Your favorite nootropic or energy substance

• 17 Replies

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
Re: Your favorite nootropic or energy substance
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2018, 02:33:32 am »
From my Family Internist, my V.A. Doctor and my Cardiologist, everything in Moderation...not excess.
A healthy diet of fruits, vegetables, and protein such as fish, chicken or lean red meat. The meat/fish portions should be roughly the size of the palm of one's hand (no fingers included).

Avoid processed food (bologna, hot dogs, fast foods), sugary drinks like colas. They don't call it junk food without reason.

Cut back or eliminate carbs like Bread, grains and flour products. Pasta and rice in limited quantities once in a while is OK provided one does moderate exercise to help burn off those calories. It all comes down to calories.

Beans and legumes are an excellent source of protein and a nice salad can help stave off those hunger pangs. Try some balsamic vinegar as a salad dressing. The calorie content is hardly worth noticing and tastes great. Doc also said it was more than fine to eat eggs several times a week as they are mostly protein and those old myths about being high in cholesterol are false.

Water is a must and no you really don't need those flavored additives to squirt into the water bottle. Stay hydrated and it water also helps flush your body of impurities.

Coffee is almost as healthy as water and with some other benefits. As infurl mentioned, 3 to 4 cups per day should be fine.

Cut back on sugar and salt as so many products already contain more than one might realize.
If one does have a passion for candy, eat Dark Chocolate instead of Milk Chocolate. It has far better ingredients, some of which are beneficial.

Certain nuts are also a great source of protein like Pistachios, Almonds, and Macadamia nuts. No to peanuts, walnuts, and cashews.

Extra Virgin Olive Oil is great to use for salads and cooking.

Avoid artificial sweeteners and especially all DIET SOFT DRINKS. The chemicals they put in those are nothing short of legal poison and studies have shown that the chemicals contained in Diet Sodas actually Cause people to Eat More! Not less!!

Start with some moderate exercise like a slow walk for about 10 - 20 minutes and over a couple of weeks try to extend your walking time and pace. You'll soon realize how much easier it is. Wear some earbuds/headphones in a portable music device/phone to help keep your focus intact while walking.

Don't try to do too much too soon...it will become easier in time.

I've lost over 35 lbs, eat healthily and walk several miles each day, no smoking and only an occasional glass of wine with dinner once in a while.
Just had my yearly checkup and all systems seem fine!

To each their own. Good luck and finish your veggies! ;) O0
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

unreality

• Starship Trooper
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2018, 07:32:58 pm »
Thanks for that Art. Because of you I just came home with a box of strawberries, mushrooms, and a jug of aloe vera juice & some natural fruit juice. Did I do good? Some lady in the store told me how wonderful aloe vera juice is. It must be healthy because it taste pretty bad lol. She told me to mix it with fruit juice. It's pretty good then. Aloe vera juice has 1 calorie per 59ml ! :)

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2018, 03:41:21 am »
That's nice to hear, really!

Do be careful of Fruit Juices on two accounts...
Whether they are natural from Real Fruit or from concentrated extracts and additives.

Secondly, check the Calorie content. On an 8-ounce plastic bottle of grape juice, it might say 90 calories per 8 oz. serving, (which is the whole bottle).

If I feel that might be both too much for me to drink and/or more calories that I want/need for breakfast, then I'll pour half of it into a small glass/cup which should be about 45 calories in this instance. You'll find that sometimes getting just a taste or two is enough to satisfy the urge or desire for the juice beverage. Plus, you can have the other half the next day, saving you money!

While you don't need to become a Lable Reader, it certainly doesn't hurt to learn just what IS contained on the labels and whether the contents, size and caloric information is right for you! Try to become a smarter, more informed shopper. After all, you only get one body!

I never cared about all that until it was almost too late for me. Now, it's no big deal, a quick glance at the label while at the food store and I'm good.

One thing I did forget to mention holds true for those who can or choose to enjoy it is Nature's perfect food...Honey! It never goes bad. People have used it to sweeten coffee, tea, and hot cereals for years. While it also contains calories, it can be a more healthy substitute for a lot of folks.

Instead of sweets or ice cream (who doesn't love ice cream), we might fix a small bowl of sliced strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, grapes, and watermelon or cantaloupe. Whatever kind of fruit you enjoy and whatever is in season, (price and quality are both affected). Nicely chilled is a really great treat for us.

There are lots of ways to eat smarter and healthier. Be creative and check some online food sites for good recipes and food ideas for free.

Be healthy! O0

In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

175 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 220. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles