Get out of my head!! How about Brain to Brain connections?

• 2 Replies

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
Get out of my head!! How about Brain to Brain connections?
« on: October 01, 2018, 10:32:14 pm »
The first “social network” of brains lets three people transmit thoughts to each other’s heads.
Then things start to get interesting...

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/612212/the-first-social-network-of-brains-lets-three-people-transmit-thoughts-to-each-others-heads/
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
Re: Get out of my head!! How about Brain to Brain connections?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 11:54:44 am »
Interesting but Nope…

The non intrusive reading of thought patterns through EEG etc isn’t so bad, but the injection of patterns/ information sets my alarm bells ringing.  Fumbling around with something so complex and more importantly, self balanced, as the brain will only result in trauma IMO. 

The brain has evolved to be a closed system, it can handle/ adapt to any kind of input/ stimulus through its own sensory channels but bypassing them is a kin to turning on a room light by injecting a high voltage into the wiring loom close to the light… fuses are gonna pop.

The brains sensory maps are just as plastic as the rest of the brain, the patterns they produce in response to external stimulus are influenced by the higher non sensory cortical regions. The hierarchy of sensory signals has to be followed precisely or the sensory cortex will learn the new invasive patterns, at the deficit of recognising the bodies own.   

TMS is like typing on a keyboard with hand grenades… nope.

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • All your words are belong to us.
    • Demonica
Re: Get out of my head!! How about Brain to Brain connections?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 11:36:03 pm »
None for me, thank you. IMO it sounds like the ultimate goal would be to share thoughts, possibly memories like Yager Pilots in the movie Pacific Rim. And do I have to detail out past misdeeds of alphabet agencies? I highly doubt it hasn't occurred to someone as worse things have happened.

Do you want someone knowing your innermost thoughts and ongoing dialog? Do you want to know thiers? Possibly how they beat their wife, steal from the church collection plate, or what could even be personal opinions, thoughts or fantasies about you? Would things ever be the same in how you saw them? Because, believe me, you never really know what's going on inside someones mind. My mind is lovely, dark and deep. But I have secrets to keep and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.

When I worked in the Mental Health field there were clients smaller in stature than me I never turned my back on or let them position themselves behind me. Staff have been killed on duty by clients and I've been attacked with Tonka trucks, chairs and other makeshift weapons more times than I could count. The mind can be a dark, sick scary place and yet they keep all outside proper appearances.

I would be more open to the DARPA Matrix style project where a human directly interfaces with a computer. I would not, however, be open to implanted chips under any circumstances. The thought of Administrating my machines from the comfort of my recliner does have a certain appeal to me and seems like it would be an orderly, logical process.

Unlike interfacing with a creature driven by emotions, hormones, adrenalin connecting to my wetware and possibly infecting or influencing it with their thoughts.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 01:12:10 am by ruebot »
In time, you will learn to love your Robot Overlords.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

346 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 396. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles