Luis - Addendum

• 4 Replies

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
Luis - Addendum
« on: January 13, 2019, 07:19:26 pm »
Sorry, I omitted this final segment of Luis and his chatbot, LUNA. This way others can see that Luna is not Just a run-of-the-mill AIML bot that's hard-coded or pre-scripted but actually (allegedly) connected to Watson and Wolfram Alpha from which to obtain factual information. One thing that reportedly distinguishes Luna from others like Alexa, Cortana, and others is that it can actually have a conversational exchange with the user(s).

While there are many stories on the net, this one is rather interesting. If it is really legit, it could open a lot of doors for all sorts of needed social applications and situations.

http://futureculturemagazine.blogspot.com/p/interview-with-luis-arana.html

Make your own opinions from this post as I am in no way, connected to nor affiliated with Luis or Luna, etc.
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
Re: Luis - Addendum
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 10:52:44 pm »
Oh, this is the creator talking...haha...

Well, if this is true, then this blows my AI out of the water! Whew! I'm going to take up golfing now.

The first thing that comes to my mind is the chat logs shown are all about the company/beneficiary. Why not ask it "How do I open a door?" or "Joe is blue, he is so cool. Foxy is red. Who is cool?" and so on. Grabbing answers is cool, but creating answers to important questions is where any further advances will be made for our civilization. Ask it whatever you want - how many AIs will there be? How do I beat current HDDs performance? Etc.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 02:28:59 am »
Yes Lock,

He is attempting to sort of "showcase" some of the features of his bot whereas an unknown observer or user might not be aware of any of them, especially any important ones.

It is quite capable of answering all sorts of questions where it needs to draw upon existing data sources and not from some canned script somewhere.

Do yourself a favor and search for LUNA or Luis Arana on YouTube and watch some of his videos. Then you can make another assumption.

Blows your AI out of the water... You have an AI? Why haven't we heard of it and where are the demos or text logs?

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 09:39:37 am »
No Art, I don't yet have an AI, I meant my current AI conception/plan.

As for Luna, I gave a try at searching, and by the looks of it it is a good search engine helper and nothing more...it grabs answers on the internet, not invents new answers... Can you provide any evidence of it having language capabilities or inventing new knowledge answers? Ex. what is 'it' refer to in 'the tower is tall, the ball is red, it was too big to fit in the box'

https://www.quora.com/Is-Luis-Aranas-AI-Luna-robot-for-real-or-is-it-a-scam-to-raise-funds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeSqLMIKhBA
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

Art

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 02:00:42 pm »
No Art, I don't yet have an AI, I meant my current AI conception/plan.

As for Luna, I gave a try at searching, and by the looks of it it is a good search engine helper and nothing more...it grabs answers on the internet, not invents new answers... Can you provide any evidence of it having language capabilities or inventing new knowledge answers? Ex. what is 'it' refer to in 'the tower is tall, the ball is red, it was too big to fit in the box'

No, I cannot provide any evidence of its Language capabilities - I have no idea if the program "Luna" is able to speak in languages other than English.

I never mentioned that it invented new knowledge. Most people don't do that either. They draw upon that which they have learned and formulate new conclusions or discoveries.

There are a number of chatbots that are able to perform/respond to those "Winograd schema" type of problems and to also keep track of the "it" in these teasers.

Luis and Luna have been around for a number of years and he's a pretty intelligent programmer and graphics designer (Luna's eyes and later face). I do not think he is running a scam. He is trying to raise social awareness of how AI could help disadvantaged people in certain situations, as far as I know.

Again, I am not affiliated with him in any way so you should really direct your questions to him.  O0

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

296 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 343. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles