The Supernatural

• 24 Replies

AndyGoode

Re: The Supernatural
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2019, 02:06:57 am »
I like to keep an open mind, but the record is in favour of skepticism.

I think this is a very wise stance. Yes, there exist many fakes out there: people who admit to creating crop circles, many faked photos of Bigfoot and UFOs, faked CGI footage of giant spiders or flying people, and so on. I believe the number of authentic, inexplicable UFOs is less than 5%, if I remember the statistics correctly. However, that small percentage is where the pseudo-logic "Aw, they're *all* just fakes" breaks down: there do exist truly bizarre, inexplicable observations, even when measuring scientific phenomena, and it is such small anomalies that often prove longstanding theories or assumptions false and create entirely new branches of science, so such anomalies are often *very* important and fruitful to investigate. Such anomalies were how Pluto was found, how the photoelectric effect was discovered, how quanta were discovered, how chaos theory began, and much more.

I've been careful of that drawback when posting links above. For example, most orb footage looks like specs of dust to me now (for the moment I can't find the footage of the orb floating down a trail at night that was very convincing), and a high percentage of supposed ghost videos are just insects walking on the lens of the camera, which makes the insects appear blurry and semi-transparent. I'm aware of many of the common causes of misinterpretations, so I've been careful not to fall into the most common mistakes when posting links that I believe are particularly convincing.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 03:11:22 am by AndyGoode »

Don Patrick

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • AI / robot merchandise
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2019, 07:20:11 am »
If we are talking about glowing floating orbs, a documentary I saw 20 years ago explained them as extremely rare but existing occurrences of ball lightning. They float above ground for a while. It is a very fascinating phenomenon, but not, as anthropomorphism would have it, alien.
CO2 retains heat. More CO2 in the air = hotter climate.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2019, 08:22:18 am »
One time in the morning I seen a red dot light in orange morning clouds moving around, it was 'moving around' like a ship, and was drifting somewhere, eventually faded. It was like a demon light, only a laser beam it could be but didn't seem like it. However not sure any crash land-ers would be interested in experimenting publicly some ambitious morning shows than hiding and taking refugee. So it tends to become ridiculous as time passes.

It happened after I was put in foster care at 15 (don't worry i got back soon).

Prior to the day of taking, I seen a blue light whip across the kitchen backsplash as I stood in the hallway. Somethings up I say. Mom says she seen it too but let's leave that out of the evidence in case. I seen a blue tall door appear in her room where it went I suppose, but can't say 100% I did, it was from the side of my view. Also, there was rotten egg smell there the same or next morning...Which never happens. I think mom brought it up. Then I smelt it there too.

It those time travelers, using frigin light beams to warp time lol.

It's those damn life-changing events after all, didn't you know? Must go back in time...
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

Don Patrick

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
    • AI / robot merchandise
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2019, 09:04:07 am »
A sulfur smell also happens to be one of the consequences of ball lightning. Just saying.
CO2 retains heat. More CO2 in the air = hotter climate.

AndyGoode

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2019, 12:40:58 am »
There are a lot of different things I've seen on YouTube that people call "orbs". In roughly decreasing order of frequency, here are what appear to me to be the categories, and what I perceive each category to be:

1. dust particles blowing around randomly, especially when there are many tiny orbs, inside or outside
2. insects flying near the lens, so that the insect is blurred and looks only like a fuzzy dot, inside or outside
3. a single bright orb in night footage, usually centralized and barely moving, that nobody can see, probably a focusing/lens effect
4. totally unseen things that only dogs and cats see or hear, probably just something in the wall like termites or mice
5. UFOs, of various sizes at various distances, usually too far to make out any detail (uncommon)
6. balls of light within a few feet of the ground, usually at night, floating by slowly, sized like a baseball or basketball (rare)
7. ball lightning (rare)

It's type #6 that fascinates me, but as you said, that might be explainable by ball lightning, like in this daytime video in Russia:

()
Unique video: Super-rare ball lightning moving across Siberian field
RT
Published on Aug 5, 2016

If anybody's interested in videos of those other types and is too lazy to look them up on YouTube, I might post examples. There was another phenomenon called "rods" that turned out to be only moths, after a serious investigation was done of them, an investigation that used two cameras at different speeds aimed at the same location (a cave entrance). I still see clear-cut moth footage called "orbs" on YouTube, posted by people who never saw that documentary video. Moths evidently fly in an unusual manner very quickly that creates streaks on film where the streaks look like rods with tiny wing-like protrusions along the sides of the streaks.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 01:15:22 am by AndyGoode »

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2019, 01:45:20 am »
One time I thought I swear I saw a just larger than fist sized white bright ball go down my hallway, it swirved up and down as i seen it for 1 whole second, around 14-16 years old, from the very side of my eye though, as i faced my computer, and saw it because of the brighness at the left side of my view just barely. It was flying down the hallway....to my mom's room too.....seems to be the spot to go lol. Yeah, crazy, and hard on evidence even for me, but hey, it's possible it could be anything. Oh yeah, I wanted to say something:

Anything can be real, aliens planning to take sample from your eye, and, do it for real. Jesus, Mohammad+Jesus, ghosts, fairies, you name it, and believers. In a simulated world, like a game, except magic is real and you are in the world, and you really believe it. Yes, anything can be so, it can be legal to kill, and be a pleasure. Plus, no one dies either, gets weirder!! For 500 years you can simulate a real society of religious followers of a Jesus landing and preaching, performing miracles, but you bet it would require a mother of a computer to run it, and really good physics and AIs, fooled AIs lol. But in our home world, there's no ghosts to bit you, and God doesn't teleport your soul to hell.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

AndyGoode

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2019, 02:28:23 am »
But in our home world, there's no ghosts to bit you, and God doesn't teleport your soul to hell.

Speaking of teleportation, below are some videos to consider. One of the reasons I keep an open mind is that there are some *very* weird things that go on, things that defy any conventional explanation, and I'm pretty good at explanations. If you have good explanations for the following, I'd like to hear them. With all the camera/video footage and communication that exists today (especially the Internet), we're learning just how weird a place this planet is; no longer can a reasonable person walk around and believe they're in a mundane world where everything has a conventional explanation. I believe many of the explanations involve secret high technology, but it's often hard to figure out how high-tech explanations apply to some of the phenomena, and what type of technology could be involved (like how or why a device would teleport a man a few feet upwards into a ceiling).

()
5 Real life cases of TELEPORTATION that Science can't explain
Mysterious 5
Published on Jul 15, 2018

()
Doctors Baffled As Man "TELEPORTS" Into Ceiling
secureteam10
Published on Nov 8, 2017

()
Top 10 Mysterious Cases Of Teleportation That Can't Be Explained
YouFeed
Published on Nov 15, 2017

P.S.--The Asian bicycle accident in black & white was a "fake"--one person showed it was a trailer for an Asian film (game?).
Also, the flying vans event was shown to be caused by a fallen wire stretched across the street that was not visible to the camera.
()
NEW Disturbing Questions About Our National Parks w/ DAVE PAULIDES
secureteam10
Published on Jul 3, 2019

P.S.--Long, but very good video.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 08:38:36 pm by AndyGoode »

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2019, 03:41:41 am »
Thanks Andy!

AndyGoode

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2019, 09:36:47 pm »
Thanks Andy!

You're welcome. I'm glad you seem to be enjoying my knowledge dump.

To me, that video on the "Missing 411" suggests that secret high technology is being used in those particular events, to very quickly and discretely move humans out of a given location, or maybe to instantaneously transport them somewhere, without damaging them, and without giving them any time to call out for help, fire a shot, or do anything else to alert others. Just last year the news came out that the University of Bristol developed an acoustic tractor beam that can function without concern for the acoustic wavelength used,  and of course the military is interested in using that technology to remove soldiers from a location. That's the kind of technology I mean: technology that most of the public doesn't know about, and in which the military is obviously interested, and could explain events attributed to magic or the supernatural.

According to Phil Schneider in 1995, secret military sector technology was 1,200 years ahead of public sector technology (i.e., the technology the general public knows about), and was advancing 45 years per calendar year. You can do the math yourself, but the implication is that by this year (2019), secret military sector technology would be over 2,200 years ahead of public sector technology. That's almost literally beyond most people's comprehension. Tractor beams that could quickly and safely move human bodies around at will would be old hat to the military sector by now. Remember that: (1) technology is always far more advanced than the public knows about, (2) humans have been used as living guinea pigs by governments for at least decades, probably for all of human history, with total disregard of laws or morals, (3) very advanced technology is often mistaken for magic or the supernatural.

()
Tractor beam breakthrough could lead to levitating humans
Eric Mack
January 21, 2018
https://www.cnet.com/news/tractor-beam-acoustic-levitate-bristol-university-humans/
()
Scientists Just Used a Tractor Beam to Levitate the Largest Object Yet
Seeker
Published on Feb 23, 2018

goaty

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2019, 12:12:00 am »
As soon as one of us guys finishes his advanced ai,   there will be weird sightings of robot aliens around the place, and its US WHO CAUSED IT.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

233 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 275. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles