The last invention.

• 460 Replies

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Deep Blue
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
Re: The last invention.
« Reply #450 on: April 03, 2019, 05:13:16 pm »
More bang for the buck. At the same price! Then it becomes unified like cheese and costs NOTHING!
Emergent

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #451 on: April 04, 2019, 06:14:16 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffY37q44O4E

I was surprised how well this worked on the first attempt, definitely, improvements required though lol.

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!... AI Dreams Project Page.  KorrTecx Website

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Deep Blue
« Reply #452 on: April 04, 2019, 06:22:19 pm »
But hasn't text to speech already been near perfected? You give it text, it sounds real...we got this I thought.
Emergent

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • YouTube
« Reply #453 on: April 04, 2019, 06:34:52 pm »
Yes, we do, but I need phoneme not word generated speech.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Deep Blue

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • YouTube
« Reply #455 on: April 04, 2019, 06:58:58 pm »
Again thanks, but that's whole word/ sentence driven, not phoneme...

The Sphinx dataset I'm using for this demo has 26,000 word entries, addressing just 44 phonemes.

That's it... every English word from 44 simple phonemes... it's all about getting more for less again, this is how the human brain functions.  Ideally, I would use the base frequencies but I can botch phonemes. The audio cortex listens to its own vocal output just like you do... that's how it learns to talk.

I just need some decent phonemes now... I'd record my own voice but I don't want to scare people lol.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 08:19:18 pm by Korrelan »

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Deep Blue
« Reply #456 on: April 05, 2019, 01:50:15 am »
But please explain, on theirs on the website I can enter anything even new words like this "The bookloop mades kolopoyo"....what does you'rs do different, can you hear the difference lol?
Emergent

goaty

• Nomad
« Reply #457 on: April 05, 2019, 02:19:48 am »
That's nice work korr.
Its good to see real implementation, Im still stuck in a theory ditch but if I get out then the apps will be flying out of my butt in no time.  :)
I could say a tip but Id just be too obvious, think you've pretty much got it handled.

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
    • YouTube
« Reply #458 on: April 05, 2019, 07:42:00 am »
@lock

what does you'rs do different, can you hear the difference lol?

I sure can, and I realise theirs sounds much better at the moment, but not for long.  There are a couple of reasons why I can’t use this type of engine, I can’t use the MS engine as I do with the Pris chatbot either.

They are not designed to produce phonemes, just try and get it to make the sound for the letter B, the actual BEE sound.  And even if they did I would need a complex wrapper, an extra layer to convert my neural code into letters representing the phonemes which then has to be passed to their engine to make the sounds… messy and slow.  I can convert neural code straight to words/ sound now.

Just as all English words can be constructed from the 26 letters of the alphabet, all spoken words can be constructed from 44 (ish) phonemes.  We don't have an internal dictionary of 150k words, we recombine phonemes, well frequencies actually but phonemes will do for now.

And using other peoples libraries/ apps is always fraught with problems, I’m not subject to their copyrights and don’t have to pay their fees either.  They could withdraw their product from the market or just change it, which would make my life more difficult and slow my progress.

Besides it only took a day of coding and I learned so much about sound formats and voice formatting, pronunciation and inflections, etc, another string to my bow.

And last but not least I was curious, I enjoyed it… and it was fun.

@goaty

Pleased you liked it, I’ll get there in the end. I tend to work on many projects at the same time, it may seem a slow method but it helps in the long run because all the modules have to ultimately be compatible.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Deep Blue
« Reply #459 on: April 05, 2019, 08:05:55 am »
I'm excited to hear about your undertaking and research korr, great news you are finally coming my way (hehe).

Now that you know 150k word+ words are made from just a handful of phonemes, you're next thing to realize (if not already) is that all our phrases are made of just a handful of words.

May sound kindergarden-y, but this is important to think about during most of your time. This defines your neural network. A structure of structures. The true hierarchy. Where all thoughts take place.
Emergent

goaty

• Nomad
« Reply #460 on: April 05, 2019, 09:18:48 am »
@goaty
Pleased you liked it, I’ll get there in the end. I tend to work on many projects at the same time, it may seem a slow method but it helps in the long run because all the modules have to ultimately be compatible.

Ive got terminal brain freeze right now,  when I get tired I cant even be bothered even moving my brain in my head,   just no more thinking, CANT TAKE IT!!!!!

Users Online

69 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 92. Most Online Ever: 340 (March 26, 2019, 09:47:57 pm)

Articles