FPNA - Field-Programmable Neural Array (investment offer)

• 53 Replies

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
Re: Field-Programmable Neural Array (FPNA)
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2019, 07:20:27 pm »
I'd help but I need a kid-friendly example as a viz on image clearly showing (in less than 1 hour to grasp) what it is doing to speed up compute/storage. Lots of people would help you, Someone may steal it but I assure you no one on here if you PM us will steal it.

Do you have basic shelter? If so, then it is more important you get this out there, stolen and breed the idea.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

flamehowk

• Bumblebee
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2019, 07:37:39 pm »
I'd help but I need a kid-friendly example as a viz on image clearly showing (in less than 1 hour to grasp) what it is doing to speed up compute/storage. Lots of people would help you, Someone may steal it but I assure you no one on here if you PM us will steal it.

Do you have basic shelter? If so, then it is more important you get this out there, stolen and breed the idea.
I ask you to confirm whether I understand your proposal correctly. If I make a presentation for you, where I explain the functions of my invention (without explaining the secrets of the technology), will you be ready to start financing my project in the indicated amount - $ 500 per month? (Naturally, every month you will receive a report on the work done and we will be able to discuss your share in the future company)

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2019, 07:42:46 pm »
If it looks good - to increase AGI/compute, I would want to pay and also attempt to find other backers who can pay more but then you may not want that part to happen. If it's truly good, I want it to come faster, so I'd want to help it+the inventor.

I cant 'guarantee' though unless see it...else I'd be lying if dont pay lol
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

flamehowk

• Bumblebee
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2019, 08:01:39 pm »
If it looks good - to increase AGI/compute, I would want to pay and also attempt to find other backers who can pay more but then you may not want that part to happen. If it's truly good, I want it to come faster, so I'd want to help it+the inventor.
I cant 'guarantee' though unless see it...else I'd be lying if dont pay lol
Ok I need some time to create a presentation. Maybe a few days. I will try to do as quickly as possible. When ready, I will write about it.

goaty

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2019, 11:14:43 am »
Just demonstrate your knowledge of electrical hardware,     then maybe youll work out you don't need a large amount of funding anymore - Just go to the electronics store with a few hundred only! :)

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2019, 01:55:50 pm »
I think he's not talking about building this and soldering wires and components together in a garage. I believe he is referring to creating a chip using modern equipment, techniques and materials, employing proper environments like a clean room, scopes, magnification and etching areas, for ic's, etc.

Just my thoughts that he might not be interested in hacking some crude prototype. It would likely be far too large without proper equipment.

Don't know for sure as I can't speak for this person.

If what he indicates is factual, the best thing he could and should do, would be to get the heck out of that country and go someplace safer where he could have the opportunity to earn a decent income without risking his health in doing so.

I agree that some personal background info would go a long way with regard to his credentials, previous work, papers, patents (if applicable), work history, degrees (if applicable), etc. Otherwise, he's just a person with a dream. Nothing wrong with that...but it doesn't carry a lot of weight or credibility.

Regardless, I wish him well.
In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

flamehowk

• Bumblebee
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2019, 04:14:35 am »
Done.
ProgBrain project presentation. (28 minutes).
https://youtu.be/GvDyl2qKvYg

I ask everyone who is willing to participate in the financing of this project to get in touch and start negotiations.

flamehowk

• Bumblebee
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2019, 04:28:58 am »
Otherwise, he's just a person with a dream.
You underestimate me very much.

goaty

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2019, 05:16:06 am »
far be it for a lot us greens to say but
Ah my young padywagon…  you are underestimating us.

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2019, 10:17:52 am »
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

flamehowk

• Bumblebee
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2019, 10:22:55 am »
far be it for a lot us greens to say but
Ah my young padywagon…  you are underestimating us.
Behave decency yourself, please. If you can’t, then do not visit this thread - this will help you maintain your dignity.

flamehowk

• Bumblebee
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2019, 10:28:02 am »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpiNNaker
 :)
Cool link. :)
Great proof that using modern architecture for processing neural networks cannot achieve acceptable compact devices.

Korrelan

• Trusty Member
  • Eve
  • Look into my eyes! WOAH!
    • YouTube
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2019, 11:07:52 am »
The compactness is a secondary consideration, getting the tech to work and do something useful is primary.

Many companies have been perusing your proposal for many years, SpiNNaker is just an example.

Whilst I sympathise with your predicament, I doubt the amount of money required to bring such a schema to fruition will be obtained from a forum like this.

Perhaps you should apply to the many Venture Capital sites, set-up exactly for this purpose.

:)
It thunk... therefore it is!...    /    Project Page    /    KorrTecx Website

ivan.moony

• Trusty Member
  • Bishop
    • mind-child
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2019, 11:37:05 am »
Korr has a good point, but there is also something else... How to persuade potential investors that you have a groundbreaking technology without actually exposing it? This question grows to its extents as the amount of investment money grows up.

I wonder what would happen if you had a contact inside, say, IBM? You could finally expose your technology to that one person that is a key for investment action, but could you trust them? I'd go for it, if it was about my invent, but it's your decision.

For confirming your skills, if you don't want to expose your main patent, I think it would help if you had a number of papers published and cited on, say, Academia.edu or a similar site. Some publicity can't hurt, but it would be a project of its own complexity, taking some more years to accomplish.

Anyway, it would be cool to show up some concrete, tangible results on the mothersite.

flamehowk

• Bumblebee
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2019, 12:07:04 pm »
Perhaps you should apply to the many Venture Capital sites, set-up exactly for this purpose.
I've already done it. But so far it does not help ...

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

370 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 396. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles