• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
A.G.I platforms
« on: May 10, 2019, 02:43:33 pm »
do A.G.I platforms exist ?

for example a platform where any user can add a skill, to some site and
other users can simply choose the skills they want and add them to their A.G.I instance ?

for example : some guy posts a skill : navigate to cheapest supermarket within 10 kilometer range. and some other guy could dl said skill
and add it to his A.G.I.

also what are the pros and cons of said method ?

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
Re: A.G.I platforms
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 03:21:01 pm »
Like a bunch of volunteers suggesting what an AGI ought to be capable of?
Or do you mean some sort of hiring website for job postings and hiring employees?
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 03:33:30 pm »
like a forum and any user can upload a skill he made.
not a suggestion for a skill, the actual skill. and the AGI platform will be able to absorb said skill

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 03:46:11 pm »
the problem with that is humans are humans because they invent the skills, we invent the future actions / future world......but we must move faster.....we need AGI to discover its own plans of action

AGI must do what we do...have desire for food/girls/&DoDads & use its knowledge to discover new desired answers it needs.

WriterOfMinds

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • WriterOfMinds Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 05:21:53 pm »

goaty

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 06:06:01 pm »
An a.i. can be like that,  and its actually a realistic idea.    Having some kind of supersampling + perception system encapsulated by some kind of programmatic drill program seems like a good way to do it.

Boston Dynamics bots are programmed in a similar way I think.   like their "open door" skill , might be a program ontop of the rest of the system.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 11:04:55 am by goaty »

yotamarker

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • battle programmer
    • battle programming
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 11:25:39 pm »
the problem with that is humans are humans because they invent the skills, we invent the future actions / future world......but we must move faster.....we need AGI to discover its own plans of action

AGI must do what we do...have desire for food/girls/&DoDads & use its knowledge to discover new desired answers it needs.

they can add hunger skills invention skills and like that.
eventually such skills would be the most downloaded.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2019, 02:36:44 am »
Best come back ever....

Ok so, these user supplied parts must be able to fit together then to form an AGI.....

So you have skills.....and one skill can create new skills.....hence it is the most used skill......I'm working on that, AGI, but it is a whole system, there's no way to put the parts together by random especially by user parts because my lil system has 0 meaning until all parts work together and all of them have to be built under 1 idea i.e. the goal to generate text, so the same person has to make them all

It is true that parts can be re-used.....yes.......but a great deal of my txt generator is like.....no one would release all the such parts......they are weird when viewed alone.....nor would they combine because my rules are like scan backwards.....save text to txt files in ram....multiply this n this..... kinda like adding a limb to a body VS adding a muscle tissue to a organ.....

You can utilize a image recognizer.....yes.....and connect it to other parts.....but....... I think there is some impossibility of them fitting together because the code is not setup to host the other code variables etc, different inputs/outputs accepted, etc

So all the lil bits you need won't be there.....nor will they fit together.....unless they are general enough...

Ok enough, let's look at that website above....hmm....

I know I said in my own work I would actually need a bit of this, but for the most part, my single tool will be it, in fact all their service uploads are the same thing. Recognize...recognize.....translate.....summarize.....and so on.

So now you're screwed....there is only 1 tool on their site....and it isnt made well. You still need the recognizer/predictor MASTER NETWORK DESIGN.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 04:39:29 am by LOCKSUIT »

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2019, 03:02:24 pm »
Much like with the SingularityNET, everything has a price. Having read through a fair amount of their site and as much of a proponent of Open Source, I sort of found this both understandable and unsettling at the same time...

The SingularityNET founders believe in open source and decentralized control, so that no single individual, corporation, or government will be able to dominate AI as it becomes increasingly more generally intelligent and capable.
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

squarebear

• Trusty Member
  • Terminator
  • It's Hip to be Square
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2019, 06:39:44 pm »
AGI doesn't exist, so there are no platforms for it.
Feeling Chatty?
www.mitsuku.com

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2019, 11:49:55 pm »
Evolution made man....man was given rewards (food etc) which keep him or his DNA offspring alive. Man can make an AGI want to kill everyone. Humans have died before from such exact reason, so there's no golden rule stopping it. Keep it local then? I agree. But then progress is slower too. Best to give he world pieces of it to advance, and have a small but large team of trusty members lol.

goaty

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2019, 02:31:14 pm »
Evolution made man....man was given rewards (food etc) which keep him or his DNA offspring alive. Man can make an AGI want to kill everyone. Humans have died before from such exact reason, so there's no golden rule stopping it. Keep it local then? I agree. But then progress is slower too. Best to give he world pieces of it to advance, and have a small but large team of trusty members lol.

No-one is really in control of it,  why doesn't the world fall apart is what is constantly on my mind.  It doesn't make sense.

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2019, 08:46:00 pm »
Yup, it's weird. Life has somehow outwitted entropy.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2019, 08:50:31 pm »
It does fall apart, like in a murder scene...nothing makes sense.....Jupiter blows up...

With the cells that spawn in the water long ago, it duplicates...all the other things that were spawned on Earth didn't duplicate, so, as soon as THAT appeared, then, well, it spreads! That specific system spreads.

Then, with mammals, they spreaded, too. They did when they got the horny toads going. Although self birth is a thing too, but either way it works too. This is like the cell duplication STILL, however, the difference is the smarts....why did the smarter evolve everywhere and not just smart populating fungus that can turn all into more cells? That'd seem easier and happen fast once they start cell duplicating, why not just eat all matter and be a brainless mass? Can they not eat rock? Nanobot of sophicataction can turn matter into any atom type through nuclear change. Anyhow, it seems like the reason it shifted to smarts populating and not just cell is because......hmm........gotta think... Notice I attempted to answer my question by saying it and then turned up dry....hehe

goaty

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2019, 01:24:38 am »
Sorry for sounding a little nuts...  i'm seriously questioning my existence at the moment.
Sexual reproduction just seems like a pointless whack off session,   when asexual reproduction probably is more efficent.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

275 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 343. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles