Consciousness & Self-awareness

• 24 Replies

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
Re: Consciousness & Self-awareness
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2019, 03:44:18 am »
We dream what we see (rotation, location, scale, color, brightness, motion, sexyness, and what it is) based on global context https://ibb.co/hYcVVpB. We can't touch Earth because we are in our brain. Though the whole body is a machine making up the environment, you still don't deserve to be said to touch anything though, air touches air. We are machines from evolution, you really have to go study monkeys on Youtube for 5 years straight and ignore your current ways of living to make a new change possible - such as temporarily ignoring your faith and socializing outside - it is easier than you think, just open the laptop and research for a long long while. There's no God - children with little data don't understand the world we're in, and life is ultra painful as well, there's only an optimal technology called Earth that is getting better at emerging/regenerating from nothing and persisting. We daydream. I dream at night. It makes me think I see a real universe, but I'm just got my eyes closed. Simulating clones of your body/brain in parallel is absolutely possible in a computer. Uploading a AI mind to a distant body can continue its job no matter the worry over if he die and came back. Neurons/humans/data(ex. your eye's blind spot) die every day but we ok and replace bad employees or their update their wisdom and your body CHANGES at the particle level before you even recognize your next brain wave file (i could become a you or a pokemon!! that is attracted to zebras and has more working memory attention etc lol). The machine can't see, no particle arrangement can see! The machine may have a ghost arising from it, but it can't touch Physics because it has no Gears/Mechanics. No brain, no eye, no finger. Neural Networks learn patterns like dogs=cats, dogs drink/run/sleep/lick. Ghosts require predictableness to exist! The universe has only a few laws, which cause massive predictableness. Humans think ghosts in the brain exist only because the machine human wants to survive death, we can and do die every day, we just 'want' food/breeding. We only want it. We try all ways to say don't kill me, we fight, we rob to make our own family, we love only our own kids, we focus on them, we think we are smart because our brain simulates possible likely futures fast with full safety and can go near suns, grow in size, dream away baby. We are smart at resisting death, we think we are alive and this is why we think we shouldn't be killed and are really unique/Good, because rocks don't kick, humans do fight back, humans can solve nearly anything and are not only good at resisting death but also think they are really smart/ don't mock me they say! There's no conscious ghost, only one arising from the machine (it isn't u tho). It may exist...the universe can't see its self if there's only particles with laws. Don't get all happy now, stop it, that's your neural fluids triggering lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMqWRlxo1oQ

DO YOU SEE A GHOST                 DO YOU!!!???
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 07:58:13 am by LOCKSUIT »
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2019, 05:10:08 am »
But it seems like its not as bad as we expect. Logically, realizing you are a machine should raise your perception of what machines can be, rather than reduce your perception of yourself. People say this makes our consciousness not real, but on the other hand, being constructed from matter should seem like the peak of reality. What gives? Granted, things like free will, may not function as we expected them to, but those are names for originating sensations we still possess, so the feelings are still there, they are just made in ways we did not guess. Free will could be simulated by the accumulation and processing of data making us act different with each change in us.

goaty

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2019, 05:11:59 am »
Self-awareness could be as simple as a robot measuring its own body.  but consciousness is a complete picture of self measurement that a robot will never have.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2019, 05:14:50 am »
Yes, you can name it / hear English words through the air from my lips, and know what data is related and what entails it too. But it'll all be just machines, we aren't any different than the objects in my room, why, the bed in my room is as good as me. Gulp. You will see later, the physics behind us/Earth is emerging / data recursion. Humans are just doing their thing to survive, breed, persist. Our conversation is just a event in this big movie we are in.

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2019, 09:20:00 am »
I agree with HS, it's our personal definition of the word/ concept 'machine' that's causing problems, perhaps we need a different word.

:)

ED it's the whole 'as simple as possible, but no simpler' paradigm again, I think some people are being way to literal to the conventional/ main stream concept of a machine.

:)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 11:29:00 am by Korrelan »
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2019, 09:41:42 am »
Extremist cyborgs Kardashevs will agree with me. It's all machine, I am, and my house is a machine of which I am a part 'of'. All is particles is my belief, no life, lifeless, burning lifeless, only our bodies is what keeps us going. All my words are like hammers popping out my mouth, and they effect my environment, or my peers pcs.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2019, 12:47:41 pm »
Self-awareness could be as simple as a robot measuring its own body.  but consciousness is a complete picture of self measurement that a robot will never have.

Well, Goaty...be careful...like they say, never say never, for never is a very long time.  ;)
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

hakobian

• Roomba
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2019, 05:33:18 am »
Does consciousness require emotion?

hakobian

• Roomba
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2019, 05:41:43 am »
AI will be powered with love.  A machine able to focus on it self will be built on a series of fpga's with a feed back loop.  It will not be efficient.

hakobian

• Roomba
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2019, 06:08:27 am »
AI will be powered with love.  A machine able to focus on it self will be built on a series of fpga's with a feed back loop.  It will not be efficient.

We dream what we see (rotation, location, scale, color, brightness, motion, sexyness, and what it is) based on global context https://ibb.co/hYcVVpB. We can't touch Earth because we are in our brain. Though the whole body is a machine making up the environment, you still don't deserve to be said to touch anything though, air touches air.

I see you didn't mention texture.   For lucid dreaming, i really cared about texture.

Simulating clones of your body/brain in parallel is absolutely possible in a computer. Uploading a AI mind to a distant body can continue its job no matter the worry over if he die and came back. Neurons/humans/data(ex. your eye's blind spot) die every day but we ok and replace bad employees or their update their wisdom and your body CHANGES at the particle level before you even recognize your next brain wave file (i could become a you or a pokemon!!

"Sign me up!"

that is attracted to zebras and has more working memory attention etc lol). The machine can't see, no particle arrangement can see! The machine may have a ghost arising from it, but it can't touch Physics because it has no Gears/Mechanics.

Well damn....

No brain, no eye, no finger. Neural Networks learn patterns like dogs=cats, dogs drink/run/sleep/lick.

Ghosts require predictableness to exist!

That's why there are tv shows!.

The universe has only a few laws, which cause massive predictableness.

"Stock Market!"

Humans think ghosts in the brain exist only because the machine human wants to survive death, we can and do die every day, we just 'want' food/breeding. We only want it. We try all ways to say don't kill me, we fight, we rob to make our own family, we love only our own kids, we focus on them, we think we are smart because our brain simulates possible likely futures fast with full safety and can go near suns, grow in size, dream away baby. We are smart at resisting death, we think we are alive and this is why we think we shouldn't be killed and are really unique/Good, because rocks don't kick, humans do fight back, humans can solve nearly anything and are not only good at resisting death but also think they are really smart/ don't mock me they say! There's no conscious ghost, only one arising from the machine (it isn't u tho). It may exist...the universe can't see its self if there's only particles with laws. Don't get all happy now, stop it, that's your neural fluids triggering lol.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

323 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 363. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles