Prediction Herobots - The 1st Biannual International AI Challenge

• 9 Replies
CosmicBC is holding a biannual international AI challenge to develop blockchain-based AI algorithms for classification, regression and prediction of crypto-currency price. We are encouraging all undergraduate/graduate students with interest in AI and blockchain technology to participate and we believe this competition would be a great opportunity for students to explore their talents and challenge their creative juices as well as gain a chance to develop an AI model that could potentially be of service.

There is also a grand prize worth $100,000 USD for the team with the winning AI model.

Registration is accepted until the end of the qualification round, 28 December 2018.
For more information, please visit our website ( www.predictionherobots.com ).

« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 05:28:36 am by predictionherobots »

squarebear

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
  • It's Hip to be Square
Re: Prediction Herobots - The 1st Biannual International AI Challenge
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 09:17:11 am »
"Every member must be enrolled as an undergraduate/graduate student within the same university. "

Why the intellectual elitism? Are only university students deemed intelligent enough to take part?
Feeling Chatty?
www.mitsuku.com

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 02:14:04 am »
"Every member must be enrolled as an undergraduate/graduate student within the same university. "

Why the intellectual elitism? Are only university students deemed intelligent enough to take part?

Hi there, we are only accepting students to take part in this competition as half of the grand prize is a scholarship.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 01:06:36 pm »
Hi there, we are only accepting students to take part in this competition as half of the grand prize is a scholarship.

Then Why Post here on our public AI forum when we are not University students? This post is almost akin to SPAM if not applicable to the members here, but for the sake of information being conducted in other fields, I suppose it might be of interest to some.

It's kind of like saying, "We're having a contest, but you can't play". Why bother taunting at all?

Thanks, Squarebear!
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 09:45:26 am »
The whole thing about cryptocurrencies is irresponsible. If P != NP, then everything's cool, but if P = NP, it would be that there is no safe method to secure any data (including cryptocurrencies), and it is still not known which is the case. As far as I can see, people are gambling with this one. People are basing whole systems on the presumption that P != NP, including this competition that even scheduled its appearance once in a two years.

And if one day some kid comes with P = NP solution, all those card castles would be crushed. Pretty much a lot of card castles. A global crisis is smiling at us all the time, and what do we do? We risk. Very irresponsible. At least prove that P != NP.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 10:16:01 am by ivan.moony »

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 06:03:13 am »

Then Why Post here on our public AI forum when we are not University students? This post is almost akin to SPAM if not applicable to the members here, but for the sake of information being conducted in other fields, I suppose it might be of interest to some.

It's kind of like saying, "We're having a contest, but you can't play". Why bother taunting at all?

Thanks, Squarebear!

Hi Art, apologies if this thread may seem like a spam. As this is a public AI forum, we thought there could also be university graduates and undergraduates or even professors who might be a member here, thus we created this thread to share our challenge in hopes to reach out to as many as we can.

Should it still be deemed as inappropriate or as spam, do let us know and we will take it down ASAP. Sorry if we have caused any inconvenience to the forum and the members.

WriterOfMinds

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • WriterOfMinds Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 07:06:47 pm »
I'm not a student either, but that does not guarantee that there are no students who read this forum.  If anyone wants my two cents, I think it is fine to post an announcement targeted at students here.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 07:11:33 pm »
I feel it's fine too, yes perhaps it has a limited scope here, but we have had a number of students pass through over the years. It can't hurt to help promote it.

squarebear

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
  • It's Hip to be Square
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2018, 09:45:42 am »
I didn't see it as spam but do get annoyed when contests are only open to university students only, as everyone should have an equal chance of entering. Set up a contest for whites only and see how that goes!  >:(
Feeling Chatty?
www.mitsuku.com

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2018, 10:30:00 am »
I thought it was a particular university. It's not. It's international.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

257 Guests, 1 User

Most Online Today: 346. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles