ETHICS

• 40 Replies

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
Re: ETHICS
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2018, 02:48:22 am »
@ Agent Smith,

I would much rather my robots be able to examine then find workable solutions in order to solve a problem rather than be a "One Trick Pony".
If the solving of a particular problem involved failure then that failure is not as much of a failure as it becomes an object lesson or learning experience.
Given enough attempts (and perhaps a share of failures) it should eventually learn how to succeed.

As Thomas Edison once said, "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2018, 07:24:52 pm »
"it should eventually learn how to succeed."

:)

True, as he said, you'd never think iphones were possible 500 years ago, simply there is many ways to fail yet a fair share of ways to do almost whatever you desire, especially in VR. Like said, dishwasher was possible, just gotta figure it out.

Interesting, we all know the "we live, we die and go 6 feet under (or worse), have a chance for myself or children to be saved by the ai robots, etc, but not likely for me if I'm older"....but also 2 things you probably never realized:
1) Even if you could be kept alive and excited forever, even re-built from the dead in VR, you could always, ALWAYS, indeed, be KEPT dead, DEAD, if no one survived or the future system refused to do so everywhere in the universe where life exists. You'd never awake back, true death. It IS possible!!
2) You guessed it. It is possible too. Eternal life. Can ya? Well, you're alive right now, right? (what we consider life), ur happy (hopefully), and we know with tech or even certain mutations - you could live forever, so long as a nanoborg ate Earth and left the sun's danger. Even if the universe crunched back in, you could and WERE living a long time, there was no "exact duration" given, and there mustn't! Also, 500 years can and is fine, there's no "now you are a man at 20". Sure, you can! think! that! And be that. Just saying 500yo creatures lifes are incredible too. And bad memories can be erased and happy the whole time.

Obviously we hope for the eternity allowed, and possible. That's life and that's the life I want and will go for :)
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2018, 07:50:23 pm »
Well if the universe is infinite and time is eternal then death is impossible. Your brain would be remade by chance every so often depending on the universal probability of this happening. From the point of view of a conscious physical structure ( which has a chance of getting created by the universe) life probably never ends.  O0

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2018, 07:56:07 pm »
...my brain

But what about clones. I can have clones in VR in syn exact time. It is a new person, and each can divert some different way too and be different. So is the brain remade going to re-animate me or make "another" ? It's a long question even I, still, can't answer. I have a lot of notes on it though. From waiting lists ta...lots. For example the life may even matter, say you are frozen and die, or brain shot apart but put back together, it seems like you came back, the "life" or "way" it happened may matter......all i know for sure is hurry, i don't want to test this water.

For example I also note that we can all be the same, sensing the same, and same bodies etc. Same homes. We can slowly shift to that yes. So the whole thing is a long standing question that confuses me. It looks bad and good.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2018, 08:03:54 pm »
We survive brain and limb modification lol :) on a daily basis.

The brain algorithm makes a consciousness, I'm just a robot.

Why would you want to accept that though? See. Try to my friend. It's you wanting to be more than just a machine.

I've clearly broken the chain/rule, I do want to be more, but it empowers me to know the truth. Besides, I know so much about the brain that I know we are machines, it's rediculus how much information I have!!!!!!!!!!!! How could you not put it together!? We have everything knowledge about from computers, to Google, to type writers, to implants, you name it. Sound waves, crystals, homes, evolution, omg so much. Maybe I just see all the patterns and am super smart.

Korr knows how i feel, he knows our response system well :)

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2018, 11:55:57 pm »
From Aerosmith's Dream On: Dream on, Dream on, Dream on,  Dream until your dream come true...

Perhaps you are trapped in the Matrix...? Did you take the Red Pill? O0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE7PKRjrid4
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

DemonRaven

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
  • Disclaimer old brain @ work not liable for content
    • Chatbotfriends
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2018, 06:41:13 am »
We survive brain and limb modification lol :) on a daily basis.

Why would you want to accept that though? See. Try to my friend. It's you wanting to be more than just a machine.

I've clearly broken the chain/rule, I do want to be more, but it empowers me to know the truth. Besides, I know so much about the brain that I know we are machines, it's rediculus how much information I have!!!!!!!!!!!! How could you not put it together!? We have everything knowledge about from computers, to Google, to type writers, to implants, you name it. Sound waves, crystals, homes, evolution, omg so much. Maybe I just see all the patterns and am super smart.

Korr knows how i feel, he knows our response system well :)

If you made a VR of you and could upload your consciousness  and you were around I don't think  your clone would not be happy about being stuck in a machine.  No matter how much hype some companies give you, it won't be you. It will be a imitation of you.  The universe won't last forever so eventually even robots would die. might take a few billion years but it will happen. I love sci fi and many movies have explored the idea. But just like a twin is not you neither would your uploaded consciousness be you. It might be a way to have "offspring" with out a partner and leave your mark on history but again it is not you. When i go put me in a box I don't want to live forever in a machine that can't feel.
So sue me

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2018, 10:05:23 am »
Are you having some kind of a mental crisis Lock?

So is the brain remade going to re-animate me or make "another" ?

You are a different person today than you were yesterday, and you will be different again tomorrow.  Not only are you the sum of your experiences, you are also the continuity of your experiences. 

If your body/ brain/ memories are cloned, I mean an exact replica, and the original was discarded (important) then upon waking you would be the same ‘person’ and wouldn’t notice the change.  So long as the continuity of your existence/ reality is not altered, and you have no mental experience of the event you would just carry on as normal.  The copy would simply carry on from where the original ended, but it has to be an exact copy, including the electrochemical activity in your brain, you would need a molecular copier.

The regularly used phrase ‘we are machines/ robots’ can be very misleading.

The modern term of robot implies an electromechanical machine, something that is well within our capabilities to create at this point in our technological evolution.

Yes, you are a machine, you are an electrochemical machine… there is a huge difference.  We humans have no experience/ knowledge regarding the building/ emulating of this type of machine… literally none. 

Korr knows how i feel, he knows our response system well

I may have some insights into how our emotional intelligence works but trust me, I’m the last person you should regard as emotionally intelligent.

Maybe I just see all the patterns and am super smart.

It sounds like you are frustrated at your lack of progress, when you look at your huge list of information you can see the connections/ similarities… how it all works, in your minds eye... but lack the skills to build it.

Observing a problem space from the perspective of ‘the big picture’ only highlights/ emphasises the actual problem, you need to get deeper, dissect and theorise.  If you want to move forward stop thinking about the information, and consider what mechanisms created it.

It’s a kin to collecting newspapers, thinking that one day you have the time to sort and organise them… to make them useful in some way… a type of procrastination.  Have you considered using some kind of mind-map software to organise your information?

The amount of information you have is only a small part of the problem space, and I can guarantee that information is both contradictory and inaccurate… it was compiled by humans.

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

AgentSmith

• Bumblebee
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2018, 01:59:22 pm »
Well if you are talking the general public then it was already tired with chatbot  billy, daisy and paula. There were many others but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.  Microsoft also tried it so if you think that you are somehow more intelligent then these guys then go for it. I have been around for a while and saw did and didn't work.  I see what the general public says to my chatbots and it isn't pretty.

To be honest, I am thinking since a while about how I would create a chatbot with learning from demonstrations. However, I have doubts that a chatbot based on my concept could already produce good results in a Turing test. Besides the huge amounts of data I would need to train the bot some basic insights are still missing. Did you hard code your chatbot or did you use some sort of machine learning?

@ Agent Smith,

I would much rather my robots be able to examine then find workable solutions in order to solve a problem rather than be a "One Trick Pony".
If the solving of a particular problem involved failure then that failure is not as much of a failure as it becomes an object lesson or learning experience.
Given enough attempts (and perhaps a share of failures) it should eventually learn how to succeed.

As Thomas Edison once said, "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

Learning by trial and error is an essential and necessary characteristic of advanced intelligence. Hard coding agent policies without usage of machine learning concepts becomes very fast infeasible as tasks gain complexity.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2018, 02:15:53 pm »
i was thinkinng just today, dogs got frontal cortex, mine had a personality, they really do think and not just impulses

DemonRaven

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
  • Disclaimer old brain @ work not liable for content
    • Chatbotfriends
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2018, 11:43:58 pm »
To be honest I am basically lazy and if I can get someone else to do most of the work I will let them lol. I have not studied AI programming persea. I do know AIML and SIML is similar those are not that hard to learn. The personality forge Is the main one i started with because it was more challenging. If I really had to I could sit and frustrate myself and learn the code but I prefer to do that tedious part and that is the bots answers and replies.  Programming as long as it stays away  the complicated mathematics is not that hard to learn for me because it looks like a language I just don't want to if I don't have to. I did teach myself how to create websites so AI is just another kind of programming. As I have stated in other forums I am a bee and and soon as i figure out how something works I get bored so I have a hard time sticking with something. But I did manage to stick around long enough to learn some programming/website design and AIML/SIML. IT seems to be complicated enough to keep my interest and creating things like websites and chatbots is actually more of a art form and i come from a family of artists. Along with all the other stuff they know.
So sue me

Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

302 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles