AI dreams are already a reality

• 4 Replies

OllieGee

• Nomad
    • My Wattpad writing page
AI dreams are already a reality
« on: July 17, 2019, 10:46:35 pm »
Now that's the thing...
Of course AI dreams are a reality but perhaps not in the way some envisage or would like to believe as being fully formed.
As we all know AI is all around us now in many forms, but for most I would suppose would be the question of how has it affected/enhanced (or otherwise) me?
That's where to a large degree it is probably still in its infancy. But any studied AI individual will know it will soon be upon us very soon enhancing all our every day lives from self turning-on cookers to self-driving cars. Oh please do hurry up with the latter in my opinion, I do so hate the traffic...

goaty

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
Re: AI dreams are already a reality
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 03:41:32 am »
Its ppls hard work to thank for it.   Robots aren't actually creative IMO they are but a testament to mans creativity.

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 01:23:02 pm »
We really DO need to find better methods of transporting ourselves to and from largely populated areas, especially Cities, Sporting events, etc. They create real problems for those other people not particularly involved with such travel or events.
Repair crews trying to address problems of maintenance face such traffic nightmares on a daily basis and many work crews are now being forced to work at night when there are less traffic, cooler temperatures and less risk of getting killed by motorists on their cell phones!

Monorail systems could be placed in the median areas of many 3-digit bypasses which encircle large cities like 295, 695, 495, etc. These are multi-laned highways that usually go completely around a city.
A monorail system could easily make stops along the route and would save issues with accidents, congestion, parking, etc.
Some cities already have some similar to these and many have their subways, but we really are in need of some safe alternative methods of transportation.

Somehow this absurd idea came to me...
Ever go to a drive-up station at a bank? You put your check into one of those clear plastic containers then place it in the housing. You press a button and a clear door comes down and the plastic container is whisked up and away, inside some tubular transport system. Cool, and they have been around for over a century!
What if...those tubes were larger...say large enough to hold a person?! The precious cargo would, of course, be cushioned and protected with safety straps. Climb in, strap in, and enjoy an ever-so-swift transport to your destination without the hustle-bustle of traffic congestion and accidents. You'll arrive at your destination in less than a minute, fresh and ready to face your workday without having to worry about stopping for gas, parking, flat tires, accidents or anything else that distracts you from your work. The People's Transport Tube is here for you!!!
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 01:43:03 pm »
But Art, that is from the cartoon Futurama... Clearly it didn't take, I'm sure Quara and Reddit have this one exhuasted to death.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

AndyGoode

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 11:08:02 pm »
People's Transport Tube is here for you!!!

Pneumatic Tube Transport has been around for a long time. Elon Musk's Hyperloop company is supposedly finally building an economically viable one, but the technical and financial problems threaten to make any such project end in failure.

()
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumatic_tube

()
Why Hyperloop will FAIL HARD - It's Biggest Problem!
American Rail Club
Published on Jan 12, 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XFMIqiDWAc
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 11:28:34 pm by AndyGoode »

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

312 Guests, 1 User
Users active in past 15 minutes:
ivan.moony
[Trusty Member]

Most Online Today: 346. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles