Anyone know of a parser like this?

• 79 Replies

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
Anyone know of a parser like this?
« on: July 14, 2018, 03:28:25 pm »
I'm looking for a parser program that takes a sentence, and can find the smaller parts of the whole like this:

Cows are very cute and eat food.
                       /                 \
Cows are very cute    and eat food.
           /           \                   /          \
Cows are    very cute    and    eat food.
       /    \              /    \            \            /    \
Cows    are    very    cute    and    eat    food.

Note that it should not output "are very", as shown above it should output that one as "very cute".

I've seen parse trees but I think they are made by a human expert in the background, not computer.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

spydaz

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Developing Conversational AI (Natural Language/ML)
    • Spydaz_Web
Re: Anyone know of a parser like this?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 04:16:10 pm »
I'm looking for a parser program that takes a sentence, and can find the smaller parts of the whole like this:

Cows are very cute and eat food.
                       /                 \
Cows are very cute    and eat food.
           /           \                   /          \
Cows are    very cute    and    eat food.
       /    \              /    \            \            /    \
Cows    are    very    cute    and    eat    food.

Note that it should not output "are very", as shown above it should output that one as "very cute".

I've seen parse trees but I think they are made by a human expert in the background, not computer.

I thought i showed you about the TRIE TREES..... https://github.com/spydaz/ClassTrie

its exactly what a trie tree can do! i have the example in my git hub just load it and experiment so that you can see how the data looks....

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 07:22:17 pm »
You can use popular Nearley.js. It has a lot of plugins, including railroad diagram generator. It is being there since 2014 and it is being used in numerous projects such is Shrdlite that is an AI solution involving natural language processing. Of course, this applies if you are up to Javascript.

What do you need it for?

Don Patrick

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • AI / robot merchandise
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 07:23:59 pm »
CO2 retains heat. More CO2 in the air = hotter climate.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 03:25:51 am »
Those are good resources but I'm not sure I perfectly explained my question.

I know these parsers from people / Google can parse it and find the dependencies but...that wouldn't be what I'm looking for...

I'm looking for something that finds the same pair no matter the sentence.

For example one day we feed the parser:
"Cows are animals that eat food."
and another day we feed it:
"I think in our rain-forest the animals that eat food would be the great lion"

In both cases it should output these words as a single feature made of 3 words:
"Cows are animals that eat food."
"I think in our rain-forest the animals that eat food would be the great lion"
Do these parsers do that if given separately those 2 sentences? It's not meant to remember the last sentence, just does the same output for em both!

The reason I'm looking for this is because I want a program for AGI that knows many sentences it reads plus the bits, that make it up ex.:
"I think   in our       rain-forest       the animals                   that eat   food       would be       the great lion"
....."I think" goes together to build bigger and is re-useable. So is "in our". "I think in our" is a bigger re-useable feature in language/the world. Next is "I think in our rain-forest", and so on...

Also if you know of this program, another thing it will be like is it must store millions of words and pairs of words, inside a non-ANN so each entry is perfectly stored...If you got this baby please show me the program please.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 08:28:34 am by LOCKSUIT »

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 03:53:01 am »
(read above)

Btw so spydaz, I read your git page there, and the picture shown, going down the left branch, has 3 optional things to say in a conversation right?? Either it'll say that, there, or this. Right? And if it were words stored in nodes it'd be like it can say either i want brown cookies, i want soft cookies, or i want red hams, right?

spydaz

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Spydaz_Web
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 09:01:57 am »
(read above)

Btw so spydaz, I read your git page there, and the picture shown, going down the left branch, has 3 optional things to say in a conversation right?? Either it'll say that, there, or this. Right? And if it were words stored in nodes it'd be like it can say either i want brown cookies, i want soft cookies, or i want red hams, right?

In addition to the "Word" trie i added Add iteratively

Add

The cat sat on the mat

Cat sat on the mat

sat on the mat

on the mat

the mat

mat

by "shifting along the sentence / Word / Paragraph" we get "All suffixes and Prefixes" as complete words/pathways as well as combining simular patterns

The dog sat on the mat

Would add "the dog"

the terms The dog / The mat / The cat <<<<<<< would all be in the same node!

but you need to load it to visualize it ..... Hence a treeControl .... you will need to download it and compile it in Visual studio to run the binary file (EXE).... the source code is there ... quite well documented in the code! mess about with it! give it to your coder! he should be able to convert it to python quite easy! ......

Trees are just lists containing sub-lists....

When you can see what is happening inside the data structure then you will see what your looking for ! compile it.... its pure vb "no references"

The class trie is not really for conversation(yet)
But it is such a usefull data structure "for addressing" as well as finding structure in sentences; Capturing simular structures in data .... just as you mention above....it groups the simular structures in nodes etc...Its used for string matching(although i wouldnt).....many uses.. the tutorials or lessons on using tries etc.... is very low class/small ideas/ highly underrated/underused

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 09:49:41 am »
Errr....right now I'm trying to write the instructions up it'd becoming very alien-like for a simple idea and this would be a big time saver if your program is my program or better. But I can't tell! I doubt your program is doing what I think. But we must see! ... :D

Take this picture, see it first before reading.

As you can see, the branch going down and to the left is using TWO re-useeable snippets, and at the bottom I show these in deeper pair layers combining into a bigger, re-useable, snippet ! No word or word pair is stored twice ever.

HENCE, I will now ask, in your program, would "the old cat was" be made up out of ex. "the old" + "cat was"? And would ex. "the old" be made up out of "the" + "old"?

It's not supposed to shift along though...for example in a beginning hierarchy like shown at bottom would-not store "old cat" no, only "the old" and "cat was" should be stored and referenced to create "the old cat was".

So does it do that  ?

But why can't you just sceenshoot it running for us all lol? Please?

spydaz

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Spydaz_Web
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2018, 04:50:00 pm »
Errr....right now I'm trying to write the instructions up it'd becoming very alien-like for a simple idea and this would be a big time saver if your program is my program or better. But I can't tell! I doubt your program is doing what I think. But we must see! ... :D

Take this picture, see it first before reading.

As you can see, the branch going down and to the left is using TWO re-useeable snippets, and at the bottom I show these in deeper pair layers combining into a bigger, re-useable, snippet ! No word or word pair is stored twice ever.

HENCE, I will now ask, in your program, would "the old cat was" be made up out of ex. "the old" + "cat was"? And would ex. "the old" be made up out of "the" + "old"?

It's not supposed to shift along though...for example in a beginning hierarchy like shown at bottom would-not store "old cat" no, only "the old" and "cat was" should be stored and referenced to create "the old cat was".

So does it do that  ?

But why can't you just sceenshoot it running for us all lol? Please?

Obviously its all seeing and all doing!

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2018, 04:54:11 pm »
Is there a visualization that my coder will awaken? If I can see by the visualization in like 5 minutes then it makes no sense why that can't be recorded footage. If there's no visualization, I can't understand code. Makesy, noey, sensey....

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2018, 05:49:28 pm »
LockSuit,  you can code a parser that does that, same way you can do many different ways, so why dont you god damn do it!

Weve been kind to you for a long time,   but you have to be a developer to get real respect, otherwise your just tagging along, number due.

spydaz

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Spydaz_Web
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2018, 01:41:49 am »
Is there a visualization that my coder will awaken? If I can see by the visualization in like 5 minutes then it makes no sense why that can't be recorded footage. If there's no visualization, I can't understand code. Makesy, noey, sensey....

i did say i designed an interface with visualisation too... just input words  or sentences in your case

the cat was =

spydaz

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Spydaz_Web
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2018, 02:00:30 am »
only three word sentences .... but the tree contains grouped information.

The cat was
The dog eats
The cat eats
The cat sat
These were added By parsing forward...

A different but similar structure can be defined by parsing backwards....I wont do that experiment!(blocks your own learning journey)(you will have to do you own experiment because actually (only i am doing this project at the moment too)...

As the data structure is loaded it can clearly be seen the value of the tree, As information pertaining to the dog is contained the the dog node , respectively data pertaining to the cat is in the cat node....

Data capture does not reshape the data in any form it captures data with high integrity.   providing linearity, the data can be clustered or sequenced.

Obviously this can be further advanced ... or diversified ... as its a technique that has high possibilities for DNA searching as well as  finding structures strings such as PI... as a it must be impossible for a number not to be followed by another number such as 1-9 multiple times... how many times is a particular group of number occurring?  defining a sentence without grammatical means can be done with such a technique as using an insertion process.... yet with the trie tree structure the shape of the structure is dynamic to the data stored in a structure therefore ... its possible to use the structure to "normalise" components in unstructured sentences structures...

Again possibilities are endless its not only imagination which can drive you "LOCKSUIT" but you need to experiment as well build for your self ... people often give you answers but its just ideas for you but no potential for action because of methodology.. so in reality you cant know if something can really work? How could you? unless you do the test

you-tube is often well faked! so you will be led in to belief structure which although lovely and seem logical ... the the real knowledge we know it to be SCI FI! (those who know god would know the same problem with you-tube) lots of misleading stuff...Follow the right path to glory! (MAYBE)

PS: its taken me this long to figure out how to add an attachment on here....tonight was that night
ALSO: i only generally "Draw diagrams when im on the train ... or in class" usually i generate one or use an application as it also helps you understand requirements previously unthought of!

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2018, 02:15:14 am »
oh hey spydaz cool, wait on the forum gonna ask you a question in 1 minute

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2018, 02:21:02 am »
Ok so you got: see attachement

But why the duplicate the dog jumps and the cat was whyyyyy duplicatess noooo lol why

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

254 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 275. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles