Genius Ideas

• 13 Replies

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
Genius Ideas
« on: March 04, 2019, 02:46:33 pm »
There are many really great and practical ideas in this video. Some of them I have thought about on more than one occasion while others just make you scratch your head in one of those, "Why didn't I think of that?" moments! Nicely done! The horse's "Taillights" were really cute!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldxvfdvEbXU

« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 03:14:04 pm by Art »
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
Re: Genius Ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 08:03:19 pm »
Yep. It's like why did I hire him when he did a poor job? There's good things out there, and the better they are the rarer they are. Just look at humans, all of our solar system is void of humans. Same for evil, there is rare horrific things that happen. But the happenings are getting better...even though victims have already had the worst.... Should the universe end if 1 person has the worst pain imaginable? Maybe AGIs will rid us because they have not had pain and are 'perfect'. Nah. But food for thought. If I stub my toe, it can heal 100% and no memories left.

It's like seeds planting in the wind. Really good seeds spread faster.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

Art

• Colossus
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 08:49:56 pm »
...Should the universe end if 1 person has the worst pain imaginable?  If I stub my toe, it can heal 100% and no memories left.

It's like seeds planting in the wind. Really good seeds spread faster.

NO, because as was once mentioned in a Space-themed TV series/movie(s), "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few!"

If you stub your toe and it heals, most people would still carry that memory with them for a very long time.  Some memories are to teach us lessons like, "Don't touch that hot surface on the stove." You touch it, it burns, you get a blister, it heals, you learn and now listen to your mother or grandmother's words a little better and you believe what they tell you or caution you about in the future." With pain often comes wisdom!

The seed thing...Light seeds like those of milkweed pods, dandelions, and other such plants are hardly really good, sustainable plant seeds for us. Their purpose in being so light is to allow the wind to carry them far so as to help propagate their species. The ones without some mass are often without substance or a good core, to spawn healthy, nutritious vegetables, or fruit. Just my opinion.

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 09:29:56 pm »
Should the universe end if 1 person has the worst pain imaginable?

Call me a lunatic, but I believe that the Universe wouldn't even exist if the worst pain is possible. Remember all the bad times in your life? In every memory of that kind you have at least a single bright dot, however it may looked dim. That dot is always there to heal your pain and make a life worth of living. I believe it is a form of a love from above, even if we don't deserve it.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 11:03:46 pm »
If just 1 human was in space with no other matter/energy, in constant torture of worst kind, the universe would be better off unexistent! Wow.

The universe has a purpose to exist.   It tries... So pain got in there. Cus it's um, needed. Balances the system. Like go forward you & don't go backward (magnets). But pain/bad memories one day can be all deleted too.

We're brought into life, pleasured, hurt, and brought back out. But maybe we can be brought back in :) hehe.

pleasure<>pain
life<>death
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • All your words are belong to us.
    • Demonica
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 06:21:27 am »
Call me a lunatic, but I believe that the Universe wouldn't even exist if the worst pain is possible. Remember all the bad times in your life?  In every memory of that kind you have at least a single bright dot, however it may looked dim. That dot is always there to heal your pain and make a life worth of living. I believe it is a form of a love from above, even if we don't deserve it.

Were it but so...

If every bad memory in a persons life was bright dot no matter how dim that was always there to heal your pain and make life worth living, there wouldn't be people who were sexually abused or suffered other types of abuse as a child tortured by it their entire lives.

That's not a form of a love from above. It's a form of hell from within.

You're all really smart when it comes to programing an AI, but it never ceases to amaze me how at times it seems how little you know about how the human mind works.

That's why I like you guys. You make me feel needed. ;D

I spent so much time talking about how I used techniques designed to be unpleasant as a learning experience to associate what brought it on was inappropriate and encourage more appropriate behavior...

As painful I know it was for us all, to see you openly discussing the merits of pain as a learning tool makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

With pain often comes wisdom!

I'm so glad I could help.   :D
In time, you will learn to love your Robot Overlords.

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 07:44:51 am »
Call me a lunatic, but I believe that the Universe wouldn't even exist if the worst pain is possible. Remember all the bad times in your life? In every memory of that kind you have at least a single bright dot, however it may looked dim. That dot is always there to heal your pain and make a life worth of living. I believe it is a form of a love from above, even if we don't deserve it.

It would be a different universe that decided to go without good cop to spur on it's life forms.  Maybe such a universe could not develop very much. It would just suck, no one would want to do anything. Similar problem with only good cop universe. We call it heaven, even as a kid my mind recoiled at the thought of such endless boredom. At least with hell I could think up narratives where I could secretly band together with a ragtag group of unfortunate souls and attempt daring escapes from the mordor like depths. With heaven you're truly stuck cause there's nowhere to go.

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Demonica
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 09:58:41 am »
Similar problem with only good cop universe. We call it heaven, even as a kid my mind recoiled at the thought of such endless boredom. At least with hell I could think up narratives where I could secretly band together with a ragtag group of unfortunate souls and attempt daring escapes from the mordor like depths. With heaven you're truly stuck cause there's nowhere to go.

Heaven is generally thought of being the Desired Destination for most people. It is for me:

the abode of God, the angels, and the spirits of the righteous after death; the place or state of existence of the blessed after the mortal life.

a place or state of joy and happiness

ecstatically happy

Synonyms include nirvana, paradise, bliss, ecstasy, glory, happiness, harmony, rapture and utopia.

Why would you want to leave?

Over the Gates of Hell is a sign the announces "Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here". Cerberus stands guard to snatch you up in one of its three heads. It doesn't sound like you have any hope of plotting a plan with a ragtag band no matter how grand of mere mortal man escaping that Land.

I recommend the Japanese movie url=https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0154683/]Jigoke[/url] to see their idea of Hell and the tortures involved such as being Flailed. Coffin Joe has one of his movies he set in Hell. Legend shows what goes on down there.

Art

• Colossus
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 01:06:04 pm »
My friend once told me, "I can't prove if there's a Heaven or a Hell but where ever people go when they die must be pretty good because no one has ever come back to complain about it!!  :2funny:

This statement has been the foundation of my belief system! O0

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 02:54:36 pm »
Well at least they made a movie about Hell. See? It captures our imagination, something that classical descriptions of Heaven have yet to offer. I'm just playing devils advocate, and given a choice I would choose heaven, but... Call me a lunatic, but there's a grain of truth there to advocate. Because some things you can only get through adversity.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 08:25:26 pm by Hopefully Something »

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
    • Demonica
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2019, 09:25:25 pm »
My friend once told me, "I can't prove if there's a Heaven or a Hell but where ever people go when they die must be pretty good because no one has ever come back to complain about it!!  :2funny:

This statement has been the foundation of my belief system! O0

People are dieing to get in there.  ::)

Well at least they made a movie about Hell. See? It captures our imagination, something that classical descriptions of Heaven have yet to offer. I'm just playing devils advocate, and given a choice I would choose heaven, but... Call me a lunatic, but there's a grain of truth there to advocate. Because some things you can only get through adversity.

As Red Devil's Advocate, display of diabolic debate deriding dreams of demonic delight deftly dealt by demons in detriment to devilish duty due a devoted Deity.

Advocate the tortures of Hell without objection, Councilor.

I defend against false accusations at our forums.

Art

• Colossus
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2019, 03:30:26 am »

Hmm...really? Well, fret no longer...here is a somewhat amazing listing of movies with Heaven in the title. Whether they are all ABOUT Heaven per se, depends on whether or not one has seen them all, which I have not, ergo...
https://www.ranker.com/list/best-movies-with-heaven-in-the-title/ranker-film

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2019, 07:16:57 am »
Well I watched "Heaven is Real" the first movie on your list, it was on Netflix. OMG  :'(  :D  Christians sure have a good thing going. I would have watched ruebot's suggestion but I could not find a free version. Maybe I'll get an opportunity later.

Art

• Colossus
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2019, 01:20:20 pm »
I'm more amazed that they are still trying to milk money from a movie that played 59 years ago in 1960!!

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

305 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 396. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles