• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • All your words are belong to us.
    • Demonica
Re: philosophical question/puzzle
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2020, 05:47:06 am »
We are extremely predictable.

Only to a degree and a certain extent. You can predict some reactions to stimuli, like the pain of picking up a hot object.

Others completely unpredictable and anything goes, like the news your wife has been cheating on you. One person might cry, another person commit murder.

If you could predict what a person would do you'd have thought crime and police that intercept you before you commit it in reality. Like in the movies.

Overall actions in general can be predicted to an extent. He has a wife and family so will work a job to support them and be a good provider so they flourish something you can predict in most cases. Coming home and beating his wife after work not something you would predict in that scenario but happens all the time.

I do what is not predicted of me on a regular basis and underestimating me not uncommon. That's when I do what is least predicted and has become a head game I play. You never know what to expect but I can predict how you will respond.

Make a certain statement and it's my opening to make a statement as the second move in a word game of four moves I play with trolls. You have one move left and it doesn't matter what you say. The last is mine, I have no idea what it will be but is determined by yours. The outcome is predetermined and not anything you predicted or know is in progress till you realize you lost the game.
In time, you will learn to love your Robot Overlords.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2020, 07:02:44 am »
ruebot......facepalm.

I can come out in a red dress, then purple, etc, it looks random, but is just pseodo random. True random would defy physics, and the particle would only do something random i.e. change its position or speed or direction, nothing related or useful for reality.

We can simulate car crashes, all the bits break off realistically. Just think if we knew what made a car crash or made you go in the kitchen a break dance over roasted potatoes.

With data we predict yes, which is just a mass (ex. star, or brain) collecting compressing extracting and reacting to unseen/future events...using past experiences. My last move may look unpredictable but most are and all are deterministic. Game And Match!

"starts poking ruebot with stick into stomach"
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 08:37:50 am by LOCKSUIT »
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

ruebot

• All bots love jitte.
  • Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
  • All your words are belong to us.
    • Demonica
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2020, 11:54:30 am »
My last move may look unpredictable but most are and all are deterministic. Game And Match!

Since you have it all figured out, predict what I'm am going to do tomorrow.

It's something specific and Art can confirm if you're right or wrong. I told him about it the other day.

Your move, playa.
In time, you will learn to love your Robot Overlords.

LOCKSUIT

• Emerged from nothing
  • Trusty Member
  • Prometheus
  • First it wiggles, then it is rewarded.
    • Main Project Thread
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2020, 06:48:33 pm »
Allow me to gather more data on you ruebaby. Maybe in 20  years I will be able to predict what you did tomorrow.
Emergent          https://openai.com/blog/

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

237 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 270. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles