Language intelligence - brainstorm

• 14 Replies

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
Language intelligence - brainstorm
« on: October 25, 2018, 11:35:12 pm »
Everybody do the brainstorm. Add your 4 cents.

What makes a language intelligence / AGI? Remember, this is a brainstorm, make sure to emphasize on giving a list of ideas or responses. You may add an abstract like I did.

I'll start.

Language Intelligence / AGI is:

what when where who why how
categories, trees, recursion
answers in questions out, questions out answers in
language, reasoning, thoughts, beliefs, generations, proofs, contradictions
Time
network
sequential data, static data.
asking the internet or humans when you don't have the answers
XOR AND NOR NAND

I'm wondering, am I missing something. No that's not everything above. But I'm curios. You know how we talk to someone, we respond, we say our own question, we ask why, or who, if something pops in we have linked facts to it, maybe we'll do some language things like ask or link to facts like "But who could it be" or "but does this loop" or "why do I ask why" or......this is hard to explain, hmm, what I mean is, is there other modularities or forms of thinking, or ways we think? I can do XOR using mseveral conditions, or pull something between time A & B periods. Or like um what when where who why how, or time, or loops, or self reference, or category facts, or Q in A out A in Q out, what else do we DO? How do we think, or respond, or prove something by just thinking, or re-organize our facts trees, or move negative reward to crap we want to make sure is known to be totally wrong, or XOR?????????????????????????????????
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
Re: Language intelligence - brainstorm
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 05:29:10 am »
If someone asks a question you remember experiences you had which are similar to it.  Then you state your conclusions. Then tell them what happened in order to justify the conclusions so you can both be in agreement, to increase both people's confidence that the answer is correct. (ask respond explain confirm) 

Tone, pitch, and speed, modulation increase band-with

Vocabulary increases precision

Needs motivations to use language (both to ask and respond)

Needs motivations unrelated to language

Needs understanding of tools, then you can approach language like figuring out a tool

Need to predict probability of causal relationships in linear time (not casual, that might be a somewhat esoteric skill lol)

Needs internal translation from the efficient internal thinking (visual/emotional/VR ) into words which can be conveyed. I'm positive we don't just use words for thinking. (possibly with the exception of you Lock, I seem to remember a debate between you and Korr)

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 05:36:03 am »
You got any change for a Nickle?  They pretty much outlawed cents here in Canada. I could probably find 4  cents under the couch pillows but they wouldn't be worth anything. I mean, you could try melting them down for the copper but I think the modern ones are plated. :P
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 07:37:56 am by Hopefully Something »

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 01:19:57 pm »
Language intelligence is understanding words, symbols, meaning/context and usage (grammar) along with how and when to apply them.
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 01:43:18 pm »
In my brain I use words/frontal cortex plus vision words (not frontal cortex)........something like that......because I have planning thoughts, and I use static visual data over thought-like sequences (non-sensory). As for emotion, I call this rewards in brain, because the only reason korr etc talk about it would be to functionally reward senses/actions, not the smiles or, ok thoughts, but that's not emotion in the sense of emotion anymore, but rather thought for reward.

I like the (the below is modded)
---probablistics one, true.
---Also the precision upping, but not needed in text, even punctuation can be avoided using correct words.
---"If someone asks a question you remember experiences you had which are similar to it.  Then you state your conclusions. Then tell them what happened in order to justify the conclusions so you can both be in agreement, to increase both people's confidence that the answer is correct. (ask respond explain confirm)"
---understanding words and phrases and higher. Really all is symbols, just its data of real world whether vision or text. Text can say red zit on bottom of nose of old pig at farm, vision can too just intensively.
---context yes
---correct parts of speech, grammar yes
---yes response with fav answers

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 11:14:52 pm »
Language could boil down to idea compression through symbolism to speed up transmission.  It gets packed and unpacked at each end by contextual knowledge. Remember how korr was telling us about the eye compressing visual data in the optic nerve and then unpacking it in the visual cortex at a crazy ratio. Seems like it would be a similar principle.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 01:39:41 pm »
The idea of Compression in AGI is so important, it's used for many many things.

spydaz

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • Developing Conversational AI (Natural Language/ML)
    • Spydaz_Web
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 11:59:33 pm »
Language intelligence is understanding words, symbols, meaning/context and usage (grammar) along with how and when to apply them.

The question arises ?

do Artificial intelligence's need to have a language?

Is it true language is just a collection of @labels@.... ?

Is language a necessary sign of sentience ? or just the ability to communicate.....

to learn to walk ... does not take language? ..... how many other functions do not require language?

A neural network could be perceived as an artificial intelligent created function with the ability to solve problems as well as simulate emotions or whatever can be perceived or translated into some Mathematical Equation or Smart algorithm (machine learning function) .....how should it communicate?

hmm...Chat bot programming, "Natural language processing" , @Language intelligence@ .... All fine lines....

Maybe

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 01:00:40 am »
learning to walk is language
solving problems is language
knowing anything is language
vision is language
frontal cortex is language
math is language, not the other way around
programming is language

everything no matter what it is, is a sequence of matter in space time.......ever notice language says matter space and time words?

push
chair
here

time/photons
matter
space

verb
object
predicate

"I was a at the apple market yesterday, and boy did she run past me so fast. I contemplated what device she would love."

OVP vs VOP ? LSTM remember forget!

octavianulici

• Roomba
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2018, 01:26:19 pm »
Rather, a philosophical approach: www.eternal.center or www.endless.center
The matter is focused on language, the only way to the mind of man.
Is it a novelty or just stupid?

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • All your words are belong to us.
    • Demonica
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2018, 03:17:34 pm »
In my brain I use words/frontal cortex plus vision words (not frontal cortex)........something like that......because I have planning thoughts, and I use static visual data over thought-like sequences (non-sensory).
*snip*
---"If someone asks a question you remember experiences you had which are similar to it.  Then you state your conclusions. Then tell them what happened in order to justify the conclusions so you can both be in agreement, to increase both people's confidence that the answer is correct. (ask respond explain confirm)"

I may be misinterpreting your meaning, but that's not how my mind works at all.

I am a product of my environment and a composite of my past experiences in regard to the life I've led. I don't have to access old memories to know what to do. There is no compartmentalization, I am fully integrated. I think on the fly and make snap judgements as necessary.  I am also a strong believer in following my instincts and going with my gut feelings.

Where you use "ask respond explain confirm" I apply "stimulus-response-consequences". Planning for me can take place on different levels. From current event type planning to deep almost subconscious thought where I know what to do when it comes time to do it to steer events.

I see things in a very black and white manner with little gray space between. I can't play chess worth a darn but can beat Zebra Othello, supposedly the strongest of the games last time I played, almost every time. That's how people used to cheat playing Othello on Yahoo. They would input your moves into Zebra then use its move as theirs. Good luck with that. :)

Edited for what I hope is clarity.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 04:31:07 pm by ruebot »
In time, you will learn to love your Robot Overlords.

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2018, 09:39:40 pm »
I think you're right. For the "ask respond explain confirm" sequence in some conversations,  the "respond" is a gut feeling, (which you can later try to justify if there is sufficient doubt or interest from you or the other person). That's clever with the online games.

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • All your words are belong to us.
    • Demonica
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2018, 11:47:45 pm »
Reading my own writing I was struck by how animalistic it seemed in base responses.
In time, you will learn to love your Robot Overlords.

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2018, 05:46:32 am »
Right? That's food for thought regarding AGI development. In fiction AI's are so logical and thorough that it's creepy. On some level, that's how we think they will turn out, or how they should be. People seem to treat emotions like souls, as something beyond the ken of computers.

octavianulici

• Roomba
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2018, 09:55:22 am »
We believe that what we call "word" has a personal impression for each one and he also has an effect on another wordthe one outside the being, the one we now call real. Meanings of all words, or of the most important, or especially of the ”unspoken”, creates the inner world of each one, the world to which we relate first. We consider every single person the owner of a unique code of interpretation of his inner world.
Through the word we can identify the true Self. Or rather say what we call soul. Once identified, this soul can be simulated. An individualized operating program.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

262 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 296. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles