A challenge for passionate AI programmers

• 2 Replies

ccontinisio

A challenge for passionate AI programmers
« on: July 11, 2008, 11:41:29 am »
Hi all, I have a challenge that is puzzling me. Maybe it's not that hard, but I'm new to AI programming, so...

I have to develop an AI for a game of my own, a turn-based puzzle game. It's something chess-like, as it needs a CPU opponent to think ahead of what the player will be doing the next turn to be effective. The challenge is that the game board is divided into areas that rotate, so the AI has to make a hard guess for the gaming world can change after every move. The game is a multiplayer 1 vs 1 now, and I need help to make the AI for the single-player.

WHAT I NEED IS NOT PROGRAMMING. I will do that.

I need some AI expert which wants to step up and help me in solving this challenge with the theory and the basis for this AI. I won't pay him because I can't now, although the game has great plans and anyone involved will be rewarded in some way.
The game is currently made in Flash but we want to port it to the iPhone or DS (hopefully). Credit is of course guaranteed, I will make clear who made the AI anywhere on the site and the product if it ships for the intended platform.

Enough talk now! If you want, the game is online and you can try it on http://www.ufho.it
It's one vs one but it's also turn-based, so you can open two windows and play in both as guest (user: guest and password: guest).
In the site there's a guide that explains the game. It's located at http://www.ufho.it/guida2_en.php?lang=en#3

If you want to help, I'd simply like some hint like an algorithm adapted for this game. I will take care of the programming afterwards, I only need theoric implementation.

Thanks in advance to anyone who accepts this challenge! And feel free to ask me for anything!

Ciro Continisio
UFHO

(included an image of the game)

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • What are you doing Dave?
    • The Celluloid Sage
Re: A challenge for passionate AI programmers
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 01:31:59 pm »
Welcome to the site ccontinisio :)

Certainly looks interesting and something that I will likely follow the progress on indeed. Whilst I do not think I can help you myself (knowledge or time) I am sure there are members here who can help you in what you are after.

Regardless of whether you find help here, please do keep us updated as to the progress of this project and I wish you all the best with it and hope you can realise your intentions with/for it.

Marius

ccontinisio

Re: A challenge for passionate AI programmers
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 01:50:38 pm »
Thanks Maviarab for the welcome...
I hope the game goes a long distance, we need that single player experience though because I saw that people who don't find anyone online quit the game immediately.

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by ivan.moony (AI News )
March 28, 2024, 01:31:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

390 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 390. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles