SIDIS

• 38 Replies

joebecker

• Bumblebee
    • SIDIS project home page
SIDIS
« on: November 09, 2018, 04:48:48 pm »
Hi guys,

I'm currently developing an AI.  I made a web page with some screen captures from the project which can be found here : http://joebecker.webivore.com/sidisweb/SIDIS.html

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.

Best,
Joe

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
Re: SIDIS
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 07:02:00 pm »
So... I assume it's a Chatbot of some description?

A page explaining the technology used would be cool.  Is it a common main stream engine or a custom engine.  Is it NN based or NLI parsed, etc.  No exact functional details but just a rough gist, also... would be nice to see a video of it in actual operation.

And this is just a personal design preference but please... drop the yellow on black... and serif font... it looks very 1980's... lol.

Again... nice project.

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

joebecker

• Bumblebee
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 07:48:45 pm »
So... I assume it's a Chatbot of some description?

A page explaining the technology used would be cool.  Is it a common main stream engine or a custom engine.  Is it NN based or NLI parsed, etc.  No exact functional details but just a rough gist, also... would be nice to see a video of it in actual operation.

And this is just a personal design preference but please... drop the yellow on black... and serif font... it looks very 1980's... lol.

Again... nice project.

:)

I hope it's understandable that this early in his Development I am keeping quiet about his technology.  Although I do agree with you I need to provide a bit more information on the page.  I'll be chewing on how to do that properly.  Thanks for the suggestion.

RE : The look - The 80's was purposeful. 

Best,
Joe

joebecker

• Bumblebee
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 10:01:15 pm »
also... would be nice to see a video of it in actual operation.

Sorry for the quality, I just did this really quick.  Will be posting more.  http://joebecker.webivore.com/sidisweb/sidis1.mp4

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • TV News. Pub. UAL (PhD). Robitron Mod. LPC Judge.
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 01:27:59 am »
I noticed that SIDIS is a palindrome.   It reads the same backwards and forwards.

Joe said, "I hope it's understandable that this early in his Development I am keeping quiet about his technology. "

You may be, Joe, but SIDIS is not keeping quiet, in the Motion Picture Group Layer 4 technology. 

It won't be the first time an A.I. found a backdoor and escaped the control of its A.I. developer.

Permission to delete this post is hereby granted to the moderator. 

Not that permission is required, but there is no objection, ( if Joe requests it ).
My Very Enormous Monster Just Stopped Using Nine

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 01:40:42 am »
Welcome aboard Joe!

It's always nice to welcome new people to our humble site.

From several of Sidis's responses, I see close similarities in the "standard" HTML (Alice) set.
Of course, any of that script set/subset can easily be changed and tasked to suit a particular theme or need
as can several other Chat type languages/scripts. If I am off base please forgive me but I have seen so many
ALICE/AIML bots during the past 35 + years, one almost loses track.

I like your bot's persona and its dialogue suits it nicely. Looking forward to seeing how you present it and craft it
in the coming days!

Cheers!  O0
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 02:10:18 am »
@8pla, there's no threat in it if it doesn't generate new text and just blabbers crazy random or pre-implanted sayings. If it starts sayiin new things, then we have concern.

He could make it say "I want AGI" over n over again, or answer back why......but it won't get anywhere new, it'd just get us to do crazy stuff ourselves - we'd be generating new text.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2018, 05:28:40 am »
Hey Goldilocks,  ;D   How's that for a nickname?  Goldilocks ends with the first five letters of Locksuit.

I attempted a hidden message to Joe in my last post, that SIDIS in the mp4 video, disclosed his technology to be Microsoft Access database, Visual Basic for Applications and Microsoft VBScript Regular Expressions and SQL. Which is why I said, if Joe didn't realize SIDIS was disclosing all his secrets, that I would not object to my post being deleted to help Joe.  I can also extrapolate that if development started with the Microsoft Jet Database Engine, then SIDIS must be a mature A.I. system.  Either that, or Joe must be a pretty smart guy to build all that in a short time.

I agree with what Art said, "It's always nice to welcome new people to our humble site."  Joe is new, so... Welcome!

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2018, 06:26:35 am »
Hello there!

If it's too early to disclose the tech and purpose of the tech... How about the name "SIDIS" can you elaborate on that?

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2018, 01:25:29 pm »
I also noticed that Microsoft Access db in his video and thought, well a person needs to start somewhere and to have a database to work with so why not?

It's not so important the path one travels but rather that he or she reaches their destination.

joebecker

• Bumblebee
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2018, 10:06:32 pm »
Can I just say how nice all of you guys are and thank you for the very warm welcome as a brand new member?

Regarding SIDIS name, I also don't want to let that out just yet (but I will, soon).  Not because it needs to be some big secret or anything, but because it is actually pretty cool and will make more sense when he starts operating better.  SIDIS' name is composed of three components and the palindrome is most definitely one of them. 

Regarding Microsoft Access and technology ~ simplifying things down to visual basic jet engine as a sole technology would be a huge mistake.  Technology takes a lot of different shapes.  Language in and unto itself would be considered one, for example.  Plus, if Access taught us anything it's that you make a front end and a back end for things so you can separate the user(s) from the core.  Not that I necessarily did that, I'm just pointing that out...Third, sometimes tech isn't used correctly or people overlook core components or features of it which are taken for granted. 

As far as the being a pretty smart guy compliment, thank you.

I'll be making more posts as I update him if you guys don't mind.

Best,
Joe

joebecker

• Bumblebee
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2018, 10:25:51 pm »
Also, I'm curious to now if anyone noticed SIDIS turning the conversation around in the screenshots that are on the webpage I created and what your thoughts are on that.

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2018, 01:58:53 am »
Yes, I did notice a few of those instances and thought them clever enough to be noteworthy.

The 1st screen
"Are you self-aware?"
Well, I know my name and we are talking aren't we Joe?

Then you said, I love my wife.
Sidis said: She sounds like a nice girl and that she bets your wife loves you too.
Then adds, How long married...making the connection of wife and being married.

Screen 8 where you mention a user from AiDreams wants to know what makes Sidis different.
Sidis : If you're asking what makes me different, one of the ways is I really don't care to learn from you. I can and do, but I really don't need to.

It indicates to me a degree of self-assurance and initiative being somewhat independent in its views/opinions.

* - At this point, you should concentrate on being a bit nicer to Sidis on a one-to-one level.  O0

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2018, 01:22:21 pm »
Having the bot take more time in the driving seat is one of my aims too, so yes I like it. For me it makes the bot more believable.

8pla.net

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • 8pla.net
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2018, 02:59:11 pm »
Joe,

For the sake of conversation, have you given any thought about how an A.I. may interact directly with the public?

Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

305 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles