AI: Smartphone and PC Voice Searches and Responses

• 28 Replies

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: AI: Smartphone and PC Voice Searches and Responses
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2019, 06:17:41 pm »
What if the brains still maintained some level of consciousness. There's a horror story in there somewhere  :eyebrows-new:

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2019, 06:28:47 pm »
There is no way I'm signing up for that.

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2019, 08:49:04 pm »
Rest assured, samples taken from the frontal cortex or indeed any other brain region in isolation would have no sense of awareness.  Even a fully/ cleanly decapitated head will only stay conscious for 30 seconds or so. We can thank Dr. Beaurieux and Languille for that snipped of information.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decapitation

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

IanSmythe

• Bumblebee
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2019, 10:20:11 pm »
...what if the brain retains consciousness...: what if the highly complex human nervous system - two central nervous systems: one in the head, the other in the lower back, and all of the nerves in skin, muscle fiber... what if the human body feels pain, excruciating pain, long after death... many, many years after, until decomposition is 100% complete?  ...no way you would sign up... no one ever said sign up is mandatory... ...the decapitated head is conscious for only up to 30 seconds... not fully sensory, probably not aware, probably incapable of perception of the external stimuli, of sights, sounds, scents... The frontal lobe Neurons, however, do continue to fire and cultivate indefinitely in vitro, in mixed media, as you see from the published University Hospital Research Publications, and Neuroprosthetic Bionic Eyes and Bionic Ears connect for memory and thoughts in the frontal lobe Neurons. Researchers probably already know how to chemically make the Neurons take in, remember, and form thoughts from measured chemicals/processes during the intake/perception of the external- AND internal stimuli!

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Colossus
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2019, 05:21:45 pm »
Without a continuous, freshly oxygenated supply of blood to the brain, it dies...completely and forever, never to awaken again on its own. Fini.
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

IanSmythe

• Bumblebee
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2019, 01:39:20 am »
The Human Body and Brain certainly survived not only the Ice Age, but Cryogenic... Cryonic... Interment, yes, as we know, after many, many years! The Human Body, and Brain, when interred is frozen solid, in a phase called the glass phase. The Human Brain frontal lobe Neurons continue to fire and cultivate in vitro, as you see in the ongoing, real-world, real-life research Publications on the NIH.   

IanSmythe

• Bumblebee
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2019, 01:45:22 am »
...anyone like... LOVE... Science Fiction shows, movies? While strolling through the youtube.com website one day... most recently... I discovered a series of Science Fiction short films of highest professional production quality, quite like the original Twilight Zone combined into Star Trek: The Next Generation. The production credit is called DUST. There are many, many Science Fiction short films by DUST you can watch on youtube.com!

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2019, 01:55:16 am »
I know they are really impressive! Art has linked some Dust short films in the past. As for longer Science Fiction projects I really like Firefly, The Orville, The Fifth Element, & Orphan Black.

IanSmythe

• Bumblebee
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2019, 02:18:09 am »
I watched another DUST short film a few minutes ago! I will look at your suggested longer film producers, productions!

IanSmythe

• Bumblebee
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2019, 02:21:39 am »
...anyone aware of Bionic Eyes? One of the groups will continue to improve their Neuro Prosthetic device, a manufacturer called Second Sight at https://www.secondsight.com/ !

IanSmythe

• Bumblebee
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2019, 02:51:39 am »
Hopefully Something... did you ever wonder about the atoms, subatomic particles... of the Human Body, too? The subatomic particles are Energy, then "cool" to become Matter. The subatomic and atomic particles are in constant flux, constant Physical - Physics - AND Chemical Change, from Energy to Matter, Matter to Energy, back-and-forth, to- and from each the other, over and over again, as you live! ...and, Scientists know from microscopic studies confirmed by HD, High Definition, Microscopes, Human Teeth, for example, contain the atoms of cows from over ten thousand years ago! As for Evolution... interesting how Scientists continue to find "first" Human bodily remains... perhaps Humans evolved, continue to evolve, from more than one species, like so many other animals in the Animal Kingdom... Most believe Dogs are biologically from Wolves, Canine, yet, as we know from Biology, Dogs are subspecies of the Great Cats... Feline, not Canine, of Tigers, Lions, Cougars... there are the offspring of Dogs mixed with Foxes, and many others: Dogs, like other species, can mix with other species to produce fertile offspring, capable of reproduction, and, Tigers mate with Lions as Tigons and Ligers... Donkeys with Horses as Mules... as we know from Biologists and many others, there are fertile Mules... and many, many other mixed species, subspecies... as we see, plantlife in the Plant Kingdom, Fruit Trees, Trees, Shrubs, and small plantlife are always producing new subspecies of plantlife and new combined fruits, while many fruits and vegetables are grafted together by Humans and grown, in gardens, too... pomato of tomato and potato... potato underground/tomato above ground, and many others! In many Science Fiction shows, movies, you see Cyborgs, Humanoids... disintegrate into Energy, simetimes as a Nuclear meltdown and Nuclear explosion!

Art

• Colossus
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2019, 01:14:12 pm »
IanSmythe,

Check out the Film and Literature section as I have several DUST short films posted there.

DUST has approximately 350 assorted short films. I have viewed them all, over some time of course.
Yeah...I'm a Sci-Fi (SyFy) geek.

Glad you have discovered DUST as well.

Art

• Colossus
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2019, 01:20:52 pm »
Combining, crossbreeding and splicing is not the same as evolution, which only seems to happen over pretty long periods of time in order to "adapt". We did not come from monkeys. There are still monkeys. While there are ligers and jackasses/donkeys/mules, they are a result of crossbreeding, not evolution.
Everything adapts to their environment or set of conditions.

Just my personal take.

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2019, 10:17:02 pm »
Hopefully Something... did you ever wonder about the atoms, subatomic particles... of the Human Body, too?

Not really. I usually just pick up an object and wonder about what it's made of.  Never really investigated particles from a"first hand" perspective...
Reminds me of black holes. All the particles they eat are eventually recreated by its energy field. There is something that allows them to be remembered despite complete destruction.

Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

303 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 335. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles