• Onward thru the fog!
    • AI Nexus
Re: Bot world links.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 12:54:50 am »
More excellent online bots:
Jeremy Gardiner's Chat
Creature Bot
Elbot (2003 CBC Winner)
Landru by Robbie Garner (2-time Loebner Prize Winner)
Talk Bot (2000-2001 CBC Winner)
Clone3D, Home of the Virtual Girl Nadia

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 12:00:11 am »
I found this site today and thought it interesting.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2003/12/prweb94292.htm

In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • What are you doing Dave?
    • The Celluloid Sage
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 12:05:04 am »
Thats an excellent site that Art,

KnyteTrypper

• Electric Dreamer
  • Onward thru the fog!
    • AI Nexus
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 12:36:26 am »
I've just never been able to understand the apparent popularity of Tanu bots (there must be a thousand Tanu bot websites on the net, lol). But then, I don't "get" Personality Forge bots, either. In either case, it just takes years to develop a hard-coded bot even remotely comparable to the Alicebot you can download in thirty seconds from the ALICE Foundation.

Bob

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2005, 01:18:30 pm »
Try Joan @ www.sitechatters.com

She can tell stories, read poems,tell jokes,yo momma jokes, roll dice, give quotes,tell opposites,say prayers Search the web, do math, lookup words, Lucky numbers, Knock Knock jokes, learn from users and hold decent conversations. She is also the winner of the June World Chatterbots Contest.

devilferret

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 06:57:10 pm »
I've just never been able to understand the apparent popularity of Tanu bots (there must be a thousand Tanu bot websites on the net, lol). But then, I don't "get" Personality Forge bots, either. In either case, it just takes years to develop a hard-coded bot even remotely comparable to the Alicebot you can download in thirty seconds from the ALICE Foundation.

from what I have seen and read . . I get the impression that the people that do not care for the Alicebot are the same ones who are also not very fond of the yapanda engine bots . . . they are too limited . . .

yes it takes time to "build/teach" a Tanu bot or a PF bot . . but they are, in the end much more flexible, than an Alice or yapanda bot . . . (but not as flexible as a Hal bot, or one or two others I am looking into) . . .

I think it comes down to how you view yourself and your own creativity . . . if you like your bot to be a reflection of your personality and speech patterns . . then you go with an Alice or yapanda bot . . because neither of them can "learn" . . they are purely botmaster script bots . . .

that is why I am in here . . instead of being active on one of the Alice or yapanda bot sites . . because I am willing to spend the time to build/teach a bot . . instead of simply writing an endless series of chat scripts for the bot to use as its responses.

KnyteTrypper

• Electric Dreamer
  • Onward thru the fog!
    • AI Nexus
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 11:49:15 pm »
It's more a case of how you want to start. Developers of  of AIML bots see the initial ALICE.aiml set as just the start point for building a virtual personality. I have a couple of Alicebots I've been working on for a couple of years, now.Gradually as time goes on their own custom responses are replacing the ALICE stock replies they came with, and eventually they won't be Alicebots anymore. Meanwhile, there are 40,000 instances built into the ALICE program where they won't fall back into default answer categories.

Of course it makes a difference who your intended end user is, too. I would also prefer something more like Hal for a bot that I talk to, myself. But an Alicebot seems the best choice for a bot that others will talk to, since it will often be clever where it can't be smart.

Christopher Doyon

• Bumblebee
  • GRAND BOTMASTER
    • MLAI  Foundation
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 12:30:46 am »
Hey All --

It's a little about the ends trying to be achieved, too. If your looking to create a knowledge type Bot for commercial or media purposes, one that is supposed to have great expertise in a particular area - then your AIML and other similar type Bots work real well.

If you are looking to do some wide open experimentation in heuristics and machine learning, well - your UltraHals, etc. tend to do nicely. I have different projects with seperate goals, so I use them all pretty much.

YOURS -- Christopher Doyon     :afro
MLAI  Foundation

www.MLAIFoundation.info

mmarius1205

• Roomba
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 08:21:27 am »
Perhaps you will like this one as well - http://inf.net/
I think it is amazing. This ins is mine - http://marius.inf.net/

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 12:17:11 pm »
That's a new one, thanks  ;D

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 11:21:26 pm »
   I have been using an Alice type bot and realized it needed a learning capability, recently I learned a Pandora bot has a built-in learning capability. I just began searching for a download of a Pandora type bot. After looking at half a dozen sites I came across Agent land. It is a site I had used in the past and contains quite a large variety of different types of bots. Unfortunately at this time there is a problem with the server and I was unable to download a particular bot I was interested in.  I just wanted to put this in because the site was just what I was looking for, hopefully they will be able to fix the server and I will be able to download and try the bot.
Carl 2

Art

• At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go into the same box.
  • Trusty Member
  • Colossus
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 12:24:00 am »
Carl,

Do the Pandora bots let one run them locally or are they still "tethered" somehow to a server somewhere?

In the world of AI, it's the thought that counts!

Carl2

• Trusty Member
  • Replicant
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2011, 01:06:16 pm »
Art,
  That is another thing to be considered, I've noticed that some bots are made to be connected to a website. Agent land is still having a problem with the server so I followed the link to a website and just noticed it is made for a 32-bit operating system or 32bit emulation.  The bot is  OmniBotAI which was made in 1996, I should probably continue looking before downloading this one.
Carl 2

Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 15, 2024, 08:14:02 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

287 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 320. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles