Try the latest public release of GPT-2 here:

• 22 Replies

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
Re: Try the latest public release of GPT-2 here:
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2019, 12:23:18 am »
Fred, if you have 500,000 words that may come next in English vocab, and you need to decide which is best, this is then a narrowdown process to determine which is the best choice. :D This is candidate science. Do I use a sword or gun or planet or key to open a vault? It's getting better, you can tell when you read the medium size model's outputs. Trust Lock.

Every question man or woman can have can be posed in text or vision. And answered. The answer may be 55 words, so it actually has a ton more to the Power than 500,000 word choices! This could mean adding a phrase to the end or a word by word. Ex. I will destroy evil aliens using 'a well tested gun'. Here it isn't 500^5 but 500^5 haha lmao ok nevermind, oh wait, the brain won't have that many phrases saved, much less. I am correct then in it having fewer choices. But fewer than 500^5? Yes, word by word would be harder, however it may be necessary sometimes.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 01:25:40 am by LOCKSUIT »
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2019, 01:41:10 am »
It's fun and interesting Lock, don't get me wrong. I am keen to see how far they can go, and also how big they make their corpus/dataset.

We know this kind of thing has been done before - things like predictive text and touch screens that people with disabilities could use to type based on narrowing things down to the next likely letter. It's seems the same kind of thing just with a very large corpus/dataset.

If they could pull in all the world's text, then it's like an averaging machine, or the wisdom of crowds. In real life you get people writing things and expressing beliefs that are poles apart. How then does it decide what is right? Without seeding it with a stand point, it will end up with the most commonly expressed ideas or values I think.

This is the kind of thing that comes in useful. It could help people to learn languages for just one idea.  :)

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2019, 01:48:37 am »
I did just find another useful thing. Whilst most of the time for me, it seems keen on rambling incoherently, it does throw up sentences about things that you may not know about. So kind of like a cleverer web search. If they put links to the sources it is being influenced by then I could see it being more useful as a research tool.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2019, 01:50:40 am »
To learn new biases requires Desire Filters. I won't say too much here hehe.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2019, 01:57:41 am »
Yes that's sort of what I meant by seeding it.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2019, 02:21:13 am »
Those txt files openAI provided sure just helped me...haha....now i can move even faster with great data! They did not give me the 40GB of text but they gave me ~9GB of something!! I peeked inside! Looks good! Runs too, just tried!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 02:45:26 am by LOCKSUIT »

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2019, 05:43:50 am »
hey folks the easiest way o tell it works is to give it a story that makes a story that has all ur bits in it and clearly is not copy past

The FBI told the baby to stop talking to tigers because lion king clouds too touch the google moon.

The FBI told the baby to stop talking to tigers because lion king clouds too touch the google moon.

The internet took off. The CIA and the NSA started to track our phone calls. It seemed that they were monitoring the baby's communications and calling him every time it woke up. I began to think about getting him help from humans.

So many times there is an event and we don't want to think about all the horrible acts that can be done, or at least not to the baby.

So much time was dedicated to the child that I was afraid that if I did not want to watch him grow up with his mother's knowledge and help me, then I would become a monster or someone like him. So I decided to get him out of that house. I moved him outside.

I gave him food once or twice a day. I even told him that after each meal he was allowed to sleep with me and I would have to take care of his health. But after a month, it still wouldn't get any better or better. The baby started crying all the time. I also noticed that he did not want to go to day care, because we couldn't care for him anymore.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2019, 11:06:37 am »
one of my best completions from GPT-2 345M model:

The Queen has took a plane to see the United Nations conference this week. She will be meeting with the President of Japan to discuss the new laws being placed on the world.
==========================================================================================
On Thursday, May 15, 2013 she will be visiting Japan's Yasukuni Shrine and will talk with the local officials to learn about Japan's obligations regarding the Japanese war crimes of WWII. In her last visit, she called upon the Japanese government for help in bringing justice to Japan's veterans.

She will also spend two days with the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland. This was on the heels of a recent announcement that Israel will become the sole donor country to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) to support peace initiatives in conflict zones.

At the end of June, the United States will have the opportunity to take action by passing the Military Construction Act. The legislation allows Congress to authorize any military construction project on American-owned or controlled private property for $50 million. Any money that is appropriated is directed to the development of the projects and not for direct benefit to any particular group, nation or person. It remains to be seen if Congress adopts legislation related to the United Nations, as expected it would have to be approved by both houses of Congress.

The following are listed:

President Bush will also meet with Prime Minister Shimon Peres and visit the United Nations and the United

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm
AI-Generated Art Cannot Receive Copyrights
by frankinstien (AI News )
August 24, 2023, 08:49:45 am

Users Online

175 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 248. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles