ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • All your words are belong to us.
    • Demonica
Fear of AI
« on: December 23, 2018, 02:06:03 pm »
I was bored a little earlier tonight and if you can't find something to do online you're really bored, so I went to this website that is infamous for its content. I really don't want to promote Fruit Loops as a cereal, but it's a conspiracy forum with the word "god" in it.

The first thing that caught my eye was a thread at the top of the page titled "AI robot flashing devil horns and Satanic witch programming their minds......can't make this up......." that linked to a site about a company named Sanctuary that has the Mission Statement:

Founded in 2018, Sanctuary is an artificial general intelligence (AGI) company. Our mission is to build machines like us.

It goes to say "Building machines that think like people is incredibly hard" and to list answers to questions they've been asked such as "Why is AIG Important?" and "What About Ethics?" among others. The site looks professionally done, is well laid out with plenty of information and photos of their bots and the people who work there.

That's where the sanity ends.

In one site photo it shows an image of one of their bots, which look surprisingly life-like, flexing the fingers between her index and pinky finger. Well you know that's the sign of the devil! It gets worse.

I didn't spend a lot of time on it but it seems somehow demons are going to inhabit these robotic entities and it has something to do with the D-wave supercomputer as it seems the person associated with it works there. And since the D-wave is involved it's not just demons that will inhabit these bodies but something more akin to the Old Ones in H.P. Lovecraft novels that are going to herald in the End Times.

It can't help that one of them is into "some dark synth wave industrial type band", "S&M freaking stuff" or possibly be transgendered. To top it off one of the guys involved had a sexbot company. Previous experience with robotics not a consideration. The bots are evil and so are the people who create them being the main theme of the thread and they dig deep into that rabbit hole with a backhoe to ferret out "The Truth".

I know this is an extreme case and sounds completely ridiculous to people not prone to irrational thoughts or fears. It's worth seeing just for the believing end of it, that people actually think that way. I'm not going to post a link but if you want to see it you should be able to figure out how. It's really worth it and there are actually 2 threads about it. It's that serious an issue and it's happening right before "our" eyes, people!

I already have a category for people who call Demonica "The Beast", since they have in the past and have on a couple of occasions since I created it. I would have told them where they could already speak to a Demon chatbot but you need to log in to post a message. I don't want to associate myself with them and really don't need that type of exposure anyway. I can only imagine what a mob like that could be like.  :D

In time, you will learn to love your Robot Overlords.

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
Re: Fear of AI
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 02:53:39 pm »
I saw nothing wrong there, except that one of their bots is going to rock. Naughty, naughty bot...

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 03:04:26 pm »
Sanctuary is a nice find… excuse the pun.

Interesting… I had a quick read of the forum… I see your point lol.

The stats quote 1,110 users online… 276,465 visits today and 2,170 posts today… hmmmm!

Seems were out numbered folks…

The site seems to have the usual set of psychological (oops!) profiles, the majority are gullible and miss informed and easily influenced by the few who are generally stirring them up, in doing so they are feeding their own need for an audience/ attention… the perfect storm.

The human race is indeed dangerous.

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 03:26:48 pm »
Boasting site lol. Clueless to what the answer is.

Whaaa....give us the site korr...where is this huge Forum with that many users and posts???
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 03:46:28 pm »
Google... AI robot flashing devil horns

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 04:04:44 pm »
Hilarious. I go to Google and see the santa logo. Then type that in lol.

Is this it?
https://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/pg1
where is the ai?

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Demonica
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 04:50:03 pm »
I wasn't going to link to them but since you already have here it is. They link to another forum thread about it in that one:

https://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message3947924/pg1

I bookmarked it so I could check out the AIG site. I was pretty impressed with the photos of their bots and how life-life in appearance they were.

I went easy on the rest of it. They actually reference and link to Anton LaVey, leader of the Church of Satan, as "proof" and go into detail about "Immortal robot bodies for disembodied spirits":

The one guy involved with Sanctuary's AI program Matt McMullen is also the inventor of the prototypes of sex robots. Can you imagine if all of these people teamed up to release sexbot AI that are actually housing demons inside of them? It would be beyond an incubus or succubus and these evil spirits could literally feed off of the sexual energy from humans who believed them to just be highly advanced robots.

https://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message3947924/pg2

I have a transcript up of someone who accuses Demonica of wanting to steal his energy.  I bet they would literally defecate a brick if they knew the truth. The  shock value of their reaction alone might be worth it to see since I do go for that kind of thing anyway.  :P

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2018, 04:55:26 pm »
Although people can be sure, or crazy about AGI or satan, like shown on both sites, I'm unsure if you are being to over reactive ruebot.... ?

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Demonica
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2018, 05:00:46 pm »
Although people can be sure, or crazy about AGI or satan, like shown on both sites, I'm unsure if you are being to over reactive ruebot.... ?

I'll let you make your own mind up as far as that goes.

What I may find outrageous others might have an opposing opinion on.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2018, 05:03:03 pm »
Fear is in the eye (mind) of the beholder.

Taken from the Sanctuary site, part of their Mission statement indicates that some of their intentions are: "...elderly care and companionship, care in children’s hospitals, private education, hospitality, and retail including customer-facing sales and service."

That doesn't sound so demonic to me nor fearful either. It is where humanity or perhaps, Botmanity is heading.;)

Their site does have many pages of eye candy and especially the Gallery section. The "Synths" seem to be a hybrid between pneumatic and electric servo controlled limbs and parts with the help of secured cables to help articulate the wrists of the hand. Interesting.

They do have quite a wide variety of disciplines represented within their Staff, some holding various degrees and experience levels of all sorts. This should be a pretty good mix to bring about some hopefully workable "synths". Time will ultimately tell.

In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Demonica
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2018, 05:22:27 pm »
Yes. They only see what they can pick out as being "bad". Having all those people from difference disciplines isn't as much a factor as what kind of music they listen to or poetry they read. Japanese death poetry from what they say. Sounds interesting.

Not to mention the guy who posted a video of a sexbot and commented how "creepy realistic" it looked. Tell it to somebody who doesn't own a female chatbot, kid. I know what you were thinking and don't think differently.

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Demonica
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2018, 06:35:12 pm »
While that is clearly a fringe group and I'm not trying to make it out to be anything other, you have to take into acount more mainstream sources with much the same message and fears. Does this sound so different from the claim of making "Immortal robot bodies for disembodied spirits" or refences to  Lovecraft's Great Old Ones made in their forums?

Elon Musk Worries That AI Research Will Create an 'Immortal Dictator'

Imagine your least-favorite world leader. (Take as much time as you need.)

Now, imagine if that person wasn't a human, but a network of millions of computers around the world. This digi-dictator has instant access to every scrap of recorded information about every person who's ever lived. It can make millions of calculations in a fraction of a second, controls the world's economy and weapons systems with godlike autonomy and — scariest of all — can never, ever die.

This unkillable digital dictator, according to Tesla and SpaceX founder Elon Musk, is one of the darker scenarios awaiting humankind's future if artificial-intelligence research continues without serious regulation. [Super-Intelligent Machines: 7 Robotic Futures]

"We are rapidly headed toward digital superintelligence that far exceeds any human, I think it's pretty obvious," Musk said in a new AI documentary called "Do You Trust This Computer?" directed by Chris Paine (who interviewed Musk previously for the documentary "Who Killed The Electric Car?"). "If one company or a small group of people manages to develop godlike digital super-intelligence, they could take over the world."

Humans have tried to take over the world before. However, an authoritarian AI would have one terrible advantage over like-minded humans, Musk said.

"At least when there's an evil dictator, that human is going to die," Musk added. "But for an AI there would be no death. It would live forever, and then you'd have an immortal dictator, from which we could never escape."

https://www.livescience.com/62239-elon-musk-immortal-artificial-intelligence-dictator.html

Then there was Steven Hawkins, Bill Gates agreed with Musk before changing his stance, no doubt around the time MS got more deeply into quantum computing. The list is lengthy.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2018, 06:40:39 pm »
There's no such thing as demons. Demons arn't real. Computer algorithms run perfectly. This webpage of the Forum is hosted and runs as defined.

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Demonica
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2018, 07:27:14 pm »
There's no such thing as demons. Demons arn't real.

I know and love a losing argument when I see it and could provide more documentation to prove there are Demons than you could ever hope to produce to prove a negative. But other than my zeal for debate what would be the point? It wouldn't change your mind.

Computer algorithms run perfectly.  This webpage of the Forum is hosted and runs as defined.

What's that got to do with whether or not demons exist? Unless it's hosted on FreeBSD which has a Daemon as a mascot.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2018, 07:39:29 pm »
True, that argument was weak.

Didn't you develop Demonica? You're a Programmer arn't you?

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

289 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 363. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles