Building my own quantum computer

• 47 Replies

goaty

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
Re: Building my own quantum computer
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2019, 12:37:58 am »
But the strange thing is,  what is the problem of everyday life.   whats the meaning of it?

Ive got one piece of evidence to put forward, with its matching conjecture.

Life cannot be about supremecy,  we are lazy pleasure seeking creatures, and there is nothing successful about us at all, except maybe our never reached potential to do amazing supreme things that never actually happens much.

We *think* we are trying hard,  but nature just made us slow and useless really.

So do you really think evolution was behind this?  If it was its in a sad and positively retarded local optima.

AndyGoode

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2019, 12:57:37 am »
But the strange thing is,  what is the problem of everyday life.   whats the meaning of it?

The problem of everyday life is simple: survival. Nothing more.

Ultimately, unless gods or aliens exist, there is no inherent meaning in survival, other than over a long period of time the systems that had a will to survive are the only ones that tend to still be found functioning, since all the others died off and were forgotten because they had no motivation to survive. Lasting a long time is not much of a meaning of life, but there it is... Unless gods or aliens exist, in which case all bets are off.

goaty

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2019, 01:19:23 am »
God and aliens granting meaning to survival?  I don't think that,  if god can save us any time he wants, and produce more intellectual property than we could ever possibly produce as us mortal men,  that means its even more pointless IMO!!! :(

Yeh !  now we can live forever!  who cares now its all catered for you like an inable inept, where if you bother, its more like playing pretend than doing it for real. I see god as the computer chess program,  where if you go against it you just get your arse kicked, except it happens in the real physics instead.  its omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, omnireflexive, at all periods of time at once, and ur stuck here, just helpless, with no choice but to do what it says, to carry out your pointless existence youd rather do away with, its worth so little, and to cause no difference to anything, unless god willing for its little pathetic indignant slave.
You cant even chop your dick off and knife up your neck and face without say so.

AndyGoode

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2019, 01:27:07 am »
God and aliens granting meaning to survival?

I feel like we're in the situation at the end of the [great] movie 'Contact'--after getting the most dazzling look we've ever had, regarding the state of advanced alien civilizations, we then realize that they're still searching, too, just like we are, only at a grander level of technology. For that matter, that was the same state that Truman encountered at the end of the [great] movie 'The Truman Show'. That's sort of my greatest fear.

Contact Part II Journey Through Time & Space
Feb 10, 2008
RainStormRaider
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzTHC6JSUvM

The Truman Show - At World's End
Apr 23, 2016
Interesting Stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn5kuDdeGzs

goaty

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2019, 01:29:31 am »
Agree.  Love the movies two. Utterly terrifying it is to know where we truly are,   and if anyone knows out there,  they haven't told me yet,  I just panic thinking about it every now and again.   BTW, dreams are telepathy, not just concoctions of the mind!   :uglystupid2:

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2019, 01:34:56 am »
Ok I give up, the sequential CPU is parallel but only so far as it has to ex. predict the Next Word before it can decide the Next Next Word, like in the GPT-2 algorithm. Modern CPUs have a lot of parallel components, and word registers as well to speed it up. And their quantum computer uses teleportation to speed up the signals. I can't beat that.

Btw If they use the qubits to go exponential computation tho that cannot be, because yo need to define which bits you want! Ex. 10100001010101111010......they suggest 3 qubits give you 2x2x2=8 combos, but only 3 controllable bits. So I just debunked it, there you go. They are using the quantum computer to speed up signal traveling, not to get more from nothing, as all bits must be defined. You can't have each qubit in both states and define a bitstream! What? 4 qubits = 1111111111111111? No. They need to be different!
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

AndyGoode

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2019, 02:00:20 am »
BTW, dreams are telepathy, not just concoctions of the mind!

You're telling me that all those sexy ladies are real?  ;)

More seriously, all three TOISOIs I've heard end up saying that the human race, and maybe us individually, are being tested. This is the one constant through all those Theories of Integrated SOIs, whether those theories involve gods, aliens, or just objective nature. In a test, the subject can't know he/she is being tested, so cannot be told, at least regarding *what* is being tested, especially in psychology tests, without distorting the results. That gives me a little bit of solace--that there is a logical *reason* I/we might be being kept in the dark. If all this should have a reason, we would be the last to know.

Steppenwolf - Rock Me ( Lyrics )
10menriquez
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9oXFNbUdn4

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2019, 02:14:12 am »

The problem is probably whatever we choose, like right now I think we're living some kind of life-cult. Once you're in, you can't leave, but you also get inducted by surprise. Like anything, if its seen as compulsory, it's weighted towards feeling like a trial. If a convention is being sustained by fear, then common sense may not be up to the task. So, I think we may as well let go of the "we've got to stay alive!!!" because the extra freedom will probably make life more pleasant. I'd say a sensible goal is to have a good time, and the meaning of life is the meaning in life.
These things can't be pursued directly, (Like deciding the meaning of life is x, and then pursing x indefinitely. It may work for a while, but it's not going to keep working as circumstances change.) the meaning is a byproduct, an emotional signpost which informs you about the quality of your path. I'd venture that our subconsciousness's judgement of quality has something to do with our General Narrative Understanding as a species, but there could be even more to it.

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2019, 02:16:13 am »
their quantum computer uses teleportation to speed up the signals. I can't beat that.

Yeah they aren't playing fair lol.  ;D

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2019, 03:06:46 am »
So Google's quantum computer can only be speeding up signal transfer or upping the parallel count. Think about it, they say their qubit count per transistor or pc is ex. 52 bit, which gives it ex. 1111111111111111111111111111111111........ bit combos..... but you can't define the strng ex. 111100001111101011001011110101010101010101........it only scales it. To get more compute done they need more components or speed of the components period. Or optimization. They can skip computing using common codes, but they can't plot 52 qubits and think there's enough info in the 52 bits.

My 3 ideas were hierarchy computer, brain-like computer, macro qubits (wirelessly antennas).

https://www.livescience.com/google-hits-quantum-supremacy.html

goaty

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2019, 03:11:45 am »
So Google's quantum computer can only be speeding up signal transfer or upping the parallel count. Think about it, they say their qubit count per transistor or pc is ex. 52 bit, which gives it ex. 1111111111111111111111111111111111........ bit combos..... but you can't define the strng ex. 111100001111101011001011110101010101010101........it only scales it. To get more compute done they need more components or speed of the components period. Or optimization. They can skip computing using common codes, but they can't plot 52 qubits and think there's enough info in the 52 bits.

My 3 ideas were hierarchy computer, brain-like computer, macro qubits (wirelessly antennas).

Don't give up Locksuit or youll have to admit defeat to me prematurely,  and then... I guess we know who the better man is.  :2funny:  DOODAH!!!

goaty

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2019, 03:14:58 am »

The problem is probably whatever we choose, like right now I think we're living some kind of life-cult. Once you're in, you can't leave, but you also get inducted by surprise. Like anything, if its seen as compulsory, it's weighted towards feeling like a trial. If a convention is being sustained by fear, then common sense may not be up to the task. So, I think we may as well let go of the "we've got to stay alive!!!" because the extra freedom will probably make life more pleasant. I'd say a sensible goal is to have a good time, and the meaning of life is the meaning in life.
These things can't be pursued directly, (Like deciding the meaning of life is x, and then pursing x indefinitely. It may work for a while, but it's not going to keep working as circumstances change.) the meaning is a byproduct, an emotional signpost which informs you about the quality of your path. I'd venture that our subconsciousness's judgement of quality has something to do with our General Narrative Understanding as a species, but there could be even more to it.

That's being optimistic,  I tend to err on the negative side of things,  it all looks not worth doing to me here in life...

And AndyGoode  If its a test, god already knows the answer, so its for our benefit not his, making the test of the rabbit, for only the rabbit, making it not mean anything.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2019, 03:29:54 am »
Reading the link, it seems like the whole quantum computer has 52 qubits, each in 52 states? Like rotation, location, size, etc. So you have 52 bits where each is made of 52 bits as well. Just one qubit can be rotated offset Yes, over here No, and so on....10100010111010111. In fact the qubit rotation can be millions of possible rotations. Anyhow big number and they then capture by wireless at one place all their presence and sum it up to a number. I was going to use antennas.

What about having little antenna capsules that each have 10 bits in them each. Your 100 bit sequence is wirelessly sent to a crystal that picks up the count/wave.

HS

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2019, 04:03:17 am »
Yes antennas lock! Figure that out and I'll use it for my project. Wireless adjustments would be super helpful.  I NEEDS DEM ANTENNAS!!!!!

AndyGoode

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2019, 04:27:57 am »
Locksuit,

Honestly, you're extremely and unrealistically overoptimistic about quantum computers. Quantum computers are not a panacea, especially for artificial intelligence. *Most* problems cannot be sped up *at all* by quantum computers, *especially* the most important problems like NP-complete problems, which are usually graph-type problems, and AI problems. This is the same situation with classical parallel computers; only if a problem is inherently parallel can parallel processing (classical or quantum) speed it up any appreciable amount, per Amdahl's law. There is one known, slight, possible benefit for AI with quantum computers since Grover's algorithm running on a quantum computer can speed up linear search through an unsorted database, but that will likely have limited utility in practical AI problems. Maybe it could help in a vision system for searching many possible identifications of a viewed object, but I'm not even sure of that. Certain optimization problems could also be solved well by quantum computers, but again, the use of such solution ability as applied to AI is not very clear, at least not to me. The people most interested in quantum computers are government folks who want to read private, encrypted messages, which can be done by Shor's algorithm, but that application is not related to AI. All that suggests that quantum computers are not of interest to the common man, other than protential for privacy threats.

https://www.cs.virginia.edu/~robins/The_Limits_of_Quantum_Computers.pdf
https://quantiki.org/wiki/grovers-search-algorithm
http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.dui0538e/BABFGJGF.html

I know I like to talk about quantum computers, as do others on AI forums, but personally that's only because I've always been fascinated by quantum mechanics, not because I have any interest or hope in applying quantum computers to AI. Looking to quantum computers for a big advance in AI is the wrong place to look: that's a simple-minded solution that government folks and uninformed laymen look to, and you don't want to be in either of those groups.

The real situation is even more extreme than what I just described: Marvin Minsky ("the father of artificial intelligence") and others believe that faster computing is virtually *useless* for producing AGI because existing hardware is already *far* more than adequate for the task. This is called "hardware overhang".

https://aiimpacts.org/hardware-overhang/

What Marvin Minsky and Jeff Hawkins (and myself) believe is that the key to AGI is a clever *organization* of what we already have. In other words, it's an intellectual problem, not a hardware problem, which in turn means anybody could make a breakthrough without need of Google-sized research teams working with cryogenic engineers, physics experts, and number theory experts. That's very good news for the common man like you and I and everybody else on this forum.

(p. 36)
   According to functionalism, being intelligent or having a
mind is purely a property of organization and has nothing inher-
ently to do with what you're organized out of. A mind exists in
any system whose constituent parts have the right causal rela-
tionship with each other, but those parts can just as validly be
neurons, silicon chips, or anything else.
Clearly, this view is
standard issue to any would-be builder of intelligent machines.
   Consider: Would a game of chess be any less real if it was
played with a salt shaker standing in for a lost knight piece?
Clearly not.

Hawkins, Jeff. 2004. On Intelligence. New York: Times Books.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

330 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 346. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles