRxHYHPzs7s

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2018, 12:16:25 am »

Curse you Mr Suit, now I'll never be able to unsee the mental image of you jiggling. Ugh.

HaHa What!???

Try to jiggle everywhere you go/sit.

Thankfully my freedom of chores makes me indulge in lots of sleep. Always at least 8 a night. And usually 9/10 or 12, and if I'm up ex. 16 hours, I may sleep 16/20. I slept 23/24 a few times, I have a clock in my room.

Body really repairs.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2018, 12:18:54 am »
Sleep
walk
water

if you can't ignore the short bread cookies

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
    • Home Page
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2018, 12:21:27 am »
Thankfully mt freedom of chores makes me indulge in lots of sleep. Always at least 8 a night. And usually 9/10 or 12, and if I'm up ex. 16 hours, I may sleep 16/20. I slept 23/24 a few times, I have a clock in my room.

Ah, now that's the other problem. Too much rest has a detrimental effect on your health too. More than 9 or 10 hours of sleep at a time will severely impact your cardiovascular fitness. If you're really sleeping such long hours without an obvious reason (you already said you don't go to music festivals) it may indicate undiagnosed clinical depression or some other serious problem.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2018, 12:21:37 am »
I eat fries & nuggets frozen type every lunch. I try to eat half hotdog with multiple buns but i can feel my body urging for frie nutrion and cannot resist fries nuggets usually.

Past few months I've went down t 2 meals a day.......maybe sitting too much.....

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
    • Home Page
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2018, 12:27:55 am »
This sucks but the best way to stimulate your physical and mental health and performance is to experience a certain amount of stress in your daily routine, and the best way to do that is to get a job. These days far too many jobs are way too stressful. The Japanese even have a word for dying of overwork. But the right kind of job will work wonders for your outlook and well-being, even if you're wealthy enough not to need one.

infurl

• Administrator
  • Eve
    • Home Page
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2018, 12:30:05 am »
I eat fries & nuggets frozen type every lunch. I try to eat half hotdog with multiple buns but i can feel my body urging for frie nutrion and cannot resist fries nuggets usually. Past few months I've went down t 2 meals a day.......maybe sitting too much.....

I see your problem. You're wobbling instead of jiggling.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by 8pla.net (AI News )
Today at 01:02:11 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

258 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
8pla.net
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles