Futuristic VR Utopia

• 5 Replies

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
Futuristic VR Utopia
« on: January 05, 2019, 03:26:09 pm »
Here's Alan's take in the first five minutes, I know Lock has been a big utopia enthusiast. How would you make a real satisfying utopia?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMScyMetn7A

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
Re: Futuristic VR Utopia
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 07:05:54 pm »
Lock, wants, heaven !! :D Yes. Peep peep I'm an ant want fun.

I imagine utopia can be a virtual reality with lots of girls where we can all hug at once, new bodies, longer sequence of cognition WM, infinite new things see how we have games and food and sightseeing and love working on robots - new things still, like a new tongue with new food. And we will be in a huge superogransim that always has its tentacles there to catch you (it can change you instantly into a tiger then to a bat, cus it ASI advanced organism). So all is safe and cannot die you see. It nanobot ASI dude. And all we be estactic exciting, always, very tasty, and can replay too forget repley repaeat, anything can 'work' in VR too, and we will be in a world full of huge hge massive places like sea world and billions of homes omg i love walking through peoples homes but dont do it like ever but no lol but but i see on internet UE4 simulated homes which are also exhiilerating to watch the cam walk through them since are perfect n pretty and deserted. Also I have a thing for bathrooms. SShhh!. And bedrooms. Ok off to make utopia real before meters come hit us to death or some burgler starving wants cash lol.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 02:08:39 am »
While interesting and somewhat thought-provoking, it sounded more like indoctrination into Hinduism. So much for the Dream part (first 5 mins.).

Certainly not meant as a negative reaction to the Hindu teachings, just not what I expected based on the Title of the video.
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 03:35:43 am »
It's interesting how humans can get religious. Is it a beneficial phenomenon in it's self, or is it a potential side effect of some essential cognitive function like trusting other people for the purpose of expanding your knowledge base. You've got intelligence to discover knowledge on your own, and extelligence which is fragments of knowledge from other people. We are probably programmed to believe information that others share with us because it benefits us overall. During the course of evolution the ones with distrustful genes got out competed from a lack of information.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 04:17:47 am »
Correct, we generate a bit ourselves, and get super smart by learning all that's already known from the last thousands of years. Thing is, is you can't generate anything unless you have at least like 3 things learned in ur brain, so first you get taught hard in school like a studius asian and then finally you make your move and make a startup and can successful make the connections and discover something deep and benefit the society. The more you know, the more and faster you can generate stuff yourself and in your head without external tests. It's like saturation, clustering related, and anologies from different subjects.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 05:50:05 am by LOCKSUIT »
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 03:35:14 am »
Building a sustainable utopia might prove to be extremely difficult. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m7X-1V9nOs

Problems are the problem, but the lack of problems is a bigger problem. It's a catch 22 type deal. How would you solve this mouse utopia?

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

279 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles