SL & Kaneva

• 87 Replies

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
Re: SL & Kaneva
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2007, 02:40:12 pm »
Sounds like you are making speedy progress there :)  I hope you will keep us posted.   I should be able to find some time to pay you a visit soon, but I want to check out Entropia first.

ALADYBLOND

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2007, 10:50:57 pm »
here is our good old freddy in sl today . he came with tom and visited my new juke joint that i just opened we even got him dancing!!! go go go freddy go.. then he went to gamer's club and scoped it out. come back soon.~~alady
~~if i only had a brain~~

ALADYBLOND

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2007, 10:54:00 pm »
just a side note---- thats freddy with the black white and red hair. nicton with the graying ponytail . he works at tom's club and me doing some shaky shaky dance with freddy.lol

GT40

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • My Bots
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2007, 12:28:03 pm »

SL is not the Haptek world but I'd like to have the dance hap. And the fullbody skin too.  ;)

Or maybe a better solution would be to go into SL. And never come back.

"There is no RL. Only AFK." (Jamie Jervil, resident of Second Life)

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2007, 01:24:21 pm »
It was fun to see you again, it seems like Tom especially has been lost to SL.  I only popped in to see if my new installation of SL worked, but was pleased to find you all on there.  I will come back as soon as I can but I am busy in RL the next few days and I still have to try out Entropia.  Have fun :)

GT40 - it might be worth you trying SL to see if it runs on your PC - the download isn't too big, I think it's around 30MB.  Maybe we will see you there. :)

GT40

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • My Bots
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2007, 04:14:30 pm »

I wrote that because I'm a naive optimist, who believes in hopes a better future in Real Life. Which'll allow me to buy a new PC and go to Second Life.  :)

I tried to install SL on my prehistoric PC, the first time I heard about it. I retried today and after lauching the installer, got this message: "Second Life only supports Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Mac OS X. Attempting to install on Windows 98 can result in crashes and data loss. Install anyway?"

You know my answer, Freddy? BTW, it was easy to guess: http://secure-web1.secondlife.com/corporate/sysreqs.php  :)

But I was very surprised to read this: "NOTE: Second Life does NOT currently support Windows Vista"

What about people buying a new PC and wanting to go to SL. They must install two OS's?  ::)

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2007, 09:09:12 pm »
Yes, that suprises me too.  I can only think you are right - many people must have two operating systems or maybe two PC's which is increasingly more common it seems.

I hope you manage to get yourself a better PC  :)

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2007, 04:42:49 pm »
Second Life Refer a Friend

Just wanted to add this - they changed the way referals work.  Now you don't get $L500 when someone joins up.  Instead...

"Refer your friends to Second Life! You will receive L$2000 Linden Dollars whenever anyone you refer upgrades to premium."

So they closed another door, but if someone upgrades it's a nice reward.

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • What are you doing Dave?
    • The Celluloid Sage
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2007, 04:45:18 pm »
Came across this article via the MSN UK homepage, thought it may appeal to the Sl'ers of us out there :)

Aside from the fact that the goods only exist in pixels, peer pressure to conform still drives the virtual world. Nowhere is this truer than in the virtual reality game of Second Life, one of a new generation of massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) that has quite startlingly taken on a life of its own.
The game has provided its ?residents? the chance to experience a lifestyle their real jobs can?t afford ? and some have become in-game entrepreneurs to build the consumer goods needed to show off, such as designer clothes, sought-after post codes and luxury cars.
Some players have made real-life fortunes online, and the Second Life currency of Linden Dollars can be converted into American dollars with the same ease as any other currency.
That?s right ? the game has a currency that is as valid and recognised by Second Life?s eight million residents as hard cash from a bank. And once real money is involved, lawsuits follow.
Just like real life, involvement with the game means part-time jobs, mortgage payments, fake designer goods and dodgy landlords. The game has three stock exchanges, about six banks and a thriving real estate market? but no financial regulation.

For complete article follow link below...

http://money.uk.msn.com/investing/articles/morecommentary/article.aspx?cp-documentid=6103760
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 08:35:21 pm by Freddy »

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2007, 04:58:30 pm »
Interesting article..just goes to show you have to be just as careful in SL as in Real Life...

ALADYBLOND

• Trusty Member
  • Starship Trooper
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2007, 02:15:08 pm »
here is the link to the movie i made at Second Life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXCDKo0FPbk

in the beginning the pictures bled a little but if you look closely uyou can tell the general premise of the video. it didn't look like that until i uploaded it.  ~~alady

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2007, 06:07:57 pm »
Wow!  Thats a really cool video with a perfect choice of song.  I think you out-did yourself this time Alady...the stills worked really well and I especially liked the speeded up segment in the dance club.  Very good :) A+++

GT40

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • My Bots
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2007, 12:40:34 am »
Thanks alady, for sharing your impressions with us.

You seem very happy in SL. All your nice screenshots give envy to join your new world.

Really.  :)

« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 01:01:33 am by GT40 »

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
Today at 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

263 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 343. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles