AI WIKI

• 54 Replies

claude2

• Trusty Member
  • Colossus
  • are us machineries?
Re: AI WIKI
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2008, 06:47:41 pm »
You can make the download of whole "Wikipedia"!!! Here is different possibilities of download, and link.
Wikipedia (226 MB) - This is the new file which holds the first paragraph of the articles, all 1.3+ million of them. For most people this will be the most useful. (File Version 01)
Wikipedia Complete (1.1 GB +) - various cuts made by Erik Zachte. Its, contains the full wikipedia with full articiles
Wikipedia Compact (49MB) - For this one we took a number of indexes from various encylopedia sources, merged them and then compared against the wikipedia. Close to a traditional encyclopedia in terms of scope.

http://yadabyte.blogspot.com/2007/02/introducing-new-wikipedia-tomeraider.html     :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 08:30:38 pm by Freddy »
welcome to my world!
the doors we open and close each day decide the way we live....flora whittemore

It is a proverb, sent of my friend Rutanya Alda, actress. (Amityville2)

Dante

• Mechanical Turk
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2008, 02:51:38 pm »
Could be useful, but I have no intention of downloading Wikipedia (an offline version would certainly be nice!) and putting it on the AI Wiki's servers.

There's an AI portal, but that's very...loose compared to this project. How is the Timeline going, Freddy? Have you facotred in the AAAI's timeline?

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2008, 03:08:06 pm »
To be honest I have been a bit tied up in RealLife at the moment, but I am still working on it.  Thanks for reminding me of the AAAI, I found a lot of useful information over there to include.  This will take me a bit longer than I thought, but I will get there.

Also, I can't really see the point of downloading the whole of WIKI.  It would be simpler just to put a link to it!  ::)  But I am sure there are things on WIKI we could borrow under the share-alike agreement.

Dante

• Mechanical Turk
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2008, 12:11:16 pm »
Lovely.

I use WikiTaxi, which allows me to download and use Wikipedia on my laptop (which is more or less my programming sandbox and thus, never a good idea to have a direct connection to anything)

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2008, 02:44:57 pm »
Been lapsing on this, but I am still working on the Timeline, been a bit pre-occupied with Linux experiments and also getting into graphical work again.  Even so there's a few ideas I have still.

The first one is that we should organise 'borrowing' sections of the general world WIKI and put them in our WIKI.

Secondly, we need to organise further 'borrowing' of documents contained on the endangered sites Dante has mentioned.

And thirdly we need to spread the word some more on other forums and sites and try to engage more people.  Eg Kurzwiel, Wallace (may like to do the AIML section) et al.  If we can promote this as some kind of more global venture then I think that woould be nice.

Fourthly, this has to do with hosting - I find the current hosting to be okay but not brilliant, so maybe some time in the new year I will relocate us to more reliable hosting.

That's it for now though I also think developing this WIKI idea further will bring more people to the site in general, so all is good.

Pleased to hear any thoughts from anyone interested and willing to put a little time in every now and then.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 03:32:33 pm by Freddy »

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
  • What are you doing Dave?
    • The Celluloid Sage
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2008, 02:56:47 pm »
As you know also busy, but yeah have ideas of my own on this. Maybe we can split it up between people for certain sections (film, literature, aiml, bots etc etc) then we are not treading on each others toes etc.?

Dante

• Mechanical Turk
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2008, 01:40:04 pm »
Right now I'm happy to continue working on the more meta-physical topics (robo-ethics and all that) though I apologize as my life off the computer needed me a bit more recently.

As an idea, once the Wiki gets a bit more mature we could put in the Chatterbot Collection, we'd be free to add more detail, then, as well.

Glad to see your still playing with Linux, Freddy. :)

Something of interest; my army of spider bots found this; http://sal.jyu.fi/Z/3/index.shtml
a huge collection of AI programs, many for Linux, including CMU's new free speech recog system, Sphinx.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2008, 01:18:57 pm »
No problem Dante, ReaLife has to come first.  Good idea about putting the WIKI in the Chatterbot Collection, we'll do that.  Also that link you found can go on there too.

Linux has been interesting, have five versions or so  now because I was trying to get one that would boot from a USB pendrive - eventually found 'MCN Torronto' which works, it's an extension of Mandriva.  Only problem is that the one I want to use is the Spring Mandriva 2008 because it has a funky desktop.  Tried everything to make it work on my pendrive but it won't play along.  Oh well, least something works.

Dante

• Mechanical Turk
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2008, 03:17:25 pm »
There are many, many diffrent distros, I would suggest others for a flash drive (like Damn Small Linux) as a flashy desktop may not be avaible on all machines you plug your USB into.

Dante

• Mechanical Turk
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2009, 12:09:03 pm »
Well, it's 2009, I might as well end my little work sabbatical and begin again, this time I'm looking at fictional AIs

So, this is my current list;

HAL 9000
Collosus
Wintermute
Neuromancer
Galatea
Janus

I'm looking for fictional AI in the movies, books and games. "AI" as defined here does not include robots.

Freddy

• Administrator
  • Colossus
  • Mostly Harmless
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2009, 12:47:10 pm »
Sounds good, I should get back to working on the time-line too.  Next week I am hoping my parts for the new PC arrive - they have been out of stock for a few weeks now.  So fingers crossed I can get that done quickly and get back to the wiki.  Maviarab was also interested in doing some work on movies and books too btw.

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • The Celluloid Sage
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2009, 03:15:04 pm »
Already have a lot done, just not added it yet, and Art was going to be approached about Books as he is well versed in that area.

This is what I was saying earlier, about we all really need to get an area and keep to it or we are all tripping over each others feet, but if Dante wants to do it then its fine with me.

Dante

• Mechanical Turk
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2009, 04:26:49 pm »
Hey, I dont mind, I'd rather I got on with my robo-ethcis though...we've got to get some way up for all of us to know what each other is working on.

I dont think we can really define areas. I can certinatly put my knowledge on the Wiki, but as it covers at least a bit of each part this could prove annoying :/

If someones looking for something to do, you might consider transferring some CC content over (IE: mini-biographics of those who wrote items located in the papers section, for instance)

If it's any help, this project is helping me get one of my books on paper :P

Maviarab

• Trusty Member
  • Millennium Man
    • The Celluloid Sage
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2009, 04:55:09 pm »
Cool, well done :)

Dante

• Mechanical Turk
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2009, 05:10:02 pm »
Just been thinking; how about Google Docs? We could all collaborate on a single item at a time...

OpenAI Speech-to-Speech Reasoning Demo
by MikeB (AI News )
March 31, 2024, 01:00:53 pm
Say good-bye to GPUs...
by MikeB (AI News )
March 23, 2024, 09:23:52 am
Google Bard report
by ivan.moony (AI News )
February 14, 2024, 04:42:23 pm
Elon Musk's xAI Grok Chatbot
by MikeB (AI News )
December 11, 2023, 06:26:33 am
Nvidia Hype
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 10:04:52 pm
How will the OpenAI CEO being Fired affect ChatGPT?
by 8pla.net (AI News )
December 06, 2023, 09:54:25 pm
Independent AI sovereignties
by WriterOfMinds (AI News )
November 08, 2023, 04:51:21 am
LLaMA2 Meta's chatbot released
by 8pla.net (AI News )
October 18, 2023, 11:41:21 pm

Users Online

209 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 316. Most Online Ever: 2369 (November 21, 2020, 04:08:13 pm)

Articles