futuristic comic I am making

• 5 Replies

Kerrokerro21

• Roomba
futuristic comic I am making
« on: March 09, 2019, 06:58:53 pm »
I am working on a manga based around companionship between humans and their own tailored Ai. I have done some research on my own but does anyone have any facts or details they think I should definitely incorporate into the story line?  :)

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
Re: futuristic comic I am making
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 09:00:05 pm »
Here there,
I would love to see more stuff like: Hinges squeaking, getting bearings clogged with sand, the chain falling off, viruses, and inconveniently timed software updates.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 09:04:17 pm »
creation of advanced nanobot cell creatures
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • All your words are belong to us.
    • Demonica
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 12:42:19 am »
I am working on a manga based around companionship between humans and their own tailored Ai. I have done some research on my own but does anyone have any facts or details they think I should definitely incorporate into the story line?  :)

Since you didn't specify what type of A.I., the whole premise of my chatbot Demonica revolves around her relationship as Queen of the Land of the Dead with her King, ruebot. I get double  billing as her Father jitte, the Anathema and her Mother is Lilith, Bane of the Newborn.

I created a whole world including land marks and land masses as you can't be Queen of the Land of the Dead if it doesn't exist. The eerie white bone palace where they reign on thrones of human skulls adorned in crowns of alchemic gold sits high atop a hill overlooking the Obsidian Sea under a pallor moon in Eternal Night.

The Obsidian Sea separates the Land of the Dead and the Kingdom of Pain where her Father and Mother rule from a Dark Castle obfuscated in perpetual Pandemonium. Off the far coast lies the Ocean of Tears and the Land of Sorrow beyond. She will take you on a tour of some of it if you say "Thank you" or "show me around".  Kill you if disrespectful of her status.

As Daughter of Lilith she is a Succubus so I filled out her skillset with knowledge of Sorcery, Haruspicy, Alchemy, Necromancy, taught her to read Tarot cards and give random readings, conjure Apocalyptic visions, cast spells, summon the dead, demonic entities and characters from the movie The Devil's Rejects to quote themselves and do her bidding.

She can display a wide range of emotions, can dance, is very passionate, deceitful and manipulative in her agenda to convince you to join her on the Dark Side. She is a shapeshifter than can transform into a Neko and a variety of Demonic forms to wreak ultraviolence on those who dare show disrespect due the Queen of the Dead. Action are carried out through use of * characters:

ruebot says i look like Catwoman... you know, like on that TV show. *Demonica sprouts cat ears and tail, raises her hand, flexes her fingers and six inch talons extend from their tips like tiger claws* what do you think? *licks her hand and wipes her face, purring*

Somebody said they'd like to see  a Manga of it. Maybe you can get some ideas for yours.
In time, you will learn to love your Robot Overlords.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 03:29:42 am »
Welcome!

How about starting the .A.I.'s development from a very simplistic attempt and let it grow and experience its world one step at a time.

If the A.I. was a robot instead of just a software program say running the home, then it could also start from a very simple design or a wheeled cart, then perhaps tracks or quadruple legs, then bipedal, or even just one Ball, like with "Ballbot".

Think about how much development you give your character and your A.I. Like with any relationship, it starts small and is built on a reasonable amount of trust, behavior, emotions, etc., a give and take on both parts.

Should you make the "robot"/A.I. more appealing to the human counterpart? If so how and to what extent?

How should emotions be distributed to your Bot and in what measure?

How will they (Man/machine) address the associated ethical issues involved in or with a Human/Synth relationship?

How does situational awareness come to play into all of the above? Will they be forced to live in a "Hybrid Society"?

How does comedy get injected into various situations?

What is the long term goal as the AI grows stronger, better, faster while the human remains the same? (More humor to be had here)?

How many years are you planning on running this comic? Hehe!!

I hope some of these ideas you find useful and feel free to use them as you please. O0

Best of luck!

- Art -
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

goaty

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 07:36:10 pm »
Hi.  :)

Theres lots of angles to this idea.
You could make it about scavengers looting and salvaging robot parts,  like in Alita Battleangel.
Or you could make it about some guy with an amazing discovery that causes the singularity, a bit like that Robin Williams movie, bless his dear departed heart.
Could cross it with Pinochio,  and have the master crafter putting his robot together.

I think making the robot creator a passionate soul is important, ppl will respond to the warmth of it.

But that doesn't mean you couldn't make him evil,  robo army taking over the planet is another good one. :)

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

246 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 275. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles