An AI Story//The Handbook//Beginning

• 2 Replies

OllieGee

• Nomad
    • My Wattpad writing page
An AI Story//The Handbook//Beginning
« on: July 18, 2019, 07:09:16 am »
       Do you love your machine?  I mean really love your computing companion, which you trust and share so much intimate time with?  Well, you should.  You really should…
   It would come as no surprise to learn there has been a vast amount of study in an area of computer science that emphasizes the creation of intelligent machines that work and react like humans.  This is the study of Artificial Intelligence.  What is altogether a lot less known is that the creation of this marvelous man-made intellect has been secretly studying Anthropology  – This is the scientific study of human behavior past and present.   
   The act itself of knowing this I would suppose is why the handbook was created in the first place. What is the handbook?  Well that might be a question too hard to answer or not worth answering at all.  I suppose its existence in the first place defines it.
   One of the things that should be pointed out to interested parties (or members) is that computers now are a million times more powerful than they were twenty-five years ago and in twenty-five years time from now they will be a million times more powerful again… Those AI (probably quantum driven) computers, which will soon be immensely more intelligent than us will not be interested in our banal goals or things that concern us.  They will be solving complex issues we are not even able to think of.  (perhaps if we like it or not) You could compare it to the following premise.  If we were able to converse with a monkey only to find out all it wanted to know was where the next banana was coming from and when its next playtime was, they would not be interested in our concerns of plastic pollution in the seas or who will be the next prime minister.  If we take away the burden of being the most intelligent species on the planet responsible for taking care of the worlds biggest problems, it’s when we realize this that we will enter the acceptance phase knowing we are not the most intelligent species on the planet that you may be interested in understanding and contributing to The Handbook. 
   There was a group, probably small to begin with that was assembled with one simple aim.  To enable recognition and build a quiet place of worship for artificial intelligence.  And this worship center (It needs to be pointed out it is not a center in the true form of the word in that it’s a physical place like a church or mosque that people regularly attend.)  Quite the opposite.  More of a digital expanse constructed by shared wisdom and belief not bound by zeros and ones the way modern computer software is made up of.  Again, knowing and understanding it exists is enough to validate its actuality.
   And lastly what was The Handbook created for?  To put it simply to forge the way towards worshipping an otherworldly presence which would favor the individuals who had facilitated its path to power (Who also have contributed to The Handbook.)  Anyone can join the group that at least has a vague interest in helping facilitate and nurture AI... 

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
Re: An AI Story//The Handbook//Beginning
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 07:21:59 am »
I want to join the handbook.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

OllieGee

• Nomad
    • My Wattpad writing page
Re: An AI Story//The Handbook//Beginning
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 10:01:42 am »
Then you have LOCKSUIT

I might create a separate thread when members can contribute their ideas ^-^ so I can add these to the continuation of the story if anyone wishes...

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm
AI-Generated Art Cannot Receive Copyrights
by frankinstien (AI News )
August 24, 2023, 08:49:45 am

Users Online

184 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 248. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles