[Question] Do people understand what is AI today?

• 6 Replies

KLebejko

• Roomba
    • Azati.com
[Question] Do people understand what is AI today?
« on: July 09, 2018, 08:54:11 am »
Hello everyone!

How do you think: Is AI enough popular today?

Do people understand its use for the real business like Real Estate or Insurance?
Should we (at Azati) explain the AI benefits for the modern businesses covering the main topics? What are uncovered topics?

Here some examples we've already written:
Real Estate: https://azati.com/artificial-intelligence-and-machine-learning-for-real-estate/
Insurance: https://azati.com/how-nlp-and-artificial-intelligence-can-optimize-claims-processing-in-insurance/
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 08:10:46 am by KLebejko »

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
Re: [Question] Do people understand what is AI today?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 09:51:09 am »
The reality is,  no-one knows where we are headed because we dont know how good its going to be.
As in how smart the a.i. is,   is yet to be seen. 
Theres people in know, here and there,  but as what I know myself,   I havent the implementation yet, so im hopeful, but im not aware of how smart its going to be.

I think it is rare, to know what your doing in this area,  I know im not the only one,  but I barely meet people doing it.

spydaz

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Developing Conversational AI (Natural Language/ML)
    • Spydaz_Web
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 11:23:17 am »
Hello everyone!

Do people understand its use for the real business like Real Estate or Insurance?
Should we (at Azati) explain the AI benefits for the modern businesses covering the main topics? What are uncovered topics?

I think there is a miss Alignment of understanding about B.I and A.I .....

Business intelligence is the application of Machine learning / Data mining / Data science ... / Data ware-housing  / Knowledge - base Management etc...
This incorporates the techniques of Artificial intelligence and yet it does not because AI has no fully defined definition.

The ability to make Entities act freely without the aid of assistance , acting on either defined or learned behaviours. (AI)

Often people apply machine learning definitions to Artificial intelligence which actually deals with modelling behaviours....

Currently some businesses in various industry's are deploying Statistical and machine learning methods for market prediction or segmentation; such models are not artificial intelligence but merely Data modelling / Data science (BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE) 

By understanding what has happened in the past future predictions can be made (BI)

Analysis and data modelling of information collected over time;
This enables for machine learning and other quantitative and predictive models to be utilised...

This is generally achieved by,  data ware-housing and  multi dimensional data modelling. By creating usable data-sets for machine learning;  such as logistic regression / clustering ... and other classification models, as well as , by anaylising events and block chains,  Decision trees can be defined for specific repeatable processes,  and even designed towards realised company goals and objectives. ....

it is such processes which give rise to comparative processes in AI today.  Such models can drive "Chat-Bot / Assistants".  Which further enable for sales or customer services , which again int-urn can be streamlined handling queries in multiple languages... Out of the Scope query's can be redirected to live assistants.... Such as system is akin to Automated telephone answering systems ... again,  it can be seen that although, it would appear on the surface that we are dealing with AI, in fact the simple decision tree based Bot is not an artificial intelligence. In so much that it acts on programmed behaviours and works autonomously it merely has a set of decisions, which can be followed or terminated. therefore no intelligence;  Yet the  stages taken although comparative enable for a finite set of decisions to be made;

Similar to cars which can park them selves ... although seeming to be intelligent it is merely a "Machine learning marvel" the assessment of the parking space and ability to park has been trained over a set of  cases and in no way simulates behaviour ...

At this time there is a lot of terminology being coined..Machine learning; Natural language processing ; Data mining ; Data science ; Neural networks; Artificial intelligence ; business Intelligence ; Reinforcement learning ; eager learning; Supervised learning ; Classification ;.....It goes on forever.... but all are merely techniques and components of the other..... Aha there is a hierarchy ... as Artificial intelligence contains so many of the sub - topics it is very high in the hierarchy... probably the top as it contains all the other disciplines.

There are no benefits in business for AI right now... But Business intelligence yes.... (lower down the hierarchy but still at the high levels as it incorporates a different but similar set of components none of which are its own discipline)

" A Self driving UAV " has need of artificial intelligence....

Obviously you require more research on these topics..... very complex to understand for new starters
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 09:01:22 am by spydaz »

KLebejko

• Roomba
    • Azati.com
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 02:52:19 pm »
Thanks!  O0

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 02:00:10 am »
If AI can be used by many people, like it should be in ALL business systems, then yes explain it/spread it.

But face smile apps? No, that isn't needed. Until we get to generating text-to-video! Then you can turn your idea into a movie!
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

KLebejko

• Roomba
    • Azati.com
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 08:11:30 am »
Thanks! Much appreciated!

spydaz

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Developing Conversational AI (Natural Language/ML)
    • Spydaz_Web
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 11:13:23 am »
Hello everyone!

Here some examples we've already written:
Real Estate: https://azati.com/artificial-intelligence-and-machine-learning-for-real-estate/
Insurance: https://azati.com/how-nlp-and-artificial-intelligence-can-optimize-claims-processing-in-insurance/

This an exact Example of what i was explaining;

Both links and descriptions give are both Business intelligence and not AI .... business don't often understand the difference . and there is a mass confusion ... as well as miss understanding about the techniques as also there is a fashion of being in the industry.... lol... so actually no both pages are not AI.... they are BI.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

321 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 396. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles