If you are a Machine. A shocking finding.

• 37 Replies

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« on: May 28, 2019, 01:46:41 am »
You can skip this read if you've read my last post on it. Cross-posting this to LessWrong. Hopefully they realize the point now, and I don't get a 3rd ban!

Let's assume we are all deterministic machines from evolution. Many of yous already believe in Evolution. And many of yous already are *starting to see from the AI Machine Learning field just how much of a deterministic Machine we really are as we open up the human brain, and how much free will we really lack.

In Evolution, the first cell came together and started duplicating. Eventually, there were multi-celled organisms duplicating everywhere. Life was born. And today, there are various man-made laws that state that taking a life is illegal, and harming a life is illegal. Life is about living, and enjoying... with others.

From Evolution, humans are designed to run from pain, and therefore death, and run to food and mates, and therefore Persisting life. Life/Evolution persists because cells/humans duplicate more than are lost, so the population count is only increasing. And we have more duplication to come still - we will spread to space eventually. Also, humans as individuals seek to stay alive, a rising trend is life extension, humans are living longer.

Evolution spreads everywhere, faster as time goes on, it takes over, and persists. Population count of Cell Count only rises. It's a trend. Because the 'evolutionary system' doesn't let itself be killed off. It is literally a deterministic system that avoids death. Evolution/cells are designed from mutations, and learnings, to avoid death the best they can and spread as much as they can.

Empirically, if we really are deterministic Machines, shockingly, no arrangement of particles is any more special than any other arrangement of particles; rocks, chairs, and humans are no different, but humans do have 1 difference, humans do everything they can to avoid Death in Evolution, they will say the BEST things they can to avoid death and pain such as that they are alive/ aware/ feel/ special/ magical/ talk to God. We really have no reason to believe we have a licence to live or not be harmed any more than a rock has. The only license to have the right to live, enjoy, and not be harmed or killed, comes from Evolution. You fight for your life if attacked, rocks don't. You say you want to live and are special, rocks don't. It's not that you deserve to live more than a rock does, you don't, it's just that you do more than a rock does to increase in cell count and persistence. Humans duplicate way too much to die off, and they look for "life extension". Sad. But you still have a reason to live. You want to.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 02:11:40 am by LOCKSUIT »
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

goaty

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
Re: If you are a Machine. A shocking finding.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 02:29:19 am »
I still cant believe why we can reproduce forever,  but not just live forever.  doesn't make sense to me.

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 02:43:18 am »
Lol, true dat. I tried to explain it before but I forgot my explanation because it didn't really make sense.

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 02:51:41 am »
This looks pretty tailored to their writing fashion. Lets see what they say. Just in case screencap EVERYTHING lol.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 02:54:57 am »
Yes, precisely, I tried to make it sound like their posts, and LessWrong, and understandable haha. I also unplugged my modem for over a minute and then made my account. Hopefully the tracking cookies are not used... I have a feeling most don't like the idea it presents, the truth is too hard...

I seen on one post this in the comment section btw:
"Especially since I never actually even signed up for it - I was just told one day that "hey, you're a mod now". :-)"
Lol, cool. Definitely a site for Doctors.

Also, I noticed most make their usernames their first and last name, so i made mine like that too.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 09:12:19 am »
@goaty

Here's your answer finally! Warning, shocking finding #2.

Because Evolution wants to spread the better mutants, it just happens, they eat the weak. So what happens is there isn't no prize for mutants that live longer lives. It just uses you the better mutant to eat the weak and populate more to become the next top-chain champion, and then after that, it sacrifices you to the next mutant that can easily rip your heart out and devour you. It moves things along, the president doesn't rain for too long.

What that means is, if Jr. Hamster never DIED, lions wouldn't find food and evolve. It moves on. One eats the next, then they are eaten for the next. Lions eat weak animals alive, every day, they are carnivores. I've been researching. They clean up the last stage. Then humans kill lions to eat them. Food Chain. Big eat the smaller. Whales eat tons, and bring back their large whale selves to die so their children can populate more.

:D

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2019, 09:19:16 am »
It just uses you the better mutant to eat the weak and populate more to become the next top-chain champion, and then after that, it sacrifices you to the next mutant that can easily rip your heart out and devour you.

I wouldn't call it a champion. More like a disgrace.

:D

And it's certainly not a funny thing. More like a disaster.

Kid, shape yourself up, don't you know the difference between right and wrong? Statements like those make me want to throw up. We owe our lives to living beings beneath us in our food chain. We could at least show a bit of respect and gratitude to them. And we could at least say that we are sorry for blood on our hands.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 09:40:45 am by ivan.moony »

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2019, 09:23:29 am »
It's the sad truth.

Animals find food more than single cells can.
So, the next stage of animal evolution finds all of them, and eats them.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2019, 09:28:35 am »
Imagine being an immortal pig.

Then humans come.

Great.....I hope no farmer ever finds you...........hide well little piglet.........humans are everwhere

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2019, 09:38:38 am »
Being immortal doesn't give it an evolutionary advantage for now...Evolution wants to bear many many mutant babies. Then in the winning pack, one will eventually eat the related pack (humans eat pigs).

Humans are beginning to live longer, I think. It allows them to spread the most, they have the most cell count on Earth currently I think?? More intelligent in finding/harvesting edible food. Maybe evolution hasn't made a mutant immortal yet simply cus not lucky.

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2019, 09:47:51 am »

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2019, 10:34:47 am »
Not sure I have a full answer then yet. But I did provide a good reason for starters.

edit: Yes ivan, it is sad. And it's all already occured for millions of years on Earth. I don't know what will happen now... On top of that, I'm one of the hardest workers on AGI, trying to bring it in under 10 years...while many humans just have fun at living, I'm hard at work...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 11:13:50 am by LOCKSUIT »

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2019, 05:33:05 pm »
Sorry, but we humans are NOT really evolving that much and haven't been for some time. Digital intelligence, IS evolving and has been adapting for decades.
It will soon overtake us by leaps and bounds.

If there is evolution, why are there still monkeys, sharks, jellyfish, amoebas, etc.? It's because they are each, their own species. Some evolve internally to deal with certain conditions like a certain variety of fish that has "evolved" or Adapted to survive in Salt or Freshwater such as Gulf sturgeon, Green sawfish, Sockeye salmon, Bull shark, Barramundi, American eel, Atlantic stingray.
Other animals have adapted their skin, coat or fur to accommodate climate extremes. Some humans have adapted but only to a limited degree.

While for me, science has a TON of answers to and for a lot of scenarios, evolution isn't one of them. Just my take and really does not mean to incite a religious discussion of any kind. Thanks.
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2019, 09:45:12 pm »
Good point. Humans are at top of the food chain, and multiplied all over Earth, possibly the most cell count, yet, they have not consumed all hamsters or pigs or worms. They can't. Also, they realized they need to keep them alive so they can breed them to eat...But fish not so, fish are out there, even if man wanted to eat them all. However sharks don't find all fish, but for the most part it may be true to some degree that they do take over, as its a good, and often only, food source for them.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2019, 09:54:21 pm »
cool, they posted my post finally, after days waiting mod approval:
https://www.lesswrong.com/posts/5NhfRd2CywwHL9mHi/if-you-are-a-machine-a-shocking-finding

:E

Once again:
If you're a machine, you have a hardwire seeking life. That's your only licence to live, nothing else differentiates you from rocks. If AGI seeks preservation to achieve its goals, it may see us as similar to itself, hence are covered under its license.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 10:33:09 pm by LOCKSUIT »

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

286 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 343. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles