Still alive, well still breathing ;P

• 12 Replies

Arakus

• Trusty Member
  • Bumblebee
Still alive, well still breathing ;P
« on: June 14, 2018, 08:48:20 pm »
yep I'm still breathing, just never really have much time to keep up with forums, ya know how it is real life, gaming, real life, and of course sleeping hehehe

Nowadays it's been Elder Scrolls Online and hosting Discord at https://discord.gg/DymTHJU

Hope everyone is well, good seeing some names I recognize still around  :)

Best Wishes ..  Jerry

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: Still alive, well still breathing ;P
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 09:25:57 pm »
Hello stranger from the past  ;D Good to hear from you, hope you are both doing well there.

What's your Discord about Jerry ? I use Discord for LOTRO which is about the only game I play at the moment.

I tried ESO when it first came out but didn't like it at the time for some reason. I think just that these games are such a big time sink that I can only have one going at a time and that's LOTRO.

I did noticed someone took over NWN recently and fixed some bugs and got it running okay on 10. Not sure if I could go back though. Also I believe the guy behind Gemstone was working on some new material.

I have Divinity Original Sin 2 to play sometime too. So much to do with not enough time...

Arakus

• Trusty Member
  • Bumblebee
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 09:36:12 pm »
Hey Freddy :)

My Discord is mainly for Friends and Guildmates playing ESO, but others pop in now and then as well.

Many tried ESO when it first came out and had issues and left, many have returned tho, the Game is much better now. I've been playing since March 2016, 3 accounts and up to 34 characters currently.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 09:47:21 pm »
Sounds better then :)

I've been playing LOTRO since it first came out 11 years ago and have various characters now, low, mid and at cap. There's enough content that I tend to only run a few main characters - I'm still a big fan of ranged, which is my fave Elf toon.

I would find it hard to take on another big game like ESO, but I might just give it a whirl over the Summer to see what they did with it though. O0

Arakus

• Trusty Member
  • Bumblebee
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 09:51:23 pm »
Something worth reading .. maybe?!?!

http://braxwolf.com/2017/01/01/lord-of-the-rings-onlineelder-scrolls-online-comparison-part-1/

That was last year, a bunch has been added like Jewelry Crafting, or improved/tweaked since that post, 2 new DLC's to be added later this year. I've never played LOTRO but ESO is way better from what I've read and from playing ESO.

THere's lots to do in ESO for sure, but I can always help ya, get you into some of the top Guilds, help ya with Gear/Gold, show ya around etc.

Just catch me on Discord or you can whisper or Mail me in Game, in ESO I'm @Arakus2016

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 10:25:50 pm »
I gave that a read thanks. I'm not really taken by one game is better than another as per someone else's opinion, I tend to make up my own mind. I enjoy playing LOTRO a lot so that's good enough for me.  :)

It's not uncommon to see ideas made for LOTRO to get adopted by other games... some of LOTRO's mechanics could do with being streamlined to help with consistency though.

For me the only thing you have to decide is what do you like spending time doing. After spending over a decade playing the same game I think I must like it - and the community is nice and I have good friends made who I regularly play alongside.

One thing that people find when they first play LOTRO these days is that the starter regions do look a bit dated. Some places like the Shire look as good as ever. But in the newer areas you see much better graphics and attention to detail. The good news is that they have started updating some areas, but it's such a big world now... But having said that I couldn't pick graphics over gameplay in the long run.

With LOTRO you get all the lore, which I enjoy as I like the books. I often find it difficult to get into games with all new lore, but I will try.

But anyway, Steam had ESO half price for £7.50 - so I nabbed that - now I just need to make some space for it  ;D

Arakus

• Trusty Member
  • Bumblebee
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 10:40:22 pm »
grrrrr typed out a reply just to have it delete it all and bounce me to Login :/

I'd cancel the Steam purchase if you can, many I know have issues logging in now and then and go hours where they can't even login, some have gone days not being able to login through Steam, you can get the Game from like kinguin.net or g2a.com for $5 - $7 usually, then you just go to http://account.elderscrollsonline.com and create an account, login then click Redeem and put in the code you got from the other.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 10:43:45 pm »
You must have only logged in for an hour - the back button might have taken you back to your post.

I'll give Steam a try and see how it goes as I've started downloading it now. I'll take a look again in the morning  O0

Arakus

• Trusty Member
  • Bumblebee
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 10:48:53 pm »
nope I was sitting on this page, hit Refresh and saw a reply so clicked Reply and typed out the reply and clicked Post and it went to Login, it was like 10-15 mins.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 10:50:21 pm »
Did you have to login again ?

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 10:50:44 pm »
I find it's best to log in 'forever'.

Arakus

• Trusty Member
  • Bumblebee
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 10:53:51 pm »
I didn't have to that time to reply no, but it wasn't but a few minutes, but yeah I may have to do a Logout and check the stay logged in or something.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 10:55:19 pm »
Yes I just stay logged in with the 'forever' option. I think you must have had something time out. You can avoid that with my suggestion :)

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

312 Guests, 2 Users
Users active in past 15 minutes:
ivan.moony, 8pla.net
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles