Ai dream last night...

• 7 Replies

Zero

• Eve
Ai dream last night...
« on: July 03, 2019, 12:54:04 pm »
Last night I dreamed of... it was a piece of hardware. A small rubber disc (diameter 20cm, thickness 5cm). All around the perimeter, there was a lot of optical fibers, bundled in... well sort of red and black dreadlocks, as thick as a finger, and 3m long.
I had 4 of them in a room. It was both a memory device and a computing device. Ultra-high tech. I'm guessing it was some kind of light-based CPU.
 ::)

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
Re: Ai dream last night...
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 01:17:31 pm »
Yeah those dreams, i can relate, its amazing. Maybe you will see the next dream have a orange pale gooey blob on a table, that can read any device given to it, even damaged cracked discs, and can store tons of data, and morph into anything.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 01:27:18 pm »
Maybe a box sized black cube floating in the air with its tip face down, with red dots along the edges, and any piece of it has thousands of devices in that spot alone !!!

Humans have only so much ability...

You may dream of huge constructs in space, advanced beams of energy transport, fly by energy beams, and manipulation of matter by beams. Energy moves all...

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 09:16:18 pm »
I dream about code when I spend a lot of time programming. Usually I dream that I have worked something out and partly wake up thinking to write it down. But as soon as I gain some consciousness the thoughts evaporate.

WriterOfMinds

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • WriterOfMinds Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 02:28:43 am »
One time I solved a bug in my sleep.  The code was adding or removing elements in an array while iterating over it ... which is an actual, realistic way to mess up.  But the code I found this bug in wasn't real code, so making it work didn't buy me anything when I woke up.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 02:35:33 am »
Haha I've had those dreams. I know what happens. I wake up fr short moments with wonderfully splendideed new insights, only to realize they are very silly, or, forget what they were even if truly good.

One went [something..] like "the leafs of the tree have the compute to make the nanobot turn good, so it is faster to use the leafs, the tree can leaf". Big discovery, wake up, um, no? Dreams make u forget things, and act child-like, believing crazy adventures/ideas. Opens ur mind.

goaty

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2019, 07:57:24 pm »
Last night I dreamed of... it was a piece of hardware. A small rubber disc (diameter 20cm, thickness 5cm). All around the perimeter, there was a lot of optical fibers, bundled in... well sort of red and black dreadlocks, as thick as a finger, and 3m long.
I had 4 of them in a room. It was both a memory device and a computing device. Ultra-high tech. I'm guessing it was some kind of light-based CPU.
 ::)

Maybe it had lenses that were reducing the image of the parallel data to the size of 1 millionth of a grain of rice, delays it for 1 light microsecond, to get the access framerate, then it blows up the "image" on the way out for reading.

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2019, 09:40:12 pm »
Did you notice a 6cm clear section on the top/ bottom of each disk? They were optical processors, you where meant to stack them and shine a light source down through the centre to active the entire core.

Nice dream…

:D
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

343 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 396. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles