Ontology preview

• 9 Replies

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
Ontology preview
« on: August 04, 2018, 05:56:54 pm »
I've been playing with ontology creation using logical connectives, and representing them on screen. This is what I've got so far.

The picture represents a type suited for enumerating vehicles. Objects are connected by `or` operator, while their properties are connected by `and` operator. From that follows that object has to have *all* of noted properties, while properties are allowed to have *any* of noted objects.

I'm hoping for a scientific calculator based on pure logic. If we use imagination, we may see a structured spreadsheet pattern. With links and calculations placed at proper places I hope to support anything from statistical analysis to theorem proving. Because Curry-Howard correspondence basically states that proofs are programs, I hope for having a little Turing complete machine that could assist any thought process, including scientific research.

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
Re: Ontology preview
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 06:35:43 pm »
Nice clear representation of horizontal standard tree.

Ed: Your post number 1066... watch out for arrows...

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 05:11:37 pm »
Cool.

Unfortunately though I have moved from wanting to use a DB to just a GOFAI-ANN hybrid network architecture since it can do anything.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 10:40:22 am »
did u know subsets are a special case of logic,  where you can subtract them from each other as sums, and its actually the true intersection, with no bipolar problem,  1 and exact 0 in the unknowns in the complex sum.

Thats why I have my doubts about them being so useful in a brain datastructure,  u need cross intersections before it becomes useful.

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 12:15:19 pm »
The latest thing I realized about sets and logic is that intersection is analogous to and, union is analogous to or, and not is analogous to complement. In fact, logic operators behave exactly as set operators dealing with empty set being false, and universe set being true. But logic isn't restricted only to true / false values. It is statement composition that can describe other elements. For example, `x element of A` is represented in logic by `x ➔ A`. Thus, logic may implement a whole perspective behind true and false values, because we deal with whole statements that mean something beyond just boolean value. For example, logic statement that represents number 2 would be `2 ➔ True`, or simply `2`. Functions would be represented as `(fun ➔ (param1 ∧ param2 ∧ param3 ∧ ...)) ➔ result`.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 01:28:06 pm by ivan.moony »

ranch vermin

• Not much time left.
  • Terminator
  • Its nearly time!
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 12:43:50 pm »
Dont know if itll help,  but I know something i wish to tell you.
if your stuck doing brain stuff (making it evolve and adapt and have new entries)  you could test your system by just hardcoding it, and run an ordinary game or something.   That helped me alot.

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 03:30:55 pm »
Dont know if itll help,  but I know something i wish to tell you.
if your stuck doing brain stuff (making it evolve and adapt and have new entries)  you could test your system by just hardcoding it, and run an ordinary game or something.   That helped me alot.

I don't understand  :-\

Zero

• Eve
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 08:28:06 am »
The representation is beautiful, clean as I like it. But having the and/or operators so far away on the right makes it a bit hard to read. Perhaps the nature of a group could be represented by different vertical bars, like square brackets for 'or' groups and curly braces for 'and' groups. It seems fair, since 'or' groups are unions (collections of vehicles), and 'and' groups are properties (aspects of a vehicule), we'd be following convention which is a good thing: in Json, square brackets are arrays and curly braces are objects. Also, the right side bars are maybe unnecessary since it's a tree.

Ed: Or, put the and/or sign where the arrow is currently. It would make it both clear and lightweight.

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 04:12:34 pm »
I wanted to capture pure logic essence behind the user interface, so when a logician sees a rendering, she/he knows right away what it is about. Perhaps I could put a few more braces and rearrange and / or connectives between braces to make it more readable. Also, I'm still having second thoughts about using fractal orbit in this occasion.

Zero

• Eve
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 09:14:24 pm »
Fractal orbit, yes you could give it a try. The data is highly structured, and tags are small, it could fit well.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

305 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 346. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles